Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Heavy Armor DK

sully73
sully73
✭✭
I play as a DK using all heavy armor. I was curious to know would there be a benefit to mixing my armor up a bit. Using 5/7 or so heavy with some medium thrown in. This way I would be able to get some skills in Medium armor got extra damage but I feel like it would make it harder for the solo stuff due to less overall armor.

Any thoughts I'm open to trying new suggestions?
  • Bane766
    Bane766
    Soul Shriven
    From what I'm hearing it is useful to have 5 in HA and 2 in MA or LA due to the magic regen in MA and LA. HA has no magic regen that I know of...and most class skills use magic.
  • sully73
    sully73
    ✭✭
    I'll look into that next time I get some skill points looks like ill have to have a friend of mine craft me some.
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Check your character sheet.
    I bet armor is overcharged which means that the higher armor rating of your heavy pieces aren´t counting fully anyway.

So yeah, mix´n match seems to be almost a must. I chose medium for the higher crits and stamina regen.
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    There is definately benefit. Heavy armour is essentially defensive but light or medium give you some useful damage bonuses depending on your weapon of choice. For solo stuff, I wouldn't use more than two bits of heavy armour myself (I'd use at least one bit to keep the levels ticking over).
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is very useful to split it up. You get to specialize your armor a little more as you level and you get to level another type of armor. Until you get to the point where you are wearing multiple sets of heavy armor with their own set bonuses, I can't think of a reason to stick with only one type.