The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What are some of the best addons at this date and time?

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
So right now, I'm looking for more addons to use in eso.
What are some of the best or addons worthy of mention that are out there at this time.
and is minion the best addon manager?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    is minion the best addon manager?

Are there others? Honestly asking, Minion doesn't work great for me for some odd reason. It takes ages to get a Minion window to actually stay up.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Nocturne Saint
    Nocturne Saint
    ✭✭✭
    Minion works great for me as well, but i was wondering if there are some good ESO addons that minion does not carry currently, thought there might have been another addon manager that had great addons that minion did not have.
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    So right now, I'm looking for more addons to use in eso.
    What are some of the best or addons worthy of mention that are out there at this time.
    and is minion the best addon manager?

What problem are you trying to solve?

If you don't have a specific problem, my answer is: there are no addons that you should install, because you have no problem they could solve.

When you find something you would like to be easier, faster, smarter, or better, come back and ask about an addon that might help with that.
  • Nocturne Saint
    Nocturne Saint
    ✭✭✭
    I'll clear this up, I don't have any issues what so ever, was just wondering.

trying to find out what are some good addons for this point in time.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll clear this up, I don't have any issues what so ever, was just wondering.

trying to find out what are some good addons for this point in time.

If you can give a list about the things you want to improve in your UI, then we can make suggestions :)
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy the features added by LUI, and that's really the only complete UI overhaul I've ever needed.

If you want some niche addons, you can try out one of mine (linked in signature). The group manager will probably be the most useful to the average player.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are loads:
    No accidental stealing
    Destinations
    Map pins
    Trait buddy (if you craft)
    Lazy writ writer
    Srendarr
    Awesome guild store
    Master merchant
    Advanced filters
    Ttc
    And more
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minion works great for me as well, but i was wondering if there are some good ESO addons that minion does not carry currently, thought there might have been another addon manager that had great addons that minion did not have.

There's a few other addon managers: Curse, and NexusMods are the ones I know of. For the most part, the addons on them are outdated, and there probably aren't many on them that aren't on Minion, and those that are have a high chance of no longer working. You aren't missing anything if you don't use them, since esoui (and minion) are really the only active ones.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭

If you don't have a specific problem, my answer is: there are no addons that you should install, because you have no problem they could solve.

except that you don't know, what you don't know. i.e. i didnt realise that a minimap was possible, until i began exploring add-ons and found that actually that was a problem with a solution, i didn't know i had.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just check the website www.esoui.com.
    There are several hundred addons (which Minion shows as well, but the website can be searched and read better than Minion imo).

You can even see "the hottest" addons:
    https://www.esoui.com/addons.php

Or search for them with more details:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/search.php?
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭

except that you don't know, what you don't know. i.e. i didnt realise that a minimap was possible, until i began exploring add-ons and found that actually that was a problem with a solution, i didn't know i had.

So true! I try to browse addons every couple of weeks to see what's new just to know more than I used to know. =P

As far as what's the best or not, it really does depend on your needs. For me, I love for my ui to be as invisible as possible unless I'm in combat or need something show, so many of my addons are focused on UI alteration. Some I really love are Chat Window Manager, Combat Reticle, Foundry Tactical Combat (FTC), Hide Some Things, No Compass, and Yet Another Compass.

I also love decorating housing, so Essential Housing Tools is a must have!

I'm a pretty heavy pvp'er and absolutely love Provinatus, PvP Meter (Because I need to know how bad I am at all times. lol), and Fast Ride.

I dunno. There's so many addons. Hope this helps!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