Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cost of crafting materials....

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
Materials cost for furniture crafting can be from 100% to around 700% more than they were BEFORE the Summerset mansion appeared. I'm talking the materials essential for furniture.

Most of the time people are still asking MORE than the avg cost...STILL! Enough already.... B)

Think of all the poor crafters struggling to make a living...be nice...lower your prices.
I know nutting....
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory jerk response - "Spend less time building and more time farming!"

But seriously, it's a whole supply and demand thing. Unfortunately the prices might be making it unaffordable for you to craft furniture, but someone out there is still buying the stuff at those prices or the market would correct itself. Give it time, and you should see the prices stabilize a bit. I maintain a pretty good supply of mats by getting out in the world and just being diligent about harvesting every node I walk by. It's time consuming, and at times tedious, but I don't have to spend tons of gold restocking all the time either.

Best of luck, I sympathize.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lower the prices, so I can craft furniture and sell it for whatever *I* think is a profitable price!!!11
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    Lower the prices, so I can craft furniture and sell it for whatever *I* think is a profitable price!!!11

I think you've got it old man! (clipped british accent)

Actually I'm reducing my game gold by buying overpriced patterns...say some around 50K...then selling finished stuff for a 1K profit. So I need to sell 50 of this to get even with my costs? Not in this game's lifetime....
    I know nutting....
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe my reply sounded a bit too harsh... sorry about that. :)
    But you have to admit that you were asking for this kind of rection. It's a free market. Farming material takes a lot of time and is boring as [removed profanity], making money by selling raw material has to be the slowest way of generting cash ever. So...
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on October 31, 2018 10:20PM
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day I’ll logon again and maybe I’ll send the mats. Who cares anymore.

But that’s an efficient market at work. The buyers are the ones setting the prices. Not the sellers. Think about that.

I have a number of shovels if you need one.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    As they say...what goes around comes around? I pay the higher prices for the mats..and I've done a major amount of farming over 3 years...my favorite activity.

Higher mat prices means I sell at higher prices. Do see a minor trend of the prices leveling out some...just started though.

I think there might be a dearth of lower level players...espec those learning crafting?

But I woke up after 3 yrs with major game gold from farming and selling...and an older gaming box. I won't be quitting the game...just trying to do something different while I can still run it.

Instead of feeling like I'm never getting ahead of the endless wave of delves and this and that...I've opened 5 higher level furniture/weapon stores....Mike..a purveyor of fine furniture and lethal weapons..we don't lie too much!

By the end of this year I'll probably just play this game now and then....in theory at least.

Edited by erliesc on November 1, 2018 8:49PM
    I know nutting....
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time people are still asking MORE than the avg cost...STILL!

I think you'll discover that's because of the way average is calculated.

Only in Lake Woebegone are all the children above average.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Most of the time people are still asking MORE than the avg cost...STILL!

I think you'll discover that's because of the way average is calculated.

Only in Lake Woebegone are all the children above average.

MM shows a weighted moving average...people are still in many cases asking above avg prices for some stuff. If this continues the prices wll NEVER top out. A factual reality.

Some have found a gold mine...they have gold fever. Probably more mining going on that you'd want to know about?

PROOF? A few essentiails needed for furniture are selling at very high prices...while the mats that have to be harvested to find said essentials are dropping in price...hard to sell them

Eventually even dummies like me will stop paying the high prices...of course I just won 500K in a guild lottery...so maybe not...
    Edited by erliesc on November 5, 2018 12:33AM
    I know nutting....
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget that Leather is the only material where the nodes fight back when you try to harvest them!
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    Materials cost for furniture crafting can be from 100% to around 700% more than they were BEFORE the Summerset mansion appeared. I'm talking the materials essential for furniture.

Most of the time people are still asking MORE than the avg cost...STILL! Enough already.... B)

Think of all the poor crafters struggling to make a living...be nice...lower your prices.

Best thing that ever happened to me. I made 2 to 3 million just emptying my craft bag