The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Totally bricked now

Dormiglione
Dormiglione
✭✭
- Removing the full screen button from the Mac window (the green bubble) isn't going to help with he full screen issue from code. Now that it was removed, I also have to go each time into the video settings and enable manually full screen. Many thanks for that!
- At start, ⌘-M and ⌘-F do now the exact same thing, but they do it different order. AFTER having set full screen from the settings, both combinations toggle from full screen to whatever it is in windowed mode. However, then it is useless.
- I am drunk from camera spinning. If I have the rotation speed set to 0, I can see why that is. When I have smoothing off, I want it off, but it isn't. While smoothing, the mouse pointer keeps to be ahead the screen center, and since you do not adjust the mouse location, it continues to spin in that direction. On a development machine, enable the mouse pointer and watch it. If you move the mouse to the right, the expected behaviour is to move the mouse to the right and a turn of the camera x axis to the right, and for the same amount, the mouse x axis to the left. When the rotation speed is not 0, then also the avatar has to turn, and the difference between the scale of camera speed and rotation speed is the over-swing needed for a playful smoothing. Trust me, I know.
  • tmexx
    tmexx
    Soul Shriven
    Bump!!!
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, having the same spinning camera issue regardless of whether I choose windowed, windowed fullscreen, fullscreen. I had this problem after the first Murkmire update, but gave ESO application and the Launcher access through the Privacy/Accessibility settings as per the recommendations and it worked perfectly (didn't matter how I launched the game, directly with the app or with the launcher).

What's strange is that after today's update, I was able to play just fine earlier by launching the application directly, but logging in tonight I had the spinning camera again. Nothing else changed on my end, but based on another user's post in the Mac Forum here, I tried starting the game via the launcher and voila, no more spinning camera. So, even though I've granted both the ESO application and the ESO launcher access, it seems that only the launcher is working.

iMac late 2013, Mojave, GT 750M
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    There are some strange things happening between the launcher and the game app itself. If I start the game from the launcher, the mouse spin is there. Then I launch the game standalone, make the setting fixes, and then start again from the launcher, and it works. For one session.

I start to believe that the Mac developers play working. Otherwise I can't explain this quality drop in so few releases. :|
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question. In Accessibility did you add both Launcher.app and eso.app?
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    Just a question. In Accessibility did you add both Launcher.app and eso.app?

Yes, but it makes no difference.
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    By launching Launcher.app with an automator app (choose Launcher App from "Other..." rather than from the list):

lwpnuki4yuqs.png

the game retains the settings and behaves almost normally. There are however some graphical glitches, such as resizing the window when switching to other apps, which then needs to get adjusted once again in the settings. And, it works only with smoothing off:

occdwwtoaty1.png
  • Dormiglione
    Dormiglione
    ✭✭
    While I should file a "Totally bricked now - Level 2" discussion, I try to revive this, in order to attract the attention of powerful decision makers. If money could buy good decisions, here is the marketplace!
    • I got started with flickering, which was replaced by a tortuous mouse spin, after reducing the graphics quality from high to medium, and by removing anti-alias and other potentially reasons to this kind of disturbance.
    • Now I am tired of trying to fix stuff from the settings file. I hate ultimatums, but if it goes like this, I have to. I will now give you a month of time to fix the game, and when I come back, I better works. If not, I'll bash the rubber walls into ground, and you will be happy not to hear from me ever again, I tell you!