The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon enchants on consoles not fixed?

Swomp23
Swomp23
✭✭✭✭
From today's Natch Potes XBone :
Fixed several issues with Poisons and Weapon Enchantments.
All Poisons now correctly proc 20% of the time when any Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or weapon ability deals damage.
Food and Drink will now provide the correct stat bonuses if they are consumed while you have a Poison equipped.
All Weapon Enchantments now correctly proc 100% of the time when not on cooldown when any Light Attack, Heavy Attack, or weapon ability deals damage.
When Dual Wielding, casting a weapon ability can now proc the Weapon Enchantment of either weapon. The system will favor proccing a Weapon Enchantment that is not on cooldown.

Exactly the same text as PC's 4.2.5

Does it means that weapon dots will still proc enchants on console? Does it mean that even the bug where Twin Slashes ticks were proccing both enchants (fixed in pc's 4.2.6) is not fixed?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Gilliam Can we get an update on this please?
XBox One - NA
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a worry if so, in particular if we have to wait 3 months for a fix!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine that we won't receive the enchant fixes until the first incremental, which is usually 3 weeks after the patch.

That being said, I'm not even sure if they fixed dizzying swing, snipe, dark flare, etc for the console release. I'll be getting on later today to test them for myself; but if they failed to get this fix in, there really is no point in playing PvP on a dswing setup until the incremental. God bless Zenimax for putting in bare minimum effort with 100% consistency.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I imagine that we won't receive the enchant fixes until the first incremental, which is usually 3 weeks after the patch.

That being said, I'm not even sure if they fixed dizzying swing, snipe, dark flare, etc for the console release. I'll be getting on later today to test them for myself; but if they failed to get this fix in, there really is no point in playing PvP on a dswing setup until the incremental. God bless Zenimax for putting in bare minimum effort with 100% consistency.

To be fair, it might not be competly thair fault. Microsoft and Sony require a very long lead time to check games patches. Probably, when they fixed enchants on PC, patch was already sent for approval for a long time.

On the other hand, none of this would have happened if they fixed it during PTS. But since everyone and their mother was crying about sorc's shields...

All I want is a confirmation from ZOS (or someone with NASA's internet that already downloaded the whole 50Gb patch). If we have to deal with cancer for 3 months, we might as well adapt to it.
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 6, 2018 3:30PM
    XBox One - NA
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »

To be fair, it might not be competly thair fault. Microsoft and Sony require a very long lead time to check games patches. Probably, when they fixed enchants on PC, patch was already sent for approval for a long time.

On the other hand, none of this would have happened if they fixed it during PTS. But since everyone and their mother was crying about sorc's shields...

My understanding is that they can pay to expedite patches like this, but choose not to because sometimes, as @ZOS_Wrobel says, you just gotta "Let it bake".
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    If we have to deal with cancer for 3 months, we might as well adapt to it.
    PC player here: where are you pulling 3 weeks and 3 months from? The months number especially seems out of nowhere.
    Edited by Tatanko on November 6, 2018 3:59PM
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tatanko It was guessed from the time it takes to get a new major patch. I recently came back to the game and I don't know if we get a lot of incremental patches on consoles, with the approval delays and all this. But you're right, in fact I don't know. That's why I'm asking the question.

I also don't want to live what you PC players got (quoting @Oreyn_Bearclaw ), i.e. making a whole new build to roll with the flow, then being told that the changes will be reverted in 3 days.
    XBox One - NA
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    If we have to deal with cancer for 3 months, we might as well adapt to it.
    PC player here: where are you pulling 3 weeks and 3 months from? The months number especially seems out of nowhere.

Worst I remember was three months, or more, to fix hitting a load screen every 50 feet of travel or so right after Thieves Guild released. Took around three weeks for the permanent load screen in Cyrodiil when Clockwork City released.
    Edited by Number_51 on November 6, 2018 4:12PM
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info! Since i'm not embracing the cheese and neither i want to be cheesed on o:) , with that said it will be a nice vacation untill the next incremental patch, and it gives me the excuse i was looking for to play rdr2 n v76 >:)
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info! Since i'm not embracing the cheese and neither i want to be cheesed on o:) , with that said it will be a nice vacation untill the next incremental patch, and it gives me the excuse i was looking for to play rdr2 n v76 >:)

Yeah, but as a broke *** pleb, I was kinda relying on farming and selling spell strategist gear... Apparently, inferno staff still sells for 600k - 1M on PC....
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 6, 2018 4:17PM
    XBox One - NA
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All I want is a confirmation from ZOS (or someone with NASA's internet that already downloaded the whole 50Gb patch). If we have to deal with cancer for 3 months, we might as well adapt to it.

Well, no, other games can manage timely hotfixes, I'm assuming that there is an additional cost for fast pathing a hot fix that ZOS don't want to pay.

On PS4, DE say Warframe is in cert, usually within a week I'm playing the new update so that is a time-frame I should reasonably expect.

