Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

YOU ARE NOW IN LINE - There are more than 100 users in line in front of you

waazup
waazup
✭✭
"YOU ARE NOW IN LINE

You are in line for Queue. When it is your turn, you have 20 minutes to enter the site
What is this?
There are more than 100 users in line in front of you"

This is the message I recieved when I tried to access MY Account page!

You have got to be bloody kidding!

It hasn't taken Zen long to catch up with Blizzard has it?
  • megatrondelux1b14_ESO2
    megatrondelux1b14_ESO2
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. WTF!!! I have to wait a hour and a half to access my account?!?
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Says my login info is incorrect, can't access the site until an hour from now.

I can deal, new mmos have this stuff happen. Still, every single step of the way on every single issue the company is caught completely unprepared.
  • waazup
    waazup
    ✭✭
    Akuza, your login still works, they guys don't have the balls to tell you to go and give them your credit card details, and pay in whichever of the 3 available currencies they choose (obviously the most expensive) then, WoW (oops) your password will work, and you can use your FREE (read prepaid) 30 days. Hows that? Great customer service.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    waazup wrote: »
    Akuza, your login still works, they guys don't have the balls to tell you to go and give them your credit card details, and pay in whichever of the 3 available currencies they choose (obviously the most expensive) then, WoW (oops) your password will work, and you can use your FREE (read prepaid) 30 days. Hows that? Great customer service.

Yep. Although in their defense, I don't think they are trying to mislead anyone. Like so many other things, it's just another oversight.

The pre-paid thing is total bs though, I agree. I have no idea why they don't pre-auth with a dollar like every other company.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    I really dont like that I have to sign up for a payment plan to get my free (lol) 30 days.
  • lolage
    lolage
    I can deal with bugged quests but rollbacks and terrible customer service doesn't inspire me with confidence in zenimax. I love this game, but there seriously needs to be community interaction on the level of developers posting on forums, community representatives being well informed as to what is happening, proper announcements both in game and on forums of downtime or patches.

And a queue for a website? really? it's almost insulting, why not invest in proper hardware/bandwidth rather than gimping yourselves? You had literally a full week to notify customers that this queue system was in place, yet not a peep.

The game is great, the service is terrible.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houston, we have queues. The pros called it before early access launch.

I recall several posters from the old ESO forum on the bethsoft site saying it would only take 30 seconds to fill out ESO account information. Nubs.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    7:20 am Sunday morning and there is a 50 min queue to view my account. I am surprised, I have sat on hold for tech support before but never to update or view a web site account.
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    Actually, if you stay in there, the account queue pushes you through pretty fast. I've gone from an hour to 30 minutes, 30 to 20 to 11 to 2 to access all in about 20 minutes.

I'm assuming it's because a lot of people are leaving the queue.
  • lolage
    lolage
    The point is there shouldn't be a queue to view a website. This is 2014 and zenimax has more than enough money to have suitable hosting, hardware, load-balancing and admins in place. Just reeks of cutting corners or something.
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine this is a spike and the load there isn't ever nearly this high generally.

Cas
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took me 2 minutes to get through the queue. And I prefer being in a time queue to getting a "site too busy, check later" page. That would have REALLY annoyed me.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________