Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Help me figure how to gather the most expensive mats!

Raigoku
Raigoku
Soul Shriven
Hello, so I finally learned about how crafting levels affect nodes gathered. That being said, what is your optimal gathering setup?

For jewelry stuff, Electrum seems to be the most expensive (4/5)
For jute max level for Ancestor Silk hands down (10/10)
Ore and Wood look the same (x/10?)
Alchemy max for Lorkhan Tears (8/8)
I have no idea about Runestones, they all look worthless besides that Kute?Kuta? one that's like 4k gold (x/4? x/10?). I assume it's worth skipping Runestones entirely?

Thoughts?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the bag space to collect all the runestones, and the good sellers are Kuta, Repora, Rekuta, Rakeipa, and Mundane Runes. Please only do this if you have the bag space to not cherrypick the nodes, because that's rude.
    Options
  • Raigoku
    Raigoku
    Soul Shriven
    Yea I'm ESO+ so I don't care about cherrypicking. So you consider Runes to be worth picking. Alright. Should I max the craft? What about the others?
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Max all crafts and harvest everything since you have the craft bag.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange that electrum is the most valuable. It seems like there would be much higher demand for platinum.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raigoku wrote: »
    Yea I'm ESO+ so I don't care about cherrypicking. So you consider Runes to be worth picking. Alright. Should I max the craft? What about the others?

I max enchanting so I can do max level writs on that character. Some of the lower level potency runes sell for more than Repora, but I find that Repora sells well enough that I dont bother.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange that electrum is the most valuable. It seems like there would be much higher demand for platinum.

Theres a higher demand for platinum but a much bigger supply. Whereas anyone running writs while leveling jewelrycrafting will need electrum at some point.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I max enchanting so I can do max level writs on that character. Some of the lower level potency runes sell for more than Repora, but I find that Repora sells well enough that I dont bother.

Still baffles me that players prefer going to the guild traders for their Potency fix ... when they are sold at NPC Enchanters.

I have the bag space to collect all the runestones, and the good sellers are Kuta, Repora, Rekuta, Rakeipa, and Mundane Runes. Please only do this if you have the bag space to not cherrypick the nodes, because that's rude.

Hakeijo Runes are worth more than any of these ... though they aren't farmed in nodes. You can farm Tel Var and then flip the Runes for a profit. Or, you can get lucky and find them in a heavy sack (super rare though).
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you only want to farm runes, you don't have to do any enchanting. You can pick up runes while you're still wearing your starting jammies. To make glyphs you have to work on enchanting, but not to simply pick up runes.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still baffles me that players prefer going to the guild traders for their Potency fix ... when they are sold at NPC Enchanters.

Hakeijo Runes are worth more than any of these ... though they aren't farmed in nodes. You can farm Tel Var and then flip the Runes for a profit. Or, you can get lucky and find them in a heavy sack (super rare though).

You can get Hakeijo from Psijic Portals. However, the drop rate there is low enough I didn't bother to include it with the runes you can get from faming enchanting nodes.
    Options
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, level Enchanting. I'm maxed on all 15 characters, and it's really quick and easy to do the daily writs. It rotates daily through CP150 white Magicka, Stamina, and Health runes, so you can build a big supply in advance. And the Tier 10 writ rewards frequently drop Master Writs and Kutas (about 3-5 of the latter per day). I sell Gold 160 glyphs in the trader, and at 7k each (except for Hakeijo) they fly off the shelf.

Also, you didn't mention provisioning, but for that and Alchemy, the stuff doesn't even have to be made by the character turning in the writ. My one master crafter is the only one that can make more than one per attempt, and he made stacks of all food/drink and potions/poisons demanded by the writs and transferred them to the other toons via the bank. The others all start out with > a year's supply of stuff for Enchanting and Alchemy writs.

Last night, someone on zone chat was offering 200g/Frost Mirriam. I sold him 6000. I still have plenty left for my own use.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
    Options
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    do crafting dailies and get the surveys
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options