Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Y'all need to stop kicking us out of dungeons nano-seconds after the group disbands.

milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
It's kind of impossible to get some of these quests turned in before the timer counts down if your group disbands the moment you're done.

Fix it.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just say right before the death of the boss "dont leave pls on quest" works every time
    at a place nobody knows
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just say right before the death of the boss "dont leave pls on quest" works every time
    I wish I had your mojo. It's failed almost every time for me. :(
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it is annoying when everyone bails on you but I also agree that sitting there for the 1,000th time is annoying too.

If only one person is left, it should give you at least a 60-90 second timer. I think ZOS kills the instance to save server power, but 60 seconds shouldn't hurt anything.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, people do that because it's the easiest way to leave the dungeon... you land exactly where you started.

IF ZOS added a popup that asked "Task completed: wan't to go back?", like at the start of the dungeon then more people probably would be inclined to not leave the group immediately and wait for a bit until the rest of the people finishes things.

OTOH, in any group I've been I always ask at the start "Someone doing the quest?" and if yes, I always wait and ask at the end if they're done, before leaving.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works 90% of the time. If run was horrible, people leaves group at once. Horrible as in drama.
    If you carry an horrible group trout hell they stay.

But you can do your part leave trough entrance or port to guildmate.
    Edited by zaria on November 11, 2018 1:57AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is annoying when everyone bails on you but I also agree that sitting there for the 1,000th time is annoying too.

If only one person is left, it should give you at least a 60-90 second timer. I think ZOS kills the instance to save server power, but 60 seconds shouldn't hurt anything.

It may be your 1000th time in that dungeon, but often it's someone's first. If you see them talking to the quest NPC, don't be a putz. I always ask 2 things before I leave "is anyone looking for gear/quest?"

It's not hard to be courteous.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You dont have to stay there for the 1000th time. Port out and continue on your way. Just dont drop group immediately. Give people a couple of minutes to hand in. Likely be done by the time you exit your load screen.

He isnt asking that much.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're booted, you can just travel back into a new instance, solo and hand in the quests.

Should be a little bit of a longer timer in general though.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Tell the group you have the quest.
    2. Look up the definition of nanosecond.
    3. Groupeplay ain't working if everyone thinks the other should only care about him.
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    If I am doing quest I usually announce it as we start. Never a problem if I do that
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

leeux wrote: »
    IMHO, people do that because it's the easiest way to leave the dungeon... you land exactly where you started.

IF ZOS added a popup that asked "Task completed: wan't to go back?", like at the start of the dungeon then more people probably would be inclined to not leave the group immediately and wait for a bit until the rest of the people finishes things.

OTOH, in any group I've been I always ask at the start "Someone doing the quest?" and if yes, I always wait and ask at the end if they're done, before leaving.
    @goldenflameslinger You can stay grouped and still exit the dungeon. @leeux Also, walking out the front door will still land you back where you ported in from.

You can totally leave the instance without immediately leaving the group.

You can remain in group, turn in your quests/pledge, sell/decon/bank items while in a completely different zone, while still grouped, and that will give the ones who stay behind plenty of time to finish off what they need to. Heck, even the load screen travel time you're guaranteed to get can be enough to let them turn in and grab any readables, etc from the last area.

The only delay you'll get from remaining in group is if you intend to turn around and requeue. And even then, we're talking, what, 30-60 seconds, vs the other guy's required additional full clear?

You get longer for a ready-check than you do exiting the dungeon. It's exactly zero server strain for the remaining person to remain in a likely-fully-cleared instance, so added time or eliminated time before 'kick' would not hurt anything.

FWIW, if you mention the quest upfront, most groups will accommodate this. If they'd fix the code, they wouldn't have to.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, people do that because it's the easiest way to leave the dungeon... you land exactly where you started. <...>
    @leeux Also, walking out the front door will still land you back where you ported in from. <...>

You sure? Really really sure? Hmm... OK, I believe you, no worries... It's just I'm absolutely sure that I've done that in the past only to land just outside the entrance of the dungeon... in several dungeons.

Perhaps that's only valid for group finder activities? I'm not one that does much group finder activities at all so that mechanic could have escaped me in all these years... I group-find when I'm absolutely forced by the circumstances (read: we're in a group of three and can't find other guildie to torture ehrm... I mean, invite :smiley: )

Or is it something that was changed? I confess that I haven't tried to exit a dungeon like that since ages, yeah... so it definitely could be something that was changed.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leeux there was a timeframe, where you would walk out the dungeon and you emerged in front of the actual dungeon, but they changed it, so if you leave the dungeon in any way, you'll be brought back to where you came from.
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, people do that because it's the easiest way to leave the dungeon... you land exactly where you started. <...>
    @leeux Also, walking out the front door will still land you back where you ported in from. <...>

You sure? Really really sure? Hmm... OK, I believe you, no worries... It's just I'm absolutely sure that I've done that in the past only to land just outside the entrance of the dungeon... in several dungeons.

Perhaps that's only valid for group finder activities? I'm not one that does much group finder activities at all so that mechanic could have escaped me in all these years... I group-find when I'm absolutely forced by the circumstances (read: we're in a group of three and can't find other guildie to torture ehrm... I mean, invite :smiley: )

Or is it something that was changed? I confess that I haven't tried to exit a dungeon like that since ages, yeah... so it definitely could be something that was changed.
    @leeux, it used to be that way. Ironically, there's been occasion that I've wanted to set foot outside and instead the updated mechanic kicked in. Some dungeons (Pre-1T) I literally had never seen what the entrance looked like.

Finder or no, it will take you back where you were when you entered. It's been that way for quite some time and can save you some wayshrine fees or travel-to guidies followed by retracing your steps.

The only time it will put you at the front door is if that's the way you entered the instance.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS