Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK Build Creators

Cyngar
Cyngar
Besides hitting Alcast and Xynode, who else keep up to date Stam DK guides for PVP. I decided to start leveling 1 for fun and just looking for idea's. Seem a lot of builds I find are way outdated.

thanks.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically everyone either left or rerolled into stamden. Almost all builds you see for stamden will also work for stamDK and vice versa, with few modifications obviously. But the ''fun'' you're looking for might not be there. StamDK is a one trick pony, and that one trick is tank and spank. You tank and spank, or you play another class, there is basically no room for creativity.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 1, 2018 1:03AM
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    Basically everyone either left or rerolled into stamden. Almost all builds you see for stamden will also work for stamDK and vice versa, with few modifications obviously. But the ''fun'' you're looking for might not be there. StamDK is a one trick pony, and that one trick is tank and spank. You tank and spank, or you play another class, there is basically no room for creativity.

Well. so far lvling and pvping I have been enjoying and doing well. but you're saying at 50 is GG?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyngar wrote: »

Well. so far lvling and pvping I have been enjoying and doing well. but you're saying at 50 is GG?

Not that bad to be honest. But when you ask the question ''why should I play a stamDk over anything else?'', there is really no good answer other than ''it looks cool''. It was a really decent 1vX and solo class but the recent speed pot nerf effectively killed that playstyle so stamDk kind of feels pointless now.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 1, 2018 2:31AM
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar

Not that bad to be honest. But when you ask the question ''why should I play a stamDk over anything else?'', there is really no good answer other than ''it looks cool''. It was a really decent 1vX and solo class but the recent speed pot nerf effectively killed that playstyle so stamDk kind of feels pointless now.

ok, so collectively what are better Stam options? I have a Warden and honestly don't like the class at all for PVE or PvP despite how popular they may be. then I pretty much have at least 1 of each class around lvl 10-20. Sorc 50 and then a Temp 41.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok, so collectively what are better Stam options? I have a Warden and honestly don't like the class at all for PVE or PvP despite how popular they may be. then I pretty much have at least 1 of each class around lvl 10-20. Sorc 50 and then a Temp 41.

My main is a stamDK, but I find both my stamplar and stamsorc much more fun to play these days, and I don’t build to the glyph cheese meta. StamDK just feels clunky and tedious.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It depends on what kind of PvP you want to have and also what you personally enjoy. I can only tell you whats good at what but that doesn't mean it takes no effort or you will automaticly like it just because its good. With that in mind, stamblade and stamden are sitting at god tier for stamina PvP for almost a year now and I don't think they are going anywhere. The other three each have their own little issues, you can play any of these classes but obviously each have tools that make them rise or fall in certain playstyles, and no ,they are not equally balanced.

You probably get the idea. I only really excel at stamina Dk, so I can't really tell you what and how you should play. you should decide that yourself. I'm only telling you how I feel about the state of my own main class.
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar

It depends on what kind of PvP you want to have and also what you personally enjoy. I can only tell you whats good at what but that doesn't mean it takes no effort or you will automaticly like it just because its good. With that in mind, stamblade and stamden are sitting at god tier for stamina PvP for almost a year now and I don't think they are going anywhere. The other three each have their own little issues, you can play any of these classes but obviously each have tools that make them rise or fall in certain playstyles, and no ,they are not equally balanced.

You probably get the idea. I only really excel at stamina Dk, so I can't really tell you what and how you should play. you should decide that yourself. I'm only telling you how I feel about the state of my own main class.

ya thank you for the insight. I appreciate it for sure. you think next week with the changes on enchantments we will see Stamdens and NB, at least running DW builds. drop some?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ya thank you for the insight. I appreciate it for sure. you think next week with the changes on enchantments we will see Stamdens and NB, at least running DW builds. drop some?

dual wield was viable before and will stay viable after these changes. DW might be inferior for 1v1 but it is the most versatile weapon choice in the game.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 1, 2018 3:52AM
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    Besides hitting Alcast and Xynode, who else keep up to date Stam DK guides for PVP. I decided to start leveling 1 for fun and just looking for idea's. Seem a lot of builds I find are way outdated.

thanks.

I run 2 bloodspawn(can be switched out for slimecraw/balargh)
    5 fury (this set fits stamdk like a glove)
    5 spriggans for my 2h bar
    maelstrom s&b infused with stam drain

I am argonian

you can check out my youtube channel!
    KingLogix
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    all good stam builds in good players are god tier. All good mag builds in good players hands are god tier. On any day depending on how the engagement starts any good player can completely obliterate any other good player. The question really boils down to what level of annoying and what type of annoying do u prefer. Because thats generally the main dif between stamplar stamden stamDK and stamblade and lets not even get into the most annoying one of them all StamSorc.
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭

dual wield was viable before and will stay viable after these changes. DW might be inferior for 1v1 but it is the most versatile weapon choice in the game.

