Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Minion

Wizhunter
Wizhunter
✭✭
Why doesn't Minion update all it's addons ?. getting a bit fed up with getting the out of date message when loading ESO up, also quite a few addons don't work with joypad, I thought something would of been done about this issue a while ago, unless i'm doing something wrong .

Wiz
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is entirely up to the addon authors if they update their addons with every patch, dependent on what you use, try running Minion once a day, see if there are any updates, and if none, then with every addon you use, there will be a web link, and sometimes they do hot fixes for addons, before main addon is updated to Minion.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that even if you manually update addons yourself on the ESOUI site, they are often still 'out of date' when you log in. Of course, this is assuming that the addon authors have updated their own work. But I do update all addons regularly via Minion anyway, although whether that actually has any effect is debatable.

Any error windows that appear on logging into a character, I dismiss.

If the addons work, and performance doesn't seem to be compromised, I've given up worrying about whether ESO considers them out of date or not.

Edited by Aurie on November 5, 2018 11:27AM
  • Wizhunter
    Wizhunter
    ✭✭
    Thanks Guys, I really wanted the Tamriel Clock, I downloaded it through Minion but it doesn't show in my add-ons, no idea why.

Wiz
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addons are not always up to date. I believe that check is simply the supported api version of the addon. Many addons don’t need to be up to date. Many times addon authors don’t change their addons at all after the game is updated and they only change this one line of supported api version so that the game reports it as up to date. I could be wrong. I wouldn’t worry if they are out of date. Just be sure they work without throwing lua script errors and they are fine. Enable the option to use out of date addons.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizhunter wrote: »
    Thanks Guys, I really wanted the Tamriel Clock, I downloaded it through Minion but it doesn't show in my add-ons, no idea why.

Wiz

Just FYI, it is listed as "Clock" in the addons list, not "Tamriel Clock".
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qbit wrote: »
    The addons are not always up to date. I believe that check is simply the supported api version of the addon. Many addons don’t need to be up to date. Many times addon authors don’t change their addons at all after the game is updated and they only change this one line of supported api version so that the game reports it as up to date. I could be wrong. I wouldn’t worry if they are out of date. Just be sure they work without throwing lua script errors and they are fine. Enable the option to use out of date addons.

I always allow out of date addons, unless they are actually creating a problem!

Mine throw lua script errors the whole time. I worried about this for ages, and finally now I simply dismiss them or close the window. The addons work fine, and afaik my performance is fine too. :)

• calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    The out of date status is due to a single line of text in the addon's manifest file. Many addons are still indeed compatible.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Minion is merely a utility that connects with ESOUI and runs automatic updates for addons with newer versions. Addon authors are a voluntary group of people, who contribute to the community on their own time.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    calia1120 wrote: »
    Minion is merely a utility that connects with ESOUI and runs automatic updates for addons with newer versions. Addon authors are a voluntary group of people, who contribute to the community on their own time.

Totally agree and big thanks and kudos to all of them for their excellent work <3
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Wizhunter
    Wizhunter
    ✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Wiz

It is called clock-Tamriel standard time, it still doesn't show up in my list of addons when playing eso.

Wiz
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Wiz

It is called clock-Tamriel standard time, it still doesn't show up in my list of addons when playing eso.

Wiz

check the screenshots on the esoui.com site, it appears to not be listed with the rest of the addons, but as a separate setting under Settings...

https://esoui.com/downloads/info241-Clock-TamrielStandardTime.html