The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kill 40 Players Conquest STILL not working as it should.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Basically, you can't genuinely expect to get this conquest board done unless you're solo. Which really takes the fun "group" aspect out of PVP for many (myself included).

The reason it doesn't work when grouped? Because it awards a random player in your group with the kill - regardless of whether they even touched the enemy, or not. You could 1 v 1 a player, and still the credit could (and usually does) go to someone else in your group. If you're in a group of 24, you have a 1 in 24 chance of getting credited with a kill. Nothing to do with final blow or anything either... I've tested this FACT extensively. This means, you need 960 kills (or thereabouts, RNG depending) to get it done if in a full group. That's just plain ludicrous. I want to go into PVP with my guildies, but I can't. I have to stay solo to get the mission completed.

This needs fixing ASAP.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run mostly solo and mine is stuck at 19/20 kill Sorcs. Not sure where they all went ...
    :neutral:
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I run mostly solo and mine is stuck at 19/20 kill Sorcs. Not sure where they all went ...
    :neutral:

This is not the bounty quest though - this is the conquest board quest. The bounty one is EASY to fill - you can even be grouped and heal your way through it.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fill this quest pretty much every night I run in a group of 20-24 players.
    Edited by Katahdin on November 13, 2018 8:37PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

You (or your group) just need to kill 40 unique players, that's how I believe it works. You can just keep killing the same little group and fill the quest.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 NA - if it's working on other platforms, great - but you're not listening.

I have tested this.

If you run in a group, only ONE PERSON in the group will get credit for each kill. Regardless of "unique player". Regardless of "final/killing blow". Regardless if you are the one that deals the most damage. Regardless of first blow. Regardless if you do 100% of the damage to a player. It goes to ONE PERSON in the group.

This means, if you are NOT in a group, you need to just register a hit - and when they die, you get credit. You can kill the same player 40 times in a row - and you'll get 40 kills.

I'm pretty sure this isn't how it's meant to work. I think if you have the quest, if you get a hit on a person and are involved in killing them it SHOULD qualify. The group issue is a bug - I'm 99% certain of it.
  • XamXam777
    XamXam777
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is right, this quest is definitely 'bugged' somehow (PC NA btw).

I seem to only be able to get this quest done solo or in small groups. If I'm with my Guildies it's near impossible for me to progress this quest. The bounty kill quests I have no issue getting kill credit for even if I don't do any damage. I don't know why the Conquest Kill 40 works differently (and it definitely does). It's very annoying as a healer... It's why outside my zerg I usually run solo just to be able to complete this quest.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run solo often but when I was grouped the other night and had this quest I still completed it fine.

If the group engages players actively then there should not be a problem. It seems to be working fine.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had this quest last night. I managed to get 1/40 done by the end of the evening. Kill counter said I participated in over 200 kills with almost 40 killing blows, fighting many different players from both factions. We capped out at 12 in group I think, and everyone else seemed to be on 9 resources. So yeah, it definitely isn’t working right. I dropped it at the end of the evening and picked up 9 resources from my friends before they turned in so I can complete it next time.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I run solo often but when I was grouped the other night and had this quest I still completed it fine.

If the group engages players actively then there should not be a problem. It seems to be working fine.

You may have been the "chosen one" that seems to get credited within your group. I've done it fine in groups at times (albeit on VERY rare occasions).

If you really don't believe me, test it out. Group with just one friend, both have the quest - go kill one person that both of you attack. Watch how only 1 of you gets the credit. I've tested it... I'm 100% certain that's how it will play out.
  • Aren_Liore
    Aren_Liore
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering why my quest wasn't updating!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

You may have been the "chosen one" that seems to get credited within your group. I've done it fine in groups at times (albeit on VERY rare occasions).

If you really don't believe me, test it out. Group with just one friend, both have the quest - go kill one person that both of you attack. Watch how only 1 of you gets the credit. I've tested it... I'm 100% certain that's how it will play out.

