Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How are you handling bank/bag space?

lypheb16_ESO
I'm level 17 and have bought as many extra bank and bag tabs as I can ... but I'm full. Super full. I collect foods and mats for later leveling, but man ... I'm screwed for room. Thought I could start a bank toon and mail provisions to myself at least, but nope - can't mail to yourself.

Anyone with some suggestions? Am I missing anything easy?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found that I don't need to hold on to faction-specific food items for food outside of my faction. Meaning, my AD character doesn't keep capon meat. There's enough around for any alts to pick it up separately.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spend hours every day logging from one alt to another so I can make room in the shared bank for the items I need to put in there to share with my alts.

What I wouldn't pay for individual banks right now ;)
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The other day I went and made an Argonian character named Mules-My-Maps. This character was meant primarily to hold my Collector's Edition treasure maps (hence the name) since there's so many of them and I didn't want to use up all that bank space. However, she will also be a general-purpose mule should I feel the need (and I'm pretty close to feeling that need given the current status of my bank).
  • Empty_Emotions
    I've found the biggest consumers for bag space are crafting materials and items you want to research. What I did is have one alt who holds all jewels and tempers, one alt that holds armor and weapons for research and one alt that holds just enchanting stuff. I keep foodstuffs, basic crafting items and alchemy reagents in my bank and I still have quite a bit of space.

• Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    You bought bank tabs?
    Risky.

Alts is the only possible solutions. I have 3 mostly dedicated to their specific armor lines and with separate weapon proficiencies one of which is my main.
    And a general mule-alt.

Crafting something has simply become a very big pain in the posterior.
    ANTI-> <3
    :(
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horses can carry some stuff for you as well, I believe
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    Horses can carry some stuff for you as well, I believe

only if you've fed it oats (I believe) for 50 days, then you'll have 50 extra slots ..and then only if it is your active horse.

My bank mule is training a pack horse. I think they're useless for anyone else.

Edited by Greydog on April 6, 2014 11:30PM
    Sanguine's Disciple

• seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't fed mine yet, so didn't know what the rate of growth was. Wow, that does suck.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greydog wrote: »
    I spend hours every day logging from one alt to another so I can make room in the shared bank for the items I need to put in there to share with my alts.

What I wouldn't pay for individual banks right now ;)

I spend probably 20mins+ every time I go back to town, moving items in and out of the bank across my alts.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I use mules like the Diablo 2 days.

One for each crafting profession, another for misc items (like the giant pile of exploration maps that take up a slot each).
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    how many times a day?

4 times at a half hour a piece is still 2 hours.
    Sanguine's Disciple

• LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    I just keep the style, trait and raw materials, excluding provisioning, alchemy and enchanting, in the bank. The toons that do the latter three just carry the materials on them. They have plenty of bag space left. I use the bank for passing those three materials. Any other toons with them just dump them in the bank then those toons clear it when the bank starts getting full. I see no reason to keep armor, you level too fast. I start research with whatever I have and once I have everyone going I deconstruct the rest. I get enough to keep the research going. Well, woodworking is a bit hard since so few items, but blacksmithing and cloth is easy to keep going.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other day I went and made an Argonian character named Mules-My-Maps. This character was meant primarily to hold my Collector's Edition treasure maps (hence the name) since there's so many of them and I didn't want to use up all that bank space. However, she will also be a general-purpose mule should I feel the need (and I'm pretty close to feeling that need given the current status of my bank).

That you picked an Argonian for that is so typical! Poor creatures never get away from slavery :(

@‌ topic

I tend to cook instantly and also fish a lot to use those materials. Researching usually happens twice a day in the morning and evening. Besides that, I only play one char so that my bank space is only for this one.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    how many times a day?

Every time my inventory is full so hmm, every 1-2hrs depending on what I'm doing.
  • lypheb16_ESO
    How are you guys transferring items "to" your alts? I tried mailing items to myself and it wouldn't let me.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Via shared bank.
    Sanguine's Disciple

• Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, for inventory space I think the largest thing that has helped me out is I stop picking up provisioning mats that I'm not using to level, and that I've already used. So.. once I moved on from thin broth, to broth.. I got rid of thin broth and I don't pick it up anymore. The same goes for all the other provisioning mats. If it's a mat that I haven't seen before, or haven't used yet.. I keep it though.

I made two alts. One I use to hold provisioning mats I don't have recipes for yet, and one to hold essence runes, and runes I don't have the level to use yet. You can get items to alts by having them access your bank. So deposit on one character, withdraw on the other. Aside from the initial transfer.. I usually only have to do the relogging thing at the end of the night so I'm clear to just run off the next day.

Edited to add: I also hear of people having an alt strictly to hold maps and whatnot. My CE edition maps are still in their chests for the most part (the Daggerfall ones aren't, but I'm in that area so I've been using them), so I don't do that, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Edited by Lalai on April 7, 2014 12:11AM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • lypheb16_ESO
    Via shared bank.
    You mean a guild bank I assume? Or is there a way of linking banks with alts that I missed?

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Via shared bank.
    You mean a guild bank I assume? Or is there a way of linking banks with alts that I missed?

Your bank is shared between all characters.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    I thought about making an character named Crafts my Stuff, and just making him a crafter/mule. period.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Seraseth wrote: »
    how many times a day?

Every time my inventory is full so hmm, every 1-2hrs depending on what I'm doing.

If you are picking flowers it doesn't even take that long. A good half hour of running around and I have more flowers than FTD on Valentines Day.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • HardyHero
    HardyHero
    Here a "workaround"...

1- create a guild (guilds with 10 players have a guild store bank)
    2 - create more 7 chars
    3 - ask to a friend create 1 more
    4 - invite all 10 chars (8 yours and 2 from your friend) to guild
    5 - now you have 500 more slots shared

:)

ps.: I have not tested it yet
    Be a person of whom the world is not worthy.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guilds are account wide, so need 10 different accounts.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    You may need to concentrate on less crafting professions... I only do provisioning and clothing and I haven't had a problem yet (L12 and no bank/inventory upgrades).

Also, with provisioning, there are many recipes with different ingredients that in the end produce the same effect. Perhaps you can restrict yourself to one type? (so you choose goat, not capon, for example).

Also, for general inventory management, keep the stuff you pick up all the time in your active character inventory (provisioning, raw mats) and everything else in your bank. That way you're not taking 2 slots by storing thin broth in your inventory and in your bank.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • lypheb16_ESO
    Via shared bank.

Your bank is shared between all characters.
    AH ... didn't know that. great and ty!
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    Hadn't fed mine yet, so didn't know what the rate of growth was. Wow, that does suck.

I haven't ridden mine yet. In fact, I haven't even bought it ... Imperial edition.

Edit: Item management is a pain. I'm okay with character slots, but I think the bank vault should be increased to 100 (since I have to share it with 8 chars) with the option to increase it by 25 2x.

Edited by MaxBat on April 7, 2014 1:20AM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...