Maintenance for the week of May 10:
•  [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 12, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

critable shields - murkimire

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭
So I just watched a vid on YouTube, murkmire gameplay to be precise and it still appeared that shileds cannot be crit or at least that's how it looked with the damage numbers surrounding the defending player.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you're on console. We will just have to wait I guess.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭
    yea I'm console but I watched a murkmire vid on pc
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    yea I'm console but I watched a murkmire vid on pc

    you sure the fight didnt involve high crit resist?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭
    even still, you would still see yellow critable numbers not all white non crits as you do now
    Edited by Syiccal on October 30, 2018 7:38PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    even still, you would still see yellow critable numbers not all white non crits as you do now

    When you crit a blocking target it's still white
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A link to the clip would be helpful.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭

    about 1 minuet in he fights another sorc.
    great vid but has me wondering
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anything this video makes me want to dust off my Sorc!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using a combat addon that likely hasn't been updated yet to include critable shields.
    PS4 EU DC

    Current CP : 756+

    I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.


    RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ooohhhh double reach on a sorc seems really fun. Imagine all the 'nerf DK wings' threads flooding the forums if that became the new sorc meta though lol.
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Malcom wins the majority of his fights due to his terrain usage and the fact that he's playing a ranged class.

    That's it, period.

    It's not that because he's a Sorc he's getting kills, he just has a deep understanding of how to manipulate players into unfavorable positions to get the kill.

    There are plenty of times in his video's where he kills 2-3 zerging scrubs and then the one dude there that knows how to play deadlocks with him, and instead of fighting to the death he kites away.

    Because 1v1 Sorc is not a good class. He knows this, and it's why he resets the fight or just overall leaves when he comes up against super challenging opponents that he can't manipulate into choke points or onto cliff ledges.

    Or sorc is still a good class.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Malcom wins the majority of his fights due to his terrain usage and the fact that he's playing a ranged class.

    That's it, period.

    It's not that because he's a Sorc he's getting kills, he just has a deep understanding of how to manipulate players into unfavorable positions to get the kill.

    There are plenty of times in his video's where he kills 2-3 zerging scrubs and then the one dude there that knows how to play deadlocks with him, and instead of fighting to the death he kites away.

    Because 1v1 Sorc is not a good class. He knows this, and it's why he resets the fight or just overall leaves when he comes up against super challenging opponents that he can't manipulate into choke points or onto cliff ledges.

    Or sorc is still a good class.

    I'm sure you'll find sorc aspects you want nerfed. Fury? Streak? Curse? Go ahead, nerf sorc demands are tradition by now. You really won't stop until the class gets deleted, am I right?
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Malcom wins the majority of his fights due to his terrain usage and the fact that he's playing a ranged class.

    That's it, period.

    It's not that because he's a Sorc he's getting kills, he just has a deep understanding of how to manipulate players into unfavorable positions to get the kill.

    There are plenty of times in his video's where he kills 2-3 zerging scrubs and then the one dude there that knows how to play deadlocks with him, and instead of fighting to the death he kites away.

    Because 1v1 Sorc is not a good class. He knows this, and it's why he resets the fight or just overall leaves when he comes up against super challenging opponents that he can't manipulate into choke points or onto cliff ledges.

    Or sorc is still a good class.

    I mean it's not that I want to diss Malcom by the way, he's an excellent PVP'er. If he played Magblade or some other class I guarantee you he would *** SMOKE people.

    But you're wrong - almost his entire bar lacks the synergy that many other classes have naturally. Just look at it.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Malcom wins the majority of his fights due to his terrain usage and the fact that he's playing a ranged class.

    That's it, period.

    It's not that because he's a Sorc he's getting kills, he just has a deep understanding of how to manipulate players into unfavorable positions to get the kill.

    There are plenty of times in his video's where he kills 2-3 zerging scrubs and then the one dude there that knows how to play deadlocks with him, and instead of fighting to the death he kites away.

    Because 1v1 Sorc is not a good class. He knows this, and it's why he resets the fight or just overall leaves when he comes up against super challenging opponents that he can't manipulate into choke points or onto cliff ledges.

    Or sorc is still a good class.

    I mean it's not that I want to diss Malcom by the way, he's an excellent PVP'er. If he played Magblade or some other class I guarantee you he would *** SMOKE people.

