Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

Undaunted Dailies, what do you do with the rewards chest loot you don't use?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭
I just started running the normal dungeon dailies and getting a lot of purple gear I won't use from the chests. (No luck at Ilambris Shoulders yet sigh). Does everyone decon what they don't need? Or save for maybe later if you decide to change roles?

Seems a shame to Decon but they just take up space.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    I just started running the normal dungeon dailies and getting a lot of purple gear I won't use from the chests. (No luck at Ilambris Shoulders yet sigh). Does everyone decon what they don't need? Or save for maybe later if you decide to change roles?

I have an alt that holds about 100 shoulders and helms. For a rainy day
    vFG1 HM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭
    I decon for materials, and usually sell materials. In the long run, I get more than the 73 gold I'd get from the vendor. And keeping them all just gives me the impression I'm hoarding.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are sites like Tamriel Foundry and alcast that list the sets commonly used for meta builds that include monster set gear. I try to keep those in case I run a new character in the future that could use them. All others I decon.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything with a decent trait + compatible armour weight go into a 60 slot storage box in my in-game home.
    That way I can always get to them easily on any character, and I don't have to fill my inventory with excessive stuff.
    The rest in rubbish traits / weight just get deconned for mats.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Anything with a decent trait + compatible armour weight go into a 60 slot storage box in my in-game home.
    That way I can always get to them easily on any character, and I don't have to fill my inventory with excessive stuff.
    The rest in rubbish traits / weight just get deconned for mats.

Oh good idea about the storage box. I haven't really gotten into the housing stuff yet but do have one or two houses. Just hadn't thought about the storage box option.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you level a new character, you are rewarded at some stage with a 30 Slot Storage Box for free.
    Unfortunately I don't remember the exact level, possibly 20ish.

The 60 Slot ones are available for Writ Tokens or Tel Var IIRC :)

These boxes can be placed in each of your homes, and will each contain the exact same items regardless of where you access them from.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sets that are good, i tend to keep, in all weights, light, medium and heavy, i have 2 boxes, 1 holds masks other shoulders.

The rest sold to vendor or broken for mats.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

1918 - 2018 100yrs We Will Rememberthem
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep a heavy/ med helm of good sets. Keep a light/med shoulder of good sets. All other sets/items are deconed.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX1X
    External SSD USB 3.1(Samsung T5)

#NightmareBear
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does everyone decon what they don't need? Or save

oh my ... this thread lol.
    i remember the days way back when craglorn launched, the Bosses droped too many purple items.
    it was reported and they patched a hot fix because every single drop from those bosses was a purple item LOL

they waited untill a monday to hot fix it, but untill then there was MAssive ammounts of people killing those bosses. people were leveling up alts to MAX in just a few hours because all you needed was 1 hit on the boss to get full credit and those bosses were dead in like 2 seconds because was soo many people there looking for purple mats lol

and here we are years later in a thread saying he thinks it a shame to decon just to take up space lol.

we have come a long way from the days of old eso.

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭
    Does everyone decon what they don't need? Or save

oh my ... this thread lol.
    i remember the days way back when craglorn launched, the Bosses droped too many purple items.
    it was reported and they patched a hot fix because every single drop from those bosses was a purple item LOL

they waited untill a monday to hot fix it, but untill then there was MAssive ammounts of people killing those bosses. people were leveling up alts to MAX in just a few hours because all you needed was 1 hit on the boss to get full credit and those bosses were dead in like 2 seconds because was soo many people there looking for purple mats lol

and here we are years later in a thread saying he thinks it a shame to decon just to take up space lol.

we have come a long way from the days of old eso.

Ok Grandpa.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep one of each in the desired weight, easy enough to transmute now so that's really all i need.

The rest i sell since i'm already 50/50 in all crafts on all my characters and have more mats that i could ever use, so decon makes no sense for me.
    :smile:

Edited by SirAndy on November 9, 2018 11:14PM
    The Sidekick Order:
    The Naked Nords | The Cannon Fodder of Tamriel | The Mercenaries without Skills | The League of formidable Crafters
    The Psijic Order - 0.016% | Elder Moot | Lone Wolf Help | Great House Hlaalu
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two and half alts and two storage crates filled with stuff I'd never use now, but might want to in the future... *sigh*

EDIT: And yeah, I still decon repeated ones, and pieces in bad traits when I already have the best traits for them around. I also decon nonsensical weapons and most helms/shoulders for normal sets too.
    Edited by leeux on November 9, 2018 11:28PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (EP mSorc L50+) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (DC mDK L50+)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>