The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

places you can't visit or it'll block you from a quest

mystfit
mystfit
✭✭✭
In Stonefalls, City at the Spire quest is blocked if you have visited Kragenmoor. At least it seems that way. Are there other quests that are blocked in the same way? I seem to recall one in Repear's March related to Moonmont?
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not missing much. The quests that disappear if you progress in the zone's storyline are just "pointer" quests -- if you go to a place you're not supposed to be at yet (usually a place where you can't start the location's quest until you complete a prerequisite quest), you get a quest that sends you to talk to an NPC at the place you "should" be at. These quests always reward a small amount of gold and experience, and consist of being told to travel to another location and speak to an NPC there.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on October 21, 2018 7:01PM
  • oopart
    oopart
    ✭✭
    What Shroob said. They're pointer quests to move you along what I call the "Zone Storyline", the main quests and objectives of that area (I.E, going from Vivec's Antlers to Fort Virak). But they really aren't important at all; many times, there'll be another pointer quest to "re-route" you to the story's proper order.
    Who would win:
    The fabric of reality and the linear nature of time and continuity?
    Or one Broken boi?
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I am aware that the bread crumbs quests are of little value. However, I have a 'quest' of my own to try and do them all ;)
    The New Life event is coming up and I'm on the horns of a dilemma...;) This character is trying to do all quests and the New Life has several :) She also doesn't go to places she's not questing in...to avoid losing out on a quest ..and she's not been everywhere she'd need to do the event.
    I'm trying to get a feel for my 'risk' if I go ahead and take her there.
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be glad you’re not super OCD and using a quest marking addon that leaves the quest marker permanently on your map until you manually hide it. For a “missed quest”. While most would not care. There are a small few losing their minds over that kind of thing... wish these kind of intro quests would just list as completed by the api if they are “missed”. Then the markers would go away when the addon queries list of completed quests.
    Edited by qbit on November 5, 2018 12:59PM
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    I may just have to hope the New Life questline is the same next year :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mystfit wrote: »
    I am aware that the bread crumbs quests are of little value. However, I have a 'quest' of my own to try and do them all ;)
    The New Life event is coming up and I'm on the horns of a dilemma...;) This character is trying to do all quests and the New Life has several :) She also doesn't go to places she's not questing in...to avoid losing out on a quest ..and she's not been everywhere she'd need to do the event.

Just dont talk to anyone with a quest marker above their head. The game should not know you are there.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    mystfit wrote: »

Just dont talk to anyone with a quest marker above their head. The game should not know you are there.

If that's the case, then I would have no issues, but I never was able to figure out why I was unable to get City on the Spire in Stonefalls unless it had something to do with my 'discovering' the location of the town. Its implied that finding the town is enough to block that quest.