    But you're wrong - almost his entire bar lacks the synergy that many other classes have naturally. Just look at it.

    But he is a solo player. Mag sorc is actually stronger than the other magicka classes for 1vX even magblade. The only way he would do better if he switched to magblade is if he was trying to duel. But for the type of game in the video (1vX) mag sorc is stronger than magblade and many other classes for that matter. Mag sorc is a solo cyrodiil class that's its strength.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Malcom wins the majority of his fights due to his terrain usage and the fact that he's playing a ranged class.

    That's it, period.

    It's not that because he's a Sorc he's getting kills, he just has a deep understanding of how to manipulate players into unfavorable positions to get the kill.

    There are plenty of times in his video's where he kills 2-3 zerging scrubs and then the one dude there that knows how to play deadlocks with him, and instead of fighting to the death he kites away.

    Because 1v1 Sorc is not a good class. He knows this, and it's why he resets the fight or just overall leaves when he comes up against super challenging opponents that he can't manipulate into choke points or onto cliff ledges.

    Or sorc is still a good class.

    I mean it's not that I want to diss Malcom by the way, he's an excellent PVP'er. If he played Magblade or some other class I guarantee you he would *** SMOKE people.

    But you're wrong - almost his entire bar lacks the synergy that many other classes have naturally. Just look at it.

    But he is a solo player. Mag sorc is actually stronger than the other magicka classes for 1vX even magblade. The only way he would do better if he switched to magblade is if he was trying to duel. But for the type of game in the video (1vX) mag sorc is stronger than magblade and many other classes for that matter. Mag sorc is a solo cyrodiil class that's its strength.

    Have you tried 1vX with sorc in Cyrodiil lately?
    Unless your opponents eat crayons, you're going down. Fast. At least a nightblade can peace out.

    What SKILLS make the sorc so good that nightblade doesn't have something equivalent or better?

    Shields? Nope, you have those too. Plus Cloak.
    Streak? Nope, cloak and shade leap.
    Frags? Nope, will is better.
    Reach spam? Lol not even a sorc skill.
    Cage? Hahahaha... OMG. Stop. Fear.
    Passives? XD. I'm still laughing.

    Alright maybe curse, because of the haunt... And blocking toons. But that one skill doesn't make sorc suddenly a better class for multiple oponnents.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    He moves well, but his perceived great performance is carried by the poor performance of his opponents. To put it into words that both the fanbois and sorc-haters understand: if you win a 1v4 you opponents were bad - end of story. The lack of CC he is subjected to makes this evident. His build offers little to nothing against tanks/perma-blockers, perma-dodgers, winged DKs, and many S&B builds. Oh and then there are also the stamdens but they are a different subject.

    Don't get me wrong, he plays great but the video is highly circumstantial and does not reflect general state of combat and the class in PvP.

    This. Sorc is a terrible 1v1 class. DKs of all type are an instant loss. Wings shut down pretty much the whole sorc arsenal. NB does everything sorc does but better. Cloak > shields, shade > streak. Stam warden can simply block to shut down sorc combos. Templar can outheal a sorc combo.

    Where sorc shines is bursting unsuspecting or already engaged opponents. Or potatoes.

    Sorc has next to no pressure. No way to deal with block, and will struggle to land blows on good players at all due to the frag changes.
    Edited by iCaliban on November 2, 2018 7:46PM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcom huggin' those boulders so hard I think he left behind some skin! :D
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Malcom wins the majority of his fights due to his terrain usage and the fact that he's playing a ranged class.

    That's it, period.

    It's not that because he's a Sorc he's getting kills, he just has a deep understanding of how to manipulate players into unfavorable positions to get the kill.

    There are plenty of times in his video's where he kills 2-3 zerging scrubs and then the one dude there that knows how to play deadlocks with him, and instead of fighting to the death he kites away.

    Because 1v1 Sorc is not a good class. He knows this, and it's why he resets the fight or just overall leaves when he comes up against super challenging opponents that he can't manipulate into choke points or onto cliff ledges.

    Or sorc is still a good class.

    I mean it's not that I want to diss Malcom by the way, he's an excellent PVP'er. If he played Magblade or some other class I guarantee you he would *** SMOKE people.

    But you're wrong - almost his entire bar lacks the synergy that many other classes have naturally. Just look at it.

    But he is a solo player. Mag sorc is actually stronger than the other magicka classes for 1vX even magblade. The only way he would do better if he switched to magblade is if he was trying to duel. But for the type of game in the video (1vX) mag sorc is stronger than magblade and many other classes for that matter. Mag sorc is a solo cyrodiil class that's its strength.

    Have you tried 1vX with sorc in Cyrodiil lately?
    Unless your opponents eat crayons, you're going down. Fast. At least a nightblade can peace out.

    What SKILLS make the sorc so good that nightblade doesn't have something equivalent or better?

    Shields? Nope, you have those too. Plus Cloak.
    Streak? Nope, cloak and shade leap.
    Frags? Nope, will is better.
    Reach spam? Lol not even a sorc skill.
    Cage? Hahahaha... OMG. Stop. Fear.
    Passives? XD. I'm still laughing.

    Alright maybe curse, because of the haunt... And blocking toons. But that one skill doesn't make sorc suddenly a better class for multiple oponnents.

    It's the combination of curse streak, that second damage shield and a viable execute. Curse allows you to still hit dodge rollers and a second damage shield allow you to not instantly melt. Sorc will always have more burst and be less squishy than magblade which are what's important for 1vX. Magblade overall top to bottom may be better than sorc but that doesn't mean anything 1vX.

    The combination of curse, frag and fury will alot of times kill squishy targets out right in 1GCD and from range. Streak is easy to use and practical. Double damage shields allow you to be decently tanky.

    The soul harvest assassin, will combo is very strong 1v1 but open world since it is 2 gcd's instead of 1 it allows players a chance to dodge roll or get healed before the follow up burst. Magblade only has one shield and that allows for so much splash damage to hit your health pool. You have to spend twice as much time kiting on a magblade where a mag sorc can turret up from time to time. Snares are much more toxic to deal with because you have to kite away from your shade to make it work which is almost impossible while snared.

    This is only a comparison between light armor destro/resto magblade and magsorc. Heavy armor magblade and melee magblade would have different comparisons.

    The way you presented your argument leads me to believe you were thinking more in terms of 1v1 than 1vX. If that's the case I agree a magblade dueling build is in a whole different teir than magsorc. With that being said though cyrodiil is no duel and I have no problems kiting a dueling build open world

  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Malcom wins the majority of his fights due to his terrain usage and the fact that he's playing a ranged class.

    That's it, period.

    It's not that because he's a Sorc he's getting kills, he just has a deep understanding of how to manipulate players into unfavorable positions to get the kill.

    There are plenty of times in his video's where he kills 2-3 zerging scrubs and then the one dude there that knows how to play deadlocks with him, and instead of fighting to the death he kites away.

    Because 1v1 Sorc is not a good class. He knows this, and it's why he resets the fight or just overall leaves when he comes up against super challenging opponents that he can't manipulate into choke points or onto cliff ledges.

    Or sorc is still a good class.

    I mean it's not that I want to diss Malcom by the way, he's an excellent PVP'er. If he played Magblade or some other class I guarantee you he would *** SMOKE people.

    But you're wrong - almost his entire bar lacks the synergy that many other classes have naturally. Just look at it.

    But he is a solo player. Mag sorc is actually stronger than the other magicka classes for 1vX even magblade. The only way he would do better if he switched to magblade is if he was trying to duel. But for the type of game in the video (1vX) mag sorc is stronger than magblade and many other classes for that matter. Mag sorc is a solo cyrodiil class that's its strength.

    Have you tried 1vX with sorc in Cyrodiil lately?
    Unless your opponents eat crayons, you're going down. Fast. At least a nightblade can peace out.

    What SKILLS make the sorc so good that nightblade doesn't have something equivalent or better?

    Shields? Nope, you have those too. Plus Cloak.
    Streak? Nope, cloak and shade leap.
    Frags? Nope, will is better.
    Reach spam? Lol not even a sorc skill.
    Cage? Hahahaha... OMG. Stop. Fear.
    Passives? XD. I'm still laughing.

    Alright maybe curse, because of the haunt... And blocking toons. But that one skill doesn't make sorc suddenly a better class for multiple oponnents.

