Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to reset security question?

Ktosislav
Ktosislav
Soul Shriven
Hello!
The case is simple: I would like to change some things on my account such as my old user ID and password (which is pretty outdated), but the problem is: I created it a long time ago, and I don't remember the answer to the security question. I tried looking up how to reset it on ESO support page, but it didn't even let me create a ticket, and instead suggested going through "account recovery"... Which needs me to answer my security question. Is there a way to solve this other than super frustrating support that doesn't even let me submit a ticket?

Best Answer

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @erliesc

On the account recovery page, you can choose the option "I can't login." This option should then prompt you to enter your account information to help with recovering your secret question information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Been there and seen that. At some point "they" asked a security question...but I wasn't there. Now they want me to answer a question I was never asked. I almost always keep a record of this kind of stuff.

Had the same issues when trying to submit a ticket...a lot of "runaround". "They" haven't figured out that this is going on yet. I solved my issues and hope I never need support again...I'll be SOL if I do.
    I know nutting....
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ktosislav

If you are unable to answer your secret question, you should contact Customer Support by using this form and select the issue, "No longer have access / can't remember email on account." This will prompt you to provide all the information our support agents will need to assist you.
    Staff Post
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Ktosislav

If you are unable to answer your secret question, you should contact Customer Support by using this form and select the issue, "No longer have access / can't remember email on account." This will prompt you to provide all the information our support agents will need to assist you.

I see only 3 options...that exact option isn't there. I think I already tried one of the available options and got just about nowhere. Not being obstinate and understand the need for security...but if it goes nowhere...you stop trying.
    I know nutting....
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Have managed to change my secret question and can login...but can't request support....through a browser.

What I've figured out so far:

* want to request support...do it from within the game.

* want to buy some crowns...do it through your browser.

Seems there are different servers/systems and they don't talk?
    I know nutting....
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @erliesc

Submitting a support ticket either way is going through the same system.

What exactly happens when you try starting a support ticket through the help portal in your browser?

If you've not done so, try a different browser to make sure the browser is not causing the issue.
    Staff Post