The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to battle AFKers and griefers

Deyirn
Deyirn
✭✭✭
I was just watching a stream on Twitch where the streamer joined a battleground and two of their teammates were just staying in the spawn talking crap.

There needs to be a system that makes you leave spawn 5 seconds after you spawn and drop down where everyone else is. Otherwise after the 5 seconds pass you have 5 more seconds to jump down or you get kicked out of the battleground and you get a penalty like in WoW's battlegrounds called "Deserter" which acts like a debuff and you can't queue again for 15 minutes.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10s delay from spawn = kicked from bg? That seems excessive... What if you want to switch out an ability or gear mid game? What if you need to AFK for like 30s to get a drink? What if you have a full group camping spawn and you want your group to get there first so you don’t all get individually farmed... I have never had this issue after hundreds of bgs so I can’t understand why you would want to introduce such a punishing mechanic
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a system in place (or at least used to be), where you'll get kicked from the Battleground and hit with a deserter debuff - which lasts for 20 minutes in ESO - if you go long enough without doing anything. Back in the days of "infinite" loading screens, this was a source of ire for some people.

Anyway, 10 seconds from spawning until getting kicked is definitely too short. as @_Ahala_ points out, sometimes it would be a big tactical mistake; if another team is in your team's spawn, and you're the only person that has rezzed yet, jumping down most likely just means you end up "feeding" the other team. And to add to his list: what if you're in a group of solo queued players, and need to type something to your team? If you're going to try and work out a little strategy with them, you may very well need more "safe typing time" than that.

Being able to nuke people from your spawn is somewhat of an issue in some objective-based games (in Deathmatch you can/should just back off), but I can't agree with a forced leaving of spawn within such a short time of spawning.
  • Deyirn
    Deyirn
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    There's a system in place (or at least used to be), where you'll get kicked from the Battleground and hit with a deserter debuff - which lasts for 20 minutes in ESO - if you go long enough without doing anything. Back in the days of "infinite" loading screens, this was a source of ire for some people.

Anyway, 10 seconds from spawning until getting kicked is definitely too short. as @_Ahala_ points out, sometimes it would be a big tactical mistake; if another team is in your team's spawn, and you're the only person that has rezzed yet, jumping down most likely just means you end up "feeding" the other team. And to add to his list: what if you're in a group of solo queued players, and need to type something to your team? If you're going to try and work out a little strategy with them, you may very well need more "safe typing time" than that.

Being able to nuke people from your spawn is somewhat of an issue in some objective-based games (in Deathmatch you can/should just back off), but I can't agree with a forced leaving of spawn within such a short time of spawning.

Time can always be adjusted to be more reasonable, I was just thinking at the moment about this particular situation. I can imagine people who want to grief will just move a single step to show they aren't AFK, but the only thing sensible is to force them to leave the spawning area within 20-30 seconds.

This needs to be done.