Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What if ESO was set in the First Era?

Wizardry
Wizardry
✭✭✭
what do you think guys? share your opinions here with me, let's waste our time on this subject :#
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rather the mytic era before the mortal races. Mhm.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Wizardry
    Wizardry
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Rather the mytic era before the mortal races. Mhm.

yeah that's cool too and they can make any plot they want and put the excuse at the kalpa or "Dragonbreak" even if they break the lore, that will make the writer feel free and make awesome Lore
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    Wizardry wrote: »
    make the writer feel free and make awesome Lore
    Everyone is a Khajiit. Best alternate universe possible
    Edited by Saphayla on November 7, 2018 8:56AM
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I play Pelinal?

Pelinal_5f7e6f_6364395.jpg
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there's a supposedly 1000 year long dragon break sometime in the first era where a Elder Scrolls game could take place
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it'd be interesting to travel to the First Era or even Merethic Era before some of the other races vanished or went extinct. Imagine running into a Snow Elf or Dwemer, or doing a quest for a Lilmothlit or Dragon Cult.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wizardry wrote: »
    what do you think guys? share your opinions here with me, let's waste our time on this subject :#

Depending on when in the First Era certain races might be available to play while others would not.

Some races you might be able to play as would be Aylieds, Dwemer and Nedes.

Races that might not be available would be Redguards and Imperials.

You might even encounter an earlier variety of Bretons that looked much more like their Elven ancestors.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been reading up on lore, and the from what ive discovered from points others made, it wouldnt have been possible to set eso in the first era or any other era for that matter outside of the 2nd. To much going on with racial drama in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th eras make sense as an all race conflict. And even the 2nd era its a long shot because most of the races have too many reasons to hate the other races in their respective alliances for them to work together like they do in eso.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A theory is Tamriel is in a state of technological decline, whereas the further you go in Eras the worse Civilization becomes. Considering that, then the First Era, or even the Merethic Era would be full of brilliant and enlightened peoples, Magics more astounding than that of the Psijics, and civilizations of the highest order.

And even though it'd be interesting to see Nirn's beginnings, or at least the beginnings of recorded History, I want to see what happens next more so. Anything 4E +.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    A theory is Tamriel is in a state of technological decline, whereas the further you go in Eras the worse Civilization becomes. Considering that, then the First Era, or even the Merethic Era would be full of brilliant and enlightened peoples, Magics more astounding than that of the Psijics, and civilizations of the highest order.

And even though it'd be interesting to see Nirn's beginnings, or at least the beginnings of recorded History, I want to see what happens next more so. Anything 4E +.

Ah, the Parabolic Kalpa theory?
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see ESO in the First Era. PVP options are great: join Alessia or Ayleids or some shady third party. But a lot of lore should have to be exposed: Nedes, Nords, Ayleids, Minotaurs, Dwemer - oh... all the Mer, actually... A great job to be done... A thankless job. Because it would have been strongly criticized. Yet I'd love it as is. Is there a hope to see ESO 2 taking place in Fisrt Era?
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    I would love to see ESO in the First Era. PVP options are great: join Alessia or Ayleids or some shady third party. But a lot of lore should have to be exposed: Nedes, Nords, Ayleids, Minotaurs, Dwemer - oh... all the Mer, actually... A great job to be done... A thankless job. Because it would have been strongly criticized. Yet I'd love it as is. Is there a hope to see ESO 2 taking place in Fisrt Era?

Ya know, I kind of doubt we ever see an ESO 2. If ZOS does another MMORPG, I don't think it'll be in the Elder Scrolls universe but an all new IP altogether.

Also, it seems ZOS and Bethesda are using ESO as sort of a 'reboot' to a lot of the lore in the universe.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I do wish the next would be more of a Skyrim clone but online. Skyrim was really just an incredibly well done game. The quests were so much more immersive. Remember the dungeons with puzzles that were actually hard to figure out?
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I do wish the next would be more of a Skyrim clone but online. Skyrim was really just an incredibly well done game. The quests were so much more immersive. Remember the dungeons with puzzles that were actually hard to figure out?

I'm probably in the minority on this but I think ESO has better written stories overall than Skyrim did.