The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Extremely slow download

MikeyRoy2013
Hey folks, I've been downloading the game for hours now, about 10 gigs left of the 22 but it still saying I'm at 17%. It should read over 50% if the 22 gigs total is correct. Anyone else having slow downloads? Will there be another download after the 22 gigs?

Thanks
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks, I've been downloading the game for hours now, about 10 gigs left of the 22 but it still saying I'm at 17%. It should read over 50% if the 22 gigs total is correct. Anyone else having slow downloads? Will there be another download after the 22 gigs?

Thanks
    Hi. Not sure why it is so slow for you. Did you try a traceroute to see if there is any problems with the route?

Also worth ensuring the OS X Firewall is switched OFF during download and that any router firewall is not blocking it in some way.

System Preferences > Secuirty & Privacy > Firewall

This is in OS X 10.9 Mavericks, It may be slightly different in other versions.

They updated the list of ports that need to be open for ESO here. Worth doing to avoid issues at launch:
    WHAT PORTS DO I NEED TO OPEN TO ACCESS THE GAME?

Updated 04/04/2014 04:43 PM Published 02/15/2013 07:46 PM

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online, players should configure their routers to open the following outbound ports:

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131

TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507

I believe the Launcher install uses other ports but I can’t find any reference for those.

Maybe worth shutting down the Mac, reboot the router and try again. Sometimes helps with downloads.