The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Murkmire Experience

Blumog
Blumog
✭✭
Happy Halloween, everyone!
[english isn't my first language so please excuse any mistakes]

Murkmire DLC experience:

Hello dear friends of the ESO & ZeniMax staff! :)

I just wanted to wish all of you guys a happy Halloween and I also wanted to thank you for the wonderful Murkmire DLC (which I love so very much). Thanks for all the great work on ESO in general, for the friendly support (Gina & Jessica), the ongoing new content and for all the energy and love you put into the game.

As for Murkmire:
Lawrence Schick (ESO’s Lead Loremaster) & Leamon Tuttle (Senior Writer-Designer) + all the involved people behind the latest DLC created something very special with Murkmire. They are telling a detailed, epic tale in an caring and empathic way based on Argonian history. The quest themes are in many ways connected to some of the problems mankind faces these days. The new DLC covers many issues of our real life in 2018 (how we treat, communicate & interact with indigenous people, nature and our planet in general, or how we treat and work with "handicapped" people [see the "Empty Nest" quest]. How we treat each other in general as human beings).
I have to admit and I am not ashamed of, that I shed some tears while playing the new Murkmire quests (main story and side quests like "Empty Nest" really touched my heart and are fantastic). The new Argonian based content is just wonderful written and designed and I can't wait for upcoming Argonian tales and adventures to be told. Thank you all, this was and still is one of the best gaming experiences I had within the last 10 years.
If you ask me, the writers, map designers and creators behind Murkmire should get the opportunity to come up with an even bigger Argonian based full ESO Chapter and map one day. I would love to learn more about the wonderful, complex Argonian history and culture.
The music + having the opportunity to interact with the natural Argonian based environment and NPC's of Murkmire (firestones, plants, characters etc.) creates a unique atmosphere. Murkmire is full of life, even in the most distant corners and there is so much one can discover while travelling all over this little map. As playing with an Argonian toon Murkmire feels 100% home and this is just epic to experience. It's like a long awaited homecoming... an Argonian dream came true. Can't wait to get the new Lakemire Xanmeer Manor noble house which is placed in Murkmire's north. The NPC's are wonderful drawn in character and they're showing different personalities and behaviour. I would strongly recommend to just take some time while doing all the quests. Let the NPC's talk, take your time and listen to them, read the books carefully... and then you will be able to fall into a deep, well told, powerful and caring storyline full of empathy. Without a question you will be able to enjoy Murkmire a lot more when not rushing through caves, books and NPC communication. Gear down and enjoy!

For me personal this is so far the best The Elder Scrolls Online - DLC because of all the love and details for the atmosphere, storytelling, environment and characters.
Thank you for a great gaming experience!

May the Hist forever guide you, friends and may you always prosper under a blessed sun.
Keeper Blumoxith-Ei

q3i957tkm8ma.jpg
Edited by Blumog on November 3, 2018 5:59PM
"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding." - Kahlil Gibran

Keeper Blumoxith-Ei <> (EP Argonian - Healer / NB) <> ESO Plus <> NA-Server.
Morimol <> (EP Wood Elf - DPS / Warden) <> ESO Plus <> EU-Server.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will admit I skimmed, but if you don't mind, what does an appreciation thread have to do with the Lore?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I will admit I skimmed, but if you don't mind, what does an appreciation thread have to do with the Lore?

Experiencing the culture and history of Argonians has a lot to do with lore.

Though I haven't done anything in Murkmire yet due to being distracted by other things. Plus, dirty lizards...
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of references to Argonians breeding in this expansion. I'm not prudish, but this might have been heavy-handed. Even ignoring "The Lusty Argonian Footman" book and tavern named after the book, we have:

- A male Argonian sweet-talking a female into having a nest of eggs in Lilmoth.
    - A tour guide learning about "nest-friends", also in Lilmoth.
    - An entire quest in Bright-Throat village about getting Argonians into bed with each other. One part of the quest involves an aphrodisiac.
    - A quest involving Stibbons and his task of documenting Argonians group breeding (two males and two females walk into the hut with him.)
    - A short item-fetch quest where you meet an Argonian who changed biological sex, only to learn that the other Argonian he wanted to breed with also changed, so he may have to take another potion (IIRC) to change back. Probably just a way of referencing old lore from Morrowind on that point.

And I'm fairly certain I'm missing something.
    Edited by Aristocles22 on November 6, 2018 9:21AM
  • Cookiestealer
    Cookiestealer
    ✭✭✭
    Great post \o/
    As far as my main char is an Argonian, i've been waiting for Murkmire so much since it was revealed on the QuakeCon about four years ago. It looks cool, and i just love all the details, such as half-drown Imperial houses, so culturally and visually different Dead-Water and Bright-Throat tribes, some Jel words, and... Vossa-satl performances!
    Thank you @ZOS!
    There's a lot of references to Argonians breeding in this expansion. I'm not prudish, but this might have been heavy-handed. Even ignoring "The Lusty Argonian Footman" book and tavern named after the book, we have:

- An entire quest in Bright-Throat village about getting Argonians into bed with each other. One part of the quest involves an aphrodisiac.
    - A quest involving Stibbons and his task of documenting Argonians group breeding (two males and two females walk into the hut with him.)
    - A short item-fetch quest where you meet an Argonian who changed biological sex, only to learn that the other Argonian he wanted to breed with also changed, so he may have to take another potion (IIRC) to change back. Probably just a way of referencing old lore from Morrowind on that point.

Yeah, a good point. After a tragic (really) story about hatchlings in the Shadowfen i think it is quite appropriate :)
    Edited by Cookiestealer on November 6, 2018 10:15AM
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I’m enjoying Murkmire more than I thought I would, my characters finally see what their homelands look like after all this time, would love to see what the rest of Argonia/Black Marsh is like.

say anyone done the Tsofeer delve quest yet? Looks like a reference to the RL Roman 9th legion, which also “disappears” at least from the history books... (these are my favourite lore things, when they take inspiration from actual RL events!)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Argonians appear to have a mating season style of reproduction and we just so happened to visit at that time of year. Besides how Argonians reproduce has long been a hot topic and ZOS finally threw us a bone.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    i7QN2PP.jpg

:)
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the priest of Sithis quest. Go into caves in middle of nowhere, guarded by powerful vampires and giant slimes that can turn your corpse into puppet to get some trinkets just to assemble some makeshift altar and smash it because "Sithis is chaos"
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed Murkmire. After dealing with the near world ending events of Morrowind/CWC/Summerset, it was nice to dial back and deal with a more personal story. Call it a calm before the storm.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810