I agree
    DW is great for 1v1, but at most just doable openworld
    its really hard to keep tabs on who has been dotted up lol
    And if you arent keeping good tabs, you are just fighting HOTs
    I am a huge fan of s&b / 2h heavy, been running that for 3 years
    turtle turtle turtle, then try and leap combo the weakest one, rinse and repeat lol
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t listen to them. Stam DK is a good class. I wreck every class and get hate tells all the time. Stam DK 100% full time baby.
    Edited by Skoomah on November 1, 2018 6:04PM
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Don’t listen to them. Stam DK is a good class. I wreck every class and get hate tells all the time. Stam DK 100% full time baby.

I don't think any of them are saying they are a bad class, just more viable ones in the way of STam. However I'm partial to the class type and reason I want one for pvp. I'd be open to another class or some guidance of builds for the DK
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar
    KingLogix wrote: »

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

Thanks, checking your stuff out now
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

doesn't even has a chance versus meta bleed setups, I'll give out a fair warning. Not that its a bad build or anything, but the meta is really all about unmitigateable damage.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 2, 2018 3:19AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Try stamplar and you will fare much better. Or stam sorc
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

doesn't even has a chance versus meta bleed setups, I'll give out a fair warning. Not that its a bad build or anything, but the meta is really all about unmitigateable damage.

He is not wrongg
    But if you are wanting to run stam dk, your best bet is heavy armor
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

I was meaning to say you arent wrong about bleed builds lol
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what would make Stamplars better than StamDK?
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭

I agree
    turtle turtle turtle, then try and leap combo the weakest one, rinse and repeat lol

u can blood craze multiple targets and so boost ur blood craze heals.
    on pc u can then tab target the enemy of your liking nd go to town
    not hard at all imo
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭

montjie wrote: »

I agree

not hard at all imo

No you can’t,blood craze heal is a buff placed on you

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

the ability to cleanse bleeds , defiles and stuff. Very strong in the current meta of no-counterplay high damage.

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

I'm so desperate to the point that I run those expensive vitality+hot potions and troll king just to have a chance versus those super cheese setups.(and again, they can also run these aswell,but this isn't a matter of beating those builds anymore, Its all about not dying at this point.) Whenever I drop that and go for a more sustain approach I get owned 1v1 because bleeds do ridicilious damage in no-cp.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 5, 2018 11:10AM
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar

the ability to cleanse bleeds , defiles and stuff. Very strong in the current meta of no-counterplay high damage.

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

I'm so desperate to the point that I run those expensive vitality+hot potions and troll king just to have a chance versus those super cheese setups.(and again, they can also run these aswell,but this isn't a matter of beating those builds anymore, Its all about not dying at this point.) Whenever I drop that and go for a more sustain approach I get owned 1v1 because bleeds do ridicilious damage in no-cp.

Is it going to stay the same this week with Bleeds? I thought the changes would revert it back or was this still an issue before?

I have a Stamplar and honestly I just didn't like the class outside of lvling. even in PVE Dung and PVP I wasn't a fan once I hit 50 and cp160, so I moved away from him.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

Is it going to stay the same this week with Bleeds? I thought the changes would revert it back or was this still an issue before?

I have a Stamplar and honestly I just didn't like the class outside of lvling. even in PVE Dung and PVP I wasn't a fan once I hit 50 and cp160, so I moved away from him.

Well bleeds were always a direct counter to stamDk but it wasn't used by so many a few months ago. Now that meta sheep realized how potent it is, the chances of you encountering a bleed user is much higher than it used to be.

Obviously enchant changes will reduce the pressure on you by a lot,(and thank god they didn't wait 3 months to revert this meme of a change) but bleed builds will be able to best you in a 1v1, unless obviously you too use a bleed build, in which case you have a good chance of beating most stamina setups, except stamblades/stamdens.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 5, 2018 3:15PM
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

Well bleeds were always a direct counter to stamDk but it wasn't used by so many a few months ago. Now that meta sheep realized how potent it is, the chances of you encountering a bleed user is much higher than it used to be.

Obviously enchant changes will reduce the pressure on you by a lot,(and thank god they didn't wait 3 months to revert this meme of a change) but bleed builds will be able to best you in a 1v1, unless obviously you too use a bleed build, in which case you have a good chance of beating most stamina setups, except stamblades/stamdens.

Interesting, well i'm only lvl 36 on him. So i have sometime I do my daily pvp on him and that is it, so he's not hitting 50 anytime too fast.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

Interesting, well i'm only lvl 36 on him. So i have sometime I do my daily pvp on him and that is it, so he's not hitting 50 anytime too fast.

I would say its not a good decision to judge how a class performs based on pre-50 performance, your impression will change a lot depending on who you fight against.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 5, 2018 3:24PM
  • Cyngar
    Cyngar

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

I would say its not a good decision to judge how a class performs based on pre-50 performance, your impression will change a lot depending on who you fight against.

oh 100% agree that is why I am trying to find out how the are at 50in BGs and in Cyr. Right now I can craft gear and wreck 90% of the people 1v1.
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »

I agree

not hard at all imo

Ahh ok! I am on xbox, and it feels clunky doing it
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

thanks.

I am argonian

KingLogix

He is not wrongg

You forgot minor protection on the spammable
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique