The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

StamDK Dark Elf - I BROKE the Meta (PvE)

dovakiin5574
dovakiin5574
✭✭✭✭✭
So I was doing some messing around on the PTS since I know none of the youtubers would try this (I have made comments on videos).

I experimented with StamDK on a Dark Elf and I found some surprising results!!!
Note I get the SAME dps on "meta" builds, so I challenge those who are better than me at rotations to try this build out yourselves and post your results!

For the gear I used:
Velidreth Helm - heavy
Veilidreth Shoulders - light
x5 Relequen
x5 (front bar) Shadow of the Red Mountain

For skills I used:
Front bar: Venomous Claw, Trap Beast, Rending Slashes, Noxious Breath, Evil Hunter, Flawless Dawnbreaker
Back bar: Endless Hail, Evil Hunter, Poison Injection, Razor Caltrops, Flames of Oblivion, Standard of Might

Rotation:

Activate buffs like Flames of Oblivion before you engage. Drop Rearming Trap and then start with Endless Hail.

Endless Hail > LA > Razor Caltrops > LA > Poison Injection > Weapon Swap > (Or drop Standard if you have it ready)
LA or HA > Venomous Claw > LA or HA > Noxious Breath > LA > 4x Rending Slashes (with LA) > Rearming Trap > LA > Weapon Swap >
Restart

LA = Light Attack
HA = Heavy Attack

HOW MUCH DPS?
I got 41k approximately, but again I am not super fast with rotations so someone who is faster is likely to parse higher. For the record, my Khajiit Stamina Nightblade parses the same with Relequen + Advancing Yokeda.

WHY EVIL HUNTER?
It gives you Major Savagery which boosts your critical rating by 2191 (in addition to the 3% damage for each Fighter's Guild ability slotted). On the front bar it also reduces the cost of Rearming Trap by 28%. Now outside of parsing, I would replace Evil Hunter on the back bar with EITHER Silver Leash or Resolving Vigor.

SEE MY RESULTS HERE as well as all the other less important results of my testing:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yUqr_dcQMyjDpyjWd__HqMkHOah8xvTW?usp=sharing

WAIT... Is that... VALKYN?
Yes. In initial testing it was parsing higher than Velidreth, but in the end they are about the same. Feel free to experiment on your own!

Wait... So did you really break the meta?
Maybe, maybe not. Title was for your clicks :tongue: But who knows! Let me know what you think in the comments.
PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by dovakiin5574 on November 7, 2018 1:09AM
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    dude your build is INSANE!!! I got 64.5K DPS WITH THIS BUILD! SELFBUFFED ON A 6mio DUMMY
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude your build is INSANE!!! I got 64.5K DPS WITH THIS BUILD! SELFBUFFED ON A 6mio DUMMY

Thank you :smile: I'm glad to see people hit higher numbers with this build. I may not hit as hard as some people do but my theorycrafting is on point :smirk: I'll be sharing more of these "meta breaking" builds as I complete testing.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any ideas for someone who doesn't have a full set of Relequen yet?
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »

Try using Ashen Grip, its craftable. Check out my other parses, Ashen performs slightly under Red Mountain. Being that we're running Dark Elf, we get more benefit from Ashen then from Hunding's Rage. Other than that, Spriggan's, Briarheart, Hunding's should be ok as well if you already have those sets
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Try using Ashen Grip, its craftable. Check out my other parses, Ashen performs slightly under Red Mountain. Being that we're running Dark Elf, we get more benefit from Ashen then from Hunding's Rage. Other than that, Spriggan's, Briarheart, Hunding's should be ok as well if you already have those sets

Hey, thanks. I'll do some experimenting.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ashen Grip is really bad!
    Way of fire or sunderflame are much better and easy to get.
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

Ashen Grip is really bad!
    Way of fire or sunderflame are much better and easy to get.