ZOS seems to be the only company I know of that consistently does not hotfix.
    EU PS4
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zos_ginabruno can we get an answer for this please..I'm hoping that the notes are just a copy and paste and its been over looked but has been fixed for console
    Edited by Syiccal on November 6, 2018 4:44PM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, no, other games can manage timely hotfixes, I'm assuming that there is an additional cost for fast pathing a hot fix that ZOS don't want to pay.

On PS4, DE say Warframe is in cert, usually within a week I'm playing the new update so that is a time-frame I should reasonably expect.

ZOS seems to be the only company I know of that consistently does not hotfix.

There is a cost to it and we know that ZO$ will not go for it, unless it's the Crown Store of course, then take the whole damn down.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are always behind in patches
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sony and Microsoft are big businesses, you can shorten certification process by paying a premium, if these bugs get through then guess what..,

• Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »

Sony and Microsoft are big businesses, you can shorten certification process by paying a premium, if these bugs get through then guess what..,

I agree. My point is that the goal of this thread is not to throw rocks at anyone. All I ask is an honest and quick answer about if the changes have been implemented to console but there's an error in the patch notes, or if not, when can we expect them to be fixed.
    XBox One - NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    So, there are two issues that you may be referring to. The fix from PC v4.2.6 with Dual Wielding is in today's console patch, but the changes to some weapon abilities no longer triggering Enchantments will be in the next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, there are two issues that you may be referring to. The fix from PC v4.2.6 with Dual Wielding is in today's console patch, but the changes to some weapon abilities no longer triggering Enchantments will be in the next incremental patch.

when will this be please
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

First, thank you for your answer.

Second, as @Syiccal kindly asked, can we get a rough ETA?
    XBox One - NA
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We don't have a date set for it yet, but it'll be at least a few weeks.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

We don't have a date set for it yet, but it'll be at least a few weeks.

Thank you very much. Although I don't appreciate the news, I very much appreciate your honesty. At least we know what to expect.
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 6, 2018 6:18PM
    XBox One - NA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I would assume that everything from PC v4.2.6 is in the console patch, yes? At least a few weeks of console aproccalypse isn't great news, but at least they aren't both firing at once.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So all the fixes from the PC patch v4.2.6 should be in today's console patch and we're just waiting on the fixes from PC v4.2.7 to come later.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Translation:

Go ahead and cheese in purple but don't gold it out.

BTW, we love you Gina.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So all the fixes from the PC patch v4.2.6 should be in today's console patch and we're just waiting on the fixes from PC v4.2.7 to come later.

Not from what I can see.

"Fixed an issue where single-target cast time abilities, such as Uppercut or Dark Flare, would cancel the cast immediately if you did not keep your target within your reticle during the entire cast time."

Source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/443312/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-2-6

I don't think that's fixed for me on console. Just tested by lining up a Dizzying Swing on a target dummy, looked away mid-cast, and it canceled completely.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you double-check what's included in today's console download? If the single-target cast time abilities fix for PC from 4.2.6 isn't in there, that's a huge disappointment. Again.
    PS4NA
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

Translation:

Go ahead and cheese in purple but don't gold it out.

BTW, we love you Gina.

Lol, I'm still golding those DW Thorugs. I like my cheese grated :D
    XBox One - NA
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

Not from what I can see.

"Fixed an issue where single-target cast time abilities, such as Uppercut or Dark Flare, would cancel the cast immediately if you did not keep your target within your reticle during the entire cast time."

Source: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/443312/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-2-6

I don't think that's fixed for me on console. Just tested by lining up a Dizzying Swing on a target dummy, looked away mid-cast, and it canceled completely.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you double-check what's included in today's console download? If the single-target cast time abilities fix for PC from 4.2.6 isn't in there, that's a huge disappointment. Again.

Any news about this issue on consoles? I'm outdated...
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, enchantments are still firing on wpn ability dots like rending slash and cleave to name a few, and channelled abilities are still not working unless you keep the reticle on your target for the duration. Can confirm these were still happening on 11/27. Now are these glitches going to be addressed soon (possibly today), or will console players need wait longer to see any fix? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alrighty, fixed...thx
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    So, enchantments are still firing on wpn ability dots like rending slash and cleave to name a few, and channelled abilities are still not working unless you keep the reticle on your target for the duration. Can confirm these were still happening on 11/27. Now are these glitches going to be addressed soon (possibly today), or will console players need wait longer to see any fix? ZOS_GinaBruno

If you wait a few minutes, the Natch Potes will answer all of your questions. If you insist on interrupting Miss Gina, those Natch Potes will take longer to be published ;)
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    So, enchantments are still firing on wpn ability dots like rending slash and cleave to name a few, and channelled abilities are still not working unless you keep the reticle on your target for the duration. Can confirm these were still happening on 11/27. Now are these glitches going to be addressed soon (possibly today), or will console players need wait longer to see any fix? ZOS_GinaBruno

If you wait a few minutes, the Natch Potes will answer all of your questions. If you insist on interrupting Miss Gina, those Natch Potes will take longer to be published ;)

If you read one comment above yours....as for interruptions I pay for a monthly service, I think the last 4yrs has paid for my QQs