You are also assuming about how it should work. If it is picking randomly a member of the group, or a member of the group with that quest, then that is likely how it is intended to work. Remember there are healers and a well organized group, even small group, will have healers.

So it makes sense it picks someone at random. I am expecting you do not have anything against healers.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found out how to get around it. If everyone else in your group is dead, you get all the kills as enemies die, although you probably won’t be in a group for very long afterwards.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    I found out how to get around it. If everyone else in your group is dead, you get all the kills as enemies die, although you probably won’t be in a group for very long afterwards.

I lol'd!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are also assuming about how it should work. If it is picking randomly a member of the group, or a member of the group with that quest, then that is likely how it is intended to work. Remember there are healers and a well organized group, even small group, will have healers.

So it makes sense it picks someone at random. I am expecting you do not have anything against healers.

Of course not. I run on my healer too (it's actually what I do most in Cyrodiil) - however, you could go ALL NIGHT LONG and not get a single kill credited towards you. it's completely RNG - and surely that is NOT how it's meant to work? In fact, I further tested this...

My wife sat in Bleaker's and I grouped with her, we both had quest. I was one keep over (at Chalman) and I dueled an enemy player. SHE got credit for it as she was sitting in Bleakers buying siege and I got nothing. Tell me again that's what they intended? I dare you.

The only way to effectively get this quest done is to go solo - and if you ONLY have heals on your bar, you can't get it done. Do YOU have something against healers? It means the healer MUST run some level of DPS - forcing them into a playstyle they may not enjoy.

It needs fixing, and I wish you would stop playing Devil's Advocate... it serves very little purpose when we are trying to get ZoS to address an issue.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »

I'm going argue that it is okay to assume that the quest would work the same way as another similar quest (Kill 20 enemy somethings)... but it doesn't.

PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually going to start submitting daily tickets about this. I'm annoyed that ZoS are ignoring this, and the entire point of group PVP...
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had over 200 kills last night, only 19 of them counted toward the quest to kill 40 players. How hard can it be to tally 40 out of 200 plus toward a quest?
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    I had over 200 kills last night, only 19 of them counted toward the quest to kill 40 players. How hard can it be to tally 40 out of 200 plus toward a quest?

Were you in a group? I presume so... because that means someone else in your group was getting credit for you work. it's nonsense. ZoS are just too lazy to sort it out.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I fill this quest pretty much every night I run in a group of 20-24 players.

Well this WAS happening every night. Now I cant fill it unless Im solo
    Beta tester November 2013
  • MadamSunfire
    MadamSunfire
    Soul Shriven
    This quest completely sucks. I don't even keep it anymore. I mostly heal and I think it would take me months to complete it. I have completed it once, when I was defending an outpost, dumping oil on enemies heads. This board is also completely broken. Most of the time when I turn a quest in to the board, it won't give me another quest, even if I haven't done any others for the past day or so. I have to sit there for a while, or just hope one of my group members has the quest I need.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This quest works perfectly fine if you are solo, it arses up when you are in a group.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest completely sucks. I don't even keep it anymore. I mostly heal and I think it would take me months to complete it. I have completed it once, when I was defending an outpost, dumping oil on enemies heads. This board is also completely broken. Most of the time when I turn a quest in to the board, it won't give me another quest, even if I haven't done any others for the past day or so. I have to sit there for a while, or just hope one of my group members has the quest I need.

The way the board delivers quests is very odd. It will contain the same quest on repeat, even if you abandon and try to pick up... until someone else interacts with the board - then it flicks over to the next one. You need 2 of you to keep picking up and abandoning until you get the quest you want... it's most frustrating. The entire thing is badly implemented.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AntonioP since you closed the other thread and directed people to this "active" thread, I thought you might want to know. Closing a thread about a problem that has been going on for months, and directing people to a thread that is being ignored by ZOS, is not helping.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they closed my thread on this subject because I wasnt aware that this one existed, and I had made a duplicate. What is cute is that they are fully aware of the issue and just refuse to fix it..