Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non-responsive buttons

4am
4am
Soul Shriven
Twice I've tried to play today and twice I've given up because my char fails to respond when I attempt to fire skills (resulting in death).

Anyone else having similar issues?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are experiencing an issue where attacks are not initiating, you should check the control settings on the affected character.

There are different templates for the controls, and you may have inadvertently switched to the non-default one. You can find these settings in your Options menus.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • zanthras
    zanthras
    Soul Shriven
    This problem is due to the characters getting stuck in sprint mode. I've been having it happen like daily. I usually find I'm having the problem when I'm doing pickpocketing and suddenly I can't sneak anymore.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most common cause of this is the "Sprint bug" where your character gets locked sprinting. This happens often lately, even if you weren't sprinting before it effected you. There are a few solutions. Sometimes holding and releasing your Sprint key helps, sometimes dodgeroll. And always always...

...opening the crown store will fix it. No ****, if your skills are greyed out and your buttons are non responsive, open the crown store. Works every time.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this all the time, Sometimes stuck in sprint mode, Sometimes My Aoes (like Shards or Springs) and Ultimate abilities (Destro Ulti or Solar Disturbance) don't activate until I push escape. Sometimes I get stuck in Heavy attacks when I'm not even holding the button.

@ZOS_BillE
    Also I noticed with Resto and Lightning Staff, If you don't Finish a Heavy attack, You don't even get 1 Charge towards the NightBlade Assassin Skill [Grim Focus]adhw9ojovea2.png
    1 charge for light attack, 2 Charges for heavy. Shouldn't it count as a light attack at least?

Edit: PS, I think This skill should also have 8% damage increase as a passive as was done with
    The Warden [Ability Bird Of Prey] 3k20884bsxu3.png
    -While slotted gain Minor Berserk, increasing damage done by 8%.
    and instead of having to activate twice and count out the five Charges, have the counter always active but grey out the skill until you have 5 Charges and can fire the Arrow... So you don't have to activate it twice or worry about the 20 second cool down and maybe even save up a fully charged arrow for the next mobs... Why doesn't anyone listen to me!?!

Edited by Radiance on November 4, 2018 6:02AM
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    I get this all the time, Sometimes stuck in sprint mode, Sometimes My Aoes (like Shards or Springs) and Ultimate abilities (Destro Ulti or Solar Disturbance) don't activate until I push escape. Sometimes I get stuck in Heavy attacks when I'm not even holding the button.

@ZOS_BillE
    Also I noticed with Resto and Lightning Staff, If you don't Finish a Heavy attack, You don't even get 1 Charge towards the NightBlade Assassin Skill [Grim Focus]adhw9ojovea2.png
    1 charge for light attack, 2 Charges for heavy. Shouldn't it count as a light attack at least?

Edit: PS, I think This skill should also have 8% damage increase as a passive as was done with
    The Warden [Ability Bird Of Prey] 3k20884bsxu3.png
    -While slotted gain Minor Berserk, increasing damage done by 8%.
    and instead of having to activate twice and count out the five Charges, have the counter always active but grey out the skill until you have 5 Charges and can fire the Arrow... So you don't have to activate it twice or worry about the 20 second cool down and maybe even save up a fully charged arrow for the next mobs... Why doesn't anyone listen to me!?!

The better question is why are you using a lightning or a resto staff with a magblade?
  • woodap
    woodap
    ✭✭✭
    I’m getting this more often than not now. This game is so laggy since Murkmire. I’ve already lost my shield and survivability as a magsorc, and these issues I’m experiencing just take the biscuit and do not even give me a chance to adapt. Huge lag in Murkmire, weapons/skills not firing, non responsive NPCs, delay in mounting, inventory/selling laggy, even fishing is laggy. In my experience, the problems get worse the longer I play. 30 minutes at a time maybe before it’s unplayable.