Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How and where can i sign up for newsletter?

Medhir
Medhir
✭✭
I searched and searched and searched for the answer for my question and i have only found this short and possibly long time outdated support article:
IS THERE A NEWSLETTER I CAN SIGN UP FOR?
While we don't have a newsletter, we share all of the latest news on our social channels: Facebook, Twitter, Google+. You can also check the newsfeed here on our website for quick access to past announcements or use the "Sign Up for ESO News!" button on the front page of our website to receive an e-mail each time we publish news and announcements.

I might be totally blind and everything and please correct me if im wrong but i cant find any button anywhere.

And then this is the other support article i have found on the subject:
HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ESO E-MAILS?
To stop receiving e-mail about The Elder Scrolls Online, follow these steps:
Log onto the account page and sign in
Under the Account Summary side bar, click Email Preferences
Uncheck the box that says "Sign up to receive news and special offer emails from Elderscrollsonline.com"
Hit Save
To resubscribe to e-mails from ESO at any time, simply re-check the box and hit Save again.

So i went to see the "MARKETING PREFERENCES" section (the article states the section name uncorrectly) under "My Account" page and for my surprise i have both of these boxes checked:
SEE MORE RELEVANT ZENIMAX ADS ON OTHER SITES BY SHARING MY EMAIL ADDRESS. SEE PRIVACY POLICY FOR MORE DETAILS.

Regardless my settings are correct still i havent recieved any newsletters since Oct 27, 2017.

I know its a uncommon request and usually other people want to get rid of mails of this kind but I always end up missing out on content because i dont recieve my weekly/monthly junk errr news :wink:

Thanks in advance!

Edit 1: And yes, i checked my e-mail settings too, i dont have any junk filters of any kind activated so i should recieve all kinds of mails without problems.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 12, 2022 6:21PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure on this one, I get them occasionally and assumed it was because I had the boxes ticked in the ESO accounts page.
    Have you got a Bethesda.net account with marketing enabled as well?

Although most effective way to keep up with news is to have the news page as an additional home tab on your browser.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Medhir
    Medhir
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Not sure on this one, I get them occasionally and assumed it was because I had the boxes ticked in the ESO accounts page.
    Have you got a Bethesda.net account with marketing enabled as well?

Although most effective way to keep up with news is to have the news page as an additional home tab on your browser.

Yes, my Bethesda settings look like this:

I would like to receive news about new events and promotions Yes

I would like to see more relevant ZeniMax ads on other sites by sharing my email address
    See Privacy Policy for more details. Yes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I had an issue where I was missing some in the past, I missed out on some ESO/Legends stuff due to it.

As silly as it sounds, have you tried turning them off, saving the settings and then turning them back on again? I think that's what I did eventually and now I get them from time to time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Medhir
    Medhir
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I know I had an issue where I was missing some in the past, I missed out on some ESO/Legends stuff due to it.

As silly as it sounds, have you tried turning them off, saving the settings and then turning them back on again? I think that's what I did eventually and now I get them from time to time.

Yep, done about 5-6 weeks ago.
  • Medhir
    Medhir
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno May i ask for some professional help here pls? Thanks in advance :wink:
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Medhir

If you are still not receiving the newsletter and other promotional emails from ESO, please make sure you've checked the following:
    • Check your email account's spam folder.
    • Add noreply@mail.elderscrollsonline.com and noreply@elderscrollsonline.com to the email account's allow list to avoid having it automatically deleted or moved to a spam folder.
    • If your email address is from a Gmail account, check the Social and Promotion folders.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Medhir
    Medhir
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Thanks for the answer!

Yeah all is checked and double checked and triple checked and rechecked just in case as explained above. And yeah its Gmail and i have no filters with rules to auto delete mails or whatsoever nor i have blocked addresses.

I receive all other mails just fine from noreply@mail.elderscrollsonline.com and noreply@elderscrollsonline.com except newsletters and promotional emails.

I even got a mail just a few mins ago from the forums regarding your reply to this question and also earlier today a Code Redemption mail notifying me about a nice and crispy Ouroboros Crown Crate inside.

So, whats next?

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Medhir

We've sent you a message to follow-up on your issue receiving our promotional emails.
    Staff Post
  • Medhir
    Medhir
    ✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_BillE,

Lets hope for the best, fingers crossed ;)
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue. The last newsletter I got was on September 6, 2018. They're not ending up in spam, I'm simply not getting any at all. I didn't even realize Murkmire was released until I happened to see the news on Facebook.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Oldbushie

Please check your inbox for a message regarding not receiving the newsletter.
    Staff Post
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    (edited out my reply, I will submit a ticket if issue persists, please ignore this)
    Edited by StormBlade512 on December 10, 2022 12:43AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now over four years old, we are going to close it from any further comments.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.