Way of Fire is 10% worse from my testing. Sunderflame is a solo set, shouldn't be used in trials. Feel free to prove me wrong though :wink: Its important for us players to improve upon stuff
    Edited by dovakiin5574 on November 8, 2018 2:29PM
  • Matt68
    Matt68
    Soul Shriven

Thank you :smile: I'm glad to see people hit higher numbers with this build. I may not hit as hard as some people do but my theorycrafting is on point :smirk: I'll be sharing more of these "meta breaking" builds as I complete testing.

You realize that this guy is totally trolling you ? Even with the BIS build, you cannot reach those numbers, by far.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are we really showing off under-40k parses (with one lucky 41k)? I can hit more consistent 40k with a bow-bow warden (don't ask, I have a sweet spot for them). Come back when you show us a 60k parse and we can talk.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    So are we really showing off under-40k parses (with one lucky 41k)? I can hit more consistent 40k with a bow-bow warden (don't ask, I have a sweet spot for them). Come back when you show us a 60k parse and we can talk.

It is a consistent 41k and while my build might not impress you, you aren't the reason why I shared this build. I am trying to reach players like me who average 40k (give or take) on a typical meta character and who are bored of following what people think is "the best". The point here isn't to be the best, its to be worthy of vet trials while playing a fun build that won't drag a trial team down. You shouldn't have room to judge given you can ONLY hit 40k on bow/bow warden, I recall Alcast getting at least 43? Alcast has even taken some "fun" steps such as using 2h instead of dual wield on some builds. So please take your negativity elsewhere, thank you.

This is a game right? Lets have fun while also doing some decent dps? What dps did you have when you started at cp 160? I bet 40k would have sounded pretty good to the cp 160 Royaji. Maybe the cp 160 Royaji was more fun, who knows.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt68 wrote: »

You realize that this guy is totally trolling you ? Even with the BIS build, you cannot reach those numbers, by far.

I find that answering with kindness, sarcasm, or well placed common sense does well in situations like this :wink:
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a consistent 41k and while my build might not impress you, you aren't the reason why I shared this build. I am trying to reach players like me who average 40k (give or take) on a typical meta character and who are bored of following what people think is "the best". The point here isn't to be the best, its to be worthy of vet trials while playing a fun build that won't drag a trial team down. You shouldn't have room to judge given you can ONLY hit 40k on bow/bow warden, I recall Alcast getting at least 43? Alcast has even taken some "fun" steps such as using 2h instead of dual wield on some builds. So please take your negativity elsewhere, thank you.

This is a game right? Lets have fun while also doing some decent dps? What dps did you have when you started at cp 160? I bet 40k would have sounded pretty good to the cp 160 Royaji. Maybe the cp 160 Royaji was more fun, who knows.

I have nothing against "just for fun" builds. They can be fun and not everyone is here to do leaderboards runs. But they are not meta. And coming on the forums and screaming that they are and you've just found a "meta-breaker" build with 41k DPS isn't going to change it. 40k DPS is very average this patch. We've seen parses close to 60k on every class and spec.

This whole thread would've received a lot less negativity if you didn't try to sell your build as a "meta-destroyer" and just told us what it was from the beginning. A fun, fire-damage focused stamDK build.
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have nothing against "just for fun" builds. They can be fun and not everyone is here to do leaderboards runs. But they are not meta. And coming on the forums and screaming that they are and you've just found a "meta-breaker" build with 41k DPS isn't going to change it. 40k DPS is very average this patch. We've seen parses close to 60k on every class and spec.

This whole thread would've received a lot less negativity if you didn't try to sell your build as a "meta-destroyer" and just told us what it was from the beginning. A fun, fire-damage focused stamDK build.

But then no one would read it. Also, its more of encouraging players to "break" out of the meta. So yes, it does break the meta. Also what is average for "elite" players isn't average for the normal players. 40k is high for at least 80% of the ESO dps population
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build is still awesome, check it out