Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Writ boards for your home?

Strike_Maximus
Strike_Maximus
✭✭✭
It's been an idea I've had for awhile but it would be so cool to have your own personal writ boards and drop off in your home (maybe have it be a mail box with the writ flyers in it instead
of just a board)
I would completely be fine with just writ boards for your home but the turn in would be very convenient.
Maybe it would make crafting stations way more used in homes if this was a feature.
PC/NA/DC

CP 810
Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amazing idea, would love that
    at a place nobody knows
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have stated before, they don't want too many services available in player homes. Its why we only have the store npcs we have (and a fence iirc)
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I don't know why they would limit services in player homes, as more services would make people WANT homes more. If homes are to be considered 'our refuge & base', services are necessary and would cut down on all the mundane trips we have to make. Wouldn't more people buying homes suit the game company's pocket more? More home purchases mean more furniture purchases, more in-depth role-play, more involvement, more people crafting... Homes would have MORE purpose!!!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have stated before, they don't want too many services available in player homes. Its why we only have the store npcs we have (and a fence iirc)

Can you provide the source for this? Don't recall ever reading/hearing this anywhere.
    Ashryn wrote: »
    Actually, I don't know why they would limit services in player homes, as more services would make people WANT homes more. If homes are to be considered 'our refuge & base', services are necessary and would cut down on all the mundane trips we have to make. Wouldn't more people buying homes suit the game company's pocket more? More home purchases mean more furniture purchases, more in-depth role-play, more involvement, more people crafting... Homes would have MORE purpose!!!

I agree with you here. I WANT to use my homes. I've bought all the basic crafting stations for several of my homes and set up some lovely crafting areas, which are largely useless.

I've floated this idea in the past, as have others. Responses are usually either (1) No, it'll turn the rest of Tamriel into a ghost town, or (2) It'll break immersion or won't "make sense."

As for 1, I don't think this would be true, as if it's CS exclusive and priced like the assistants, not everyone will buy them. Or you could make them achievement-related and cost TONS of vouchers. Either way, there are still plenty of reasons (like questing - you know, playing the game - and shopping at guild traders) to lure players from their homes.

And as for 2, it already breaks my immersion and doesn't make sense that my DC character can pick up and turn in writs in Mournhold. I'm certain that the EP will make sure that the gear she turned in for the DC war effort reaches them. LOL. Why doesn't it make sense that I could hire an NPC writ courier who would deliver crafting writs and pick up the completed goods?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 12, 2018 7:05PM
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writ boards in homes would be amazing. I have all my services in a small circle on a patio, and it would be great to knock them all out in seconds and get them turned in so I can swap again. Maybe that's "too easy"...
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, just do your writs in Rawl'kha ...
    shades.gif
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that existed, crafting alts would never leave home. ZOS want it to be a MMO, not a single-player crafting game.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashryn wrote: »

They want towns to appear to be vibrant and well populated. I'm glad we still have reasons to go to town. Gives me a chance to check out other players characters.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."