The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Snow Globe House Question.

Snowfaeriewings
Snowfaeriewings
✭✭✭
Is there anyway you will tell us if the Enchanted Snow Globe house will be available as part of the event like the witches festival one? Because the sale on the house in the crown store ends before the new life festival begins. Then we could decide how we want to go about getting it. Whether thru our crowns, crown exchange deal or just our own gold.

I do know on the pts it was crown only so wasn't sure if this had an option or not.
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Since I can't edit my post.... I have to tell you I goofed.. I read it wrong thought it said DEC 2 not Jan 2nd. It doesnt end before the festival but I would still like to know :smile:
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping it would be available for gold as well because I have a feeling the Xanmeer house is going to be crowns only
    Edited by Katahdin on October 31, 2018 5:34PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no option for gold-purchase on PTS for this house. So... Most likely not.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you're not able to gift houses so crown/gold exchange would not be an option on this.
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    There was no option for gold-purchase on PTS for this house. So... Most likely not.
    Wow, really? Even new small/medium houses are locked behind crowns now? How sad.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The house will be available throughout the entire New Life Festival. Actually, all of December. Here's the text from the showcase:

"The Enchanted Snow Globe Home will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, from November 29 to January 2 at 10am EST."

I think you misread it. I'm guessing from this that it very well might be available for gold during part of that time as part of the New Life Festival, but I don't know for sure.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still hoping it's available for gold. I had been assuming so, since it's located in Braeda's tent in Eastmarch and will be available during the NL Festival. But, well...that was just an assumption.

I noticed that the text in the October Showcase for this year and last year didn't mention the possibility of purchasing the Exorcised Cottage with gold, so the fact that the option isn't mentioned for the Enchanted Snow Globe doesn't necessarily mean that it won't be available for gold. Of course, it also doesn't mean that it will, but it does give me some hope.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you're not able to gift houses so crown/gold exchange would not be an option on this.
    Wow, really? Even new small/medium houses are locked behind crowns now? How sad.

I’m pretty sure it was marked as “classic” house, so yeah. No surprise here, it’s too big and has complicated enough architecture (opposing for example Coldharbour estate) to be buyable for gold. Timing is also not good, if it was something like Coven cottage they would’ve placed it in December showcase, EVEN close to the event.
    Edited by TiaFrye on November 1, 2018 9:34AM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if it could be purchased for gold like the witch's cottage. My money is tight right now and will be for a while so if it's crowns only I dunno if I'll be able to get it, and I really love that snow globe house and would love to have it. I'll leave it perma decorated for Christmas so anytime I'm feeling down I'll go there and it'll help cheer me up.

ZOS, why don't yall put the price of items on the monthly showcase? Both crowns and gold? I mean I can see you saying well we haven't decided yet how much it'll be, but, why not? So, decide up front! It would help us out a lot both for knowing how much gold we'll need for something and to see if we can spare the cash in time to get the crown only items.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »

I’m pretty sure it was marked as “classic” house, so yeah. No surprise here, it’s too big and has complicated enough architecture (opposing for example Coldharbour estate) to be buyable for gold. Timing is also not good, if it was something like Coven cottage they would’ve placed it in December showcase, EVEN close to the event.

I don't think the size or "complicated" architecture is any compelling reason for it not to be purchasable with gold, considering that we have many homes, small and large, of varying complexity, that we can purchase with gold. Ultimately, it just comes down to whether ZOS want to provide an in-game means to obtain it.

I recall that the first year the Exorcised Cottage was offered, there was no mention of it being available for gold in the Showcase announcement (and also no mention in this year's Showcase), and only in the subsequent announcement for the Witches Festival. Also, I recall (and confirmed) that the Cottage was available in the Crown Store a day before it could be earned in-game.

Thus, the fact that no mention was made in the Showcase article of a gold option, doesn't necessarily mean there won't be. And, offering it for sale in the CS before it would be available in-game for gold is also not unprecedented. It's possible they want to garner some CS sales before it's available for gold.

This is all, of course, speculation (and wishful thinking). It may very well be that all our hopes of buying this house with gold, as we did the Cottage, will be crushed.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 1, 2018 5:46PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming the snow globe house can be bought with gold, I'm guessing it'll be around 250,000-to-300,000 gold based on the size of the house.
    So start saving, if you don't already have that.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the house always be found under the tent? Because it kind of makes the sky in the globe look lame IMO.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Will the house always be found under the tent? Because it kind of makes the sky in the globe look lame IMO.

It's probably better than looking up at bird ***.
    Or on those more fanciful weekends, Nord ***.
    signing off