The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Remove MMR completely

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My queues actually feel a little slower than they used to be. Before taking a break 4-5 months ago, I'd usually get a game within a minute or two (at least if it was somewhere near'ish prime time). Now, 5-10 minute waits seem relatively common...long enough to be annoying, but not really long enough to do anything else during the time between queues.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    My queues actually feel a little slower than they used to be. Before taking a break 4-5 months ago, I'd usually get a game within a minute or two (at least if it was somewhere near'ish prime time). Now, 5-10 minute waits seem relatively common...long enough to be annoying, but not really long enough to do anything else during the time between queues.

Just wait till you have a high MMR or que with friends. You’ll be in a que for half an hour
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    p00tx wrote: »
    Why would anyone who is good enough to have an inconveniently high MMR want to play with people who are low MMR (presumably unskilled or low-skilled)? That would be both boring for the talented player and horrible for the lower player.

I think something definitely needs to be done to shorten the queues for you guys (maybe condense the rankings to lessen the distribution?), but throwing you guys in with the rest of us plebs is not the answer. I don't really feel like being your helpless murder fodder.

Because I’m sick of waiting 30 minutes to play a single Bg game where most of the time it’s trash. This game does not have a big enough population to support a proper MMR system, let’s not forgot the countless flaws it has. Since zos lacks any competence to even make a system without thousands of flaws, better to just completely remove it entirely.

Are you on console? On PC my wait time went from 45 min to around 8 to 15 min max on my main.

Yes I’m on console. So our population isn’t as large as PC

You havent had the queue time patch. Just wait a week.

I’ve heard of that patch. Some pc people told me it’s hardly any different. One even went as far as to say “I used to wait 30 minutes, now I’m waiting 25 minutes!” lol

It’s a huge improvement.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone who is good enough to have an inconveniently high MMR want to play with people who are low MMR (presumably unskilled or low-skilled)? That would be both boring for the talented player and horrible for the lower player.

I think something definitely needs to be done to shorten the queues for you guys (maybe condense the rankings to lessen the distribution?), but throwing you guys in with the rest of us plebs is not the answer. I don't really feel like being your helpless murder fodder.

Because I’m sick of waiting 30 minutes to play a single Bg game where most of the time it’s trash. This game does not have a big enough population to support a proper MMR system, let’s not forgot the countless flaws it has. Since zos lacks any competence to even make a system without thousands of flaws, better to just completely remove it entirely.

Are you on console? On PC my wait time went from 45 min to around 8 to 15 min max on my main.

I’ve heard of that patch. Some pc people told me it’s hardly any different. One even went as far as to say “I used to wait 30 minutes, now I’m waiting 25 minutes!” lol

It’s a huge improvement.

Are you certain the improvement isn't due to increased pop? I get that that there is a smaller pool of players at the high MMR level; I experience it myself on my stamplar when waiting 30+ minutes for a game only to match the same players. But PC has a much higher pop than console, and I imagine with the new RFTW things, BG's is the most efficient way to gain AP for many of the more casual players on the game. It seems to me that the shorter que times could correlate with a significantly higher BG population.

I do hope that this isn't the case, and that they've improved the system. However I won't get my hopes up considering ZoS's way of fixing things ;)

I'll be on XB NA to test the MMR on my stamplar later today.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My queue times went from 45 minutes to 15 minutes.

@damarky I know that’s rough but the other day I got pit against your premade 3 times in an hour. Before murkmire you would’ve had to wait an hour+ with your group
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

It’s a huge improvement.

Are you certain the improvement isn't due to increased pop? I get that that there is a smaller pool of players at the high MMR level; I experience it myself on my stamplar when waiting 30+ minutes for a game only to match the same players. But PC has a much higher pop than console, and I imagine with the new RFTW things, BG's is the most efficient way to gain AP for many of the more casual players on the game. It seems to me that the shorter que times could correlate with a significantly higher BG population.

I do hope that this isn't the case, and that they've improved the system. However I won't get my hopes up considering ZoS's way of fixing things ;)

I'll be on XB NA to test the MMR on my stamplar later today.

Please tell me the results if it actually improves on console
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Just wait till you have a high MMR or que with friends. You’ll be in a que for half an hour
    Considering the number of games I've played, and the people/groups I frequently get matched up against, I'd say that my MMR is pretty high (and was before, as well).
  • damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    I Watched well known players that solo que get pops before me and they all told me that they only waited 15min but i was in the que for 25min at that stage and than i went up to 30 min and just gave up. Look i dont mind even games but not if I have to be pushed to the back of the que and in saying that the players that got in the match are all solid players.

MMR needs a rework, there are just way to many things you can do to milk the system. Happy to list them out here but I really dont want more players ruining BGS for others.

ZOS it might be better to Rank MMR based off damage/kills and the amount of times you die. Since its mostly just small scale PVP now and they might find the best way to match make.

In its current state right now of having to wait longer than 30min BGs are just RIP
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if you can/can't.

You should be able to que while in Cyro. Would make sense to do something while waiting. Otherwise 6v6 <Can only que with 4> no MMR.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes you thirty minutes to run to the action in a Cyrodiil. Just as you’re getting into the fray, the BG queue pops.

Thanks ZoS.
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    I will say this one more time: "This Game is broken since beta"
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My queue times went from 45 minutes to 15 minutes.

@damarky I know that’s rough but the other day I got pit against your premade 3 times in an hour. Before murkmire you would’ve had to wait an hour+ with your group

Definitely went down with the patch.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wait time to get into BGs is very short, like less than 5 minutes. Maybe I haven't played enough of them since the MMR was set up, but I've been playing a lot lately and often will que right after finishing a match and get put into another BG within 60 seconds. Probably 1 in 8 matches, I enter midway through. About 1 in 4, I enter within the first minute. The rest, I enter before the match begins.

Of all the matches I've done since Mirkmire, only about 1 in 15 have pitted me against an unstoppable premade. Plenty of well coordinated groups, but not many truly impervious squads.
    Edited by dpencil1 on November 9, 2018 3:49AM
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t want to roflstomp people who can’t even figure out how to weave or stun break. MMR has a place, it just needs a revision.

As for premades v pugs? Yeah that needs to go. We’ve made so many suggestions here on how to do it.