The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character transfer - XBOX NA console to PC

Enigmatic
Enigmatic
✭✭✭
I love this game and have put a huge amount of time, effort and money into playing it on XBOX. I've got 8 chars, most at max level. I'm 501+ CP. I've got my crafting research up to 8 trait on clothing and blacksmithing and maxed out on woodwork. I'm working on my 9th trait.

Like I say, I love this game and want to continue playing it but it just isn't feasible on XBOX and I really don't want to walk away from the game and lose the investment.

Sadly, with the issues that remain ongoing on XBOX following the recent patch, I'm finding it harder and harder to play as the issues break the game and destroy any fun and enjoyment it has provided previously. My play time now has dwindled to just feeding horses and doing writs.

Even then, the amount of time spent doing writs is longer than ever because of the continued crashes to dashboard and load screens so writs feel more of a chore than something that is worth doing. Even just trying to do crafting surveys results in being attacked by invisible NPC, long load screens and crashes to dashboard.

I've already cancelled my ESO+ subscription and will not be interested investing in future DLC if the issues currently plaguing the game continue to exist.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom - Given the state of the game on XBOX, would it be at all possible to organise character transfers to allow the transfer of the time invested in the game on XBOX to PC.

If this is not possible, what plans and timeframes are there for the game to be properly fixed on XBOX so console users at least have some visibility of what is going to happen?
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be asking microsft. It's up to them. You leave console, they loose a costumer.
  • Buff_Swollchest
    You should be asking microsft. It's up to them. You leave console, they loose a costumer.

Doesn't Microsoft own Windows?
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I don't think they benefit financially if you play on PC as they do with XB1 .....
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭

I honestly don't understand the logic here.

1. Why is the response to in game issues within ESO to always place the blame on Microsoft? There is no issue with the base XBOX OS, or XBOX Live - the issues being experienced in ESO are game related and within the remit of ZOS to fix

2. How are Microsoft losing a customer? I still have my XBOX, I still subscribe to XBOX Live and I wish to play it on PC using a Microsoft OS. At no point will I be leaving to use another platform. With Microsoft's move to Play Anywhere it actually supports the position of having my chars on PC and XBOX so I can "Play Anywhere" or in this case - play where there is a functioning game
    Edited by Enigmatic on July 14, 2016 4:53AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was already stated it was a PC to Xbox one only option ...and it wouldn't be offered again. This works both ways.

It's not even logical to offer it when you now can buy the whole game and all DLC for $59
    ZOS is in it for a cash grab, so offering stuff that removes crown purchases again is against what they're promoting. I'd say just stay, or stop playing and check back later for better options.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 14, 2016 12:06PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if they let me transfer back to PC, I'd sub again, so they'd have that. :smiley:

I do agree that the likelihood of it happening is slim to none, but I'd really like to switch back without losing all my progress. I'd pay them the $60 to switch back, so they'd still get their $60, plus a returning ESO+ member. One can still dream...
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean to perform vile necromancy here...but I would like to see if this has been considered recently? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I know myself and others would be willing to pay a hefty fee for the ability to migrate all of our characters to PC. I've been considering switching to PC, but having to start completely from scratch while leaving 1000+ hours of progress behind doesn't feel too good :/