The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Comprehensive Werewolf Guide [Updated for Wolfhunter DLC]

PAL18z
PAL18z
Soul Shriven
I wrote the following guide at Steam Community a few months ago and many have found it useful.
This guide includes everything you need to know about being a Werewolf as well as some things i discovered that no other guides contain. Werewolf is an extremely fun sub-class which is more suited toward fighter's (while Vampire is more suited toward magic users) but really anyone can become a Werewolf. One of my ESO characters is a healing templar with just 2 attack powers and bosses with 100,000 hp are a real challenge but in Werewolf form i can easily solo defeat a boss with 300,000 hp.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1396688128

P.S. I hope the mods don't mind me linking to it, as it saves me having to update 2 guides when i make updates.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that's good starter information :)

I didn't read everything but you really need to give more credit to the pounce morph that extends timer, it is a game changer for any werewolf and should always be picked.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be the guy

M1 sumSmash
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad guide. Don't think I've seen one that includes so much info on becoming a werewolf and leveling it up. If it had a more thorough rundown on skills and morphs it'd be one of the most complete I've seen.

A couple of notes:
    Increased Stamina, Armor and Sprinting speed while in Werewolf form.

Werewolves get a bonus to their base movement speed, not just their sprinting speed.
    If you like to PvP then don't become a Werewolf. Werewolves are vulnerable to poison damage and can't get buffed while in Werewolf form (just healed).

Werewolves can actually do great in PvP, if you know how to use them. The biggest issue is that you tend to get focused alot in open-world (Cyrodiil), especially if you're the only werewolf in your group--and you can't keep your timer up running between keeps. But they can be very effective in BGs and Imperial City/Sewers, especially if you run as part of a pack.

Also, werewolves can be buffed just fine, not sure why you thought otherwise? Or were you referring to the inability to recast your own buffs while in WW form? Either way, this line could use some clarification.You also mention the poison weakness twice, here and in the next bullet point.
    Piercing Howl is very very useful, especially if you chose Pack Leader as you and your wolves will do more damage.

Piercing Howl should not affect the damage you or your direwolves do, unless there's a bug I'm not aware of.
    Infectious Claws doesn't do very much damage for the amount of stamina it uses so don't use it very often.

Claws doesn't deal much damage up-front, but it also deals damage over time to everyone it hits. That and the healing or major defile (depending on the morph) are what makes this skill useful.
    Hircine's Bounty is critical during combat. Always keep enough stamina to use it.

Hircine's Bounty (and it's morphs) use magicka, not stamina.
    Get Rousing Roar which is a morph of Roar. It increases weapon damage for you and allies by 20% for 23 seconds.

This info is out of date. As of Wolfhunter the major brutality buff has been moved to Hircine's Rage, but it no longer affects your allies. The new morphs of Roar are Ferocious Roar, which sets enemies off balance for 5 seconds, and Deafening Roar, which applies Major fracture for 10 seconds. Neither morph works on bosses or enemies who are CC-immune.

Overall a very good and thorough guide, keep it up!

BTW a good reference for WW skills and their morphs that stays pretty up to date is: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Werewolf
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice guide, thanks for sharing.

The leveling locations are pretty neat, might have to take a look on my next WW.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • PAL18z
    PAL18z
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll make those changes to the guide and credit you.