Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

One character only, one character in each alliance, multiple chars in one/all alliances?

AngryNord
AngryNord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How do you play? One character only? One character in each alliance? Multiple characters in each alliance? Or multiple characters, but all in the same alliance? There are good arguments for/against in all cases... Myself I decided to go for once character in each alliance, but we'll see how long I bother with that.,..
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got all eight slots filled.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got 1 in all 3 alliances, but have only played the sorc in DC so far.
  • sully73
    sully73
    ✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »

8 characters seems like a huge time investment I couldn't even imagine playing that many different ones.

• Bane766
    Bane766
    Soul Shriven
    I'll prob have one in each alliance so I can see it all (I know you can go back at VR and do those quests, but I don't want to wait that long). I also use it to try out different classes.
  • Deejah
    Deejah
    ✭✭
    I currently have 5 alts, and that is maybe (haha), all I'll ever make. 3 in each alliance, 2 characters fitting there proper places, 1 who isn't.

Then I have one designed for duoing with a friend and then one more for my livestream I do of the game.
    "Dream the Impossible and conqueror the unknowns"
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I currently have 2 characters in all three alliances.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Maddjuju
    Maddjuju
    ✭✭✭
    I've got six so far between DC and AD. I'm just trying different random builds right now and seeing what sticks for me. I do have one that I consider a main while the others are just trying different things out.
  • Deadeyemouse14_ESO
    I ran multiple characters in the beta and found my favorite in a Wood Elf Night Blade with dual weapons and bow secondary. Right now, I'm running with only him and have 2 other chars in other factions that I trade stuff too that I can't fit in my bank. They are mules I don't play with as of yet. I'm too dedicated to building up my Night Blade in Daggerfall.
  • Kinsaven
    Kinsaven
    ✭✭✭
    I've only got my character in the Ebonheart Pact so far, but eventually I'm aiming to have at least 1 in each faction. Going to get this one to level 50 first though, since I'm never good at playing more than 1 character at a time for some reason. :)
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually switch between characters when I'm bored of one, or they're stuck on something. But although I want to play the others, I'm still really enjoying the sorc and don't wanna switch! :p
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sully73 wrote: »
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    8 characters seems like a huge time investment I couldn't even imagine playing that many different ones.

Yes, it does slow the process down. Which is part of why I do it. That being said, two of them are just mules.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two in each alliance and two slots for future attacks of altoholism.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment one per alliance.

Aldmeri Dominion:
    Male Khajiit nightblade, medium armor + 2h weapon (bow secondary). Burst damage oriented.

Daggerfall Covenant:
    Male Breton templar, heavy armor + 1h/shield (no secondary yet). Hybrid caster/healer.

Ebonheart Pact:
    Male Argonian Dragonknight, light armor + destruction staff (no secondary yet). Offensive caster focusing on fire spells.

I'll probably make a female for each faction too, but I dont like doubling up on things - I want all my characters to be different, so I dont want to have two of the same class or use the same weapon types or anything. For now my plans are just to add a female khajiit in the dominion that dual wields and is a sorceror.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • marty83
    marty83
    ✭✭
    Only got one character I don't have time for anything more. Might make a couple more for storage later on though.
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    3 each in 2 alliances, 2 in the other. 1 in each alliance for pure questing with my hubby, 1 in 3 of the alliances for heavy crafting and resource gathering, and the other two are vault gals.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would like to play all in the same alliance, but replayability is lacking in the regard.

Hopefully they'll add more divergent choices with a real impact to quests, and sub-quests branching off of those choices. That would keep replayability fresh.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    One character only. I want to see if I'll be able to master all the trade crafts I need AND make a strong combat character all in one. Should be possible, if I hunt down every single skyshard. :D