    It's the combination of curse streak, that second damage shield and a viable execute. Curse allows you to still hit dodge rollers and a second damage shield allow you to not instantly melt. Sorc will always have more burst and be less squishy than magblade which are what's important for 1vX. Magblade overall top to bottom may be better than sorc but that doesn't mean anything 1vX.

    The combination of curse, frag and fury will alot of times kill squishy targets out right in 1GCD and from range. Streak is easy to use and practical. Double damage shields allow you to be decently tanky.

    The soul harvest assassin, will combo is very strong 1v1 but open world since it is 2 gcd's instead of 1 it allows players a chance to dodge roll or get healed before the follow up burst. Magblade only has one shield and that allows for so much splash damage to hit your health pool. You have to spend twice as much time kiting on a magblade where a mag sorc can turret up from time to time. Snares are much more toxic to deal with because you have to kite away from your shade to make it work which is almost impossible while snared.

    This is only a comparison between light armor destro/resto magblade and magsorc. Heavy armor magblade and melee magblade would have different comparisons.

    The way you presented your argument leads me to believe you were thinking more in terms of 1v1 than 1vX. If that's the case I agree a magblade dueling build is in a whole different teir than magsorc. With that being said though cyrodiil is no duel and I have no problems kiting a dueling build open world

    I can't agree with a lot of this. Not with the current sorc'. I'm not gonna compare one class to another, but the adjustments I've had to make on magsorc this patch have involved dropping to only one shield and losing my execute.
    That said, having to slot boundless now for the resists(sorcs don't get nice passives) makes em better kiters than they were.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

    PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Ender1310 wrote: »
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Malcom wins the majority of his fights due to his terrain usage and the fact that he's playing a ranged class.

    That's it, period.

    It's not that because he's a Sorc he's getting kills, he just has a deep understanding of how to manipulate players into unfavorable positions to get the kill.

    There are plenty of times in his video's where he kills 2-3 zerging scrubs and then the one dude there that knows how to play deadlocks with him, and instead of fighting to the death he kites away.

    Because 1v1 Sorc is not a good class. He knows this, and it's why he resets the fight or just overall leaves when he comes up against super challenging opponents that he can't manipulate into choke points or onto cliff ledges.

    Or sorc is still a good class.

    I mean it's not that I want to diss Malcom by the way, he's an excellent PVP'er. If he played Magblade or some other class I guarantee you he would *** SMOKE people.

    But you're wrong - almost his entire bar lacks the synergy that many other classes have naturally. Just look at it.

    But he is a solo player. Mag sorc is actually stronger than the other magicka classes for 1vX even magblade. The only way he would do better if he switched to magblade is if he was trying to duel. But for the type of game in the video (1vX) mag sorc is stronger than magblade and many other classes for that matter. Mag sorc is a solo cyrodiil class that's its strength.

    Have you tried 1vX with sorc in Cyrodiil lately?
    Unless your opponents eat crayons, you're going down. Fast. At least a nightblade can peace out.

    What SKILLS make the sorc so good that nightblade doesn't have something equivalent or better?

    Shields? Nope, you have those too. Plus Cloak.
    Streak? Nope, cloak and shade leap.
    Frags? Nope, will is better.
    Reach spam? Lol not even a sorc skill.
    Cage? Hahahaha... OMG. Stop. Fear.
    Passives? XD. I'm still laughing.

    Alright maybe curse, because of the haunt... And blocking toons. But that one skill doesn't make sorc suddenly a better class for multiple oponnents.

    It's the combination of curse streak, that second damage shield and a viable execute. Curse allows you to still hit dodge rollers and a second damage shield allow you to not instantly melt. Sorc will always have more burst and be less squishy than magblade which are what's important for 1vX. Magblade overall top to bottom may be better than sorc but that doesn't mean anything 1vX.

    The combination of curse, frag and fury will alot of times kill squishy targets out right in 1GCD and from range. Streak is easy to use and practical. Double damage shields allow you to be decently tanky.

    The soul harvest assassin, will combo is very strong 1v1 but open world since it is 2 gcd's instead of 1 it allows players a chance to dodge roll or get healed before the follow up burst. Magblade only has one shield and that allows for so much splash damage to hit your health pool. You have to spend twice as much time kiting on a magblade where a mag sorc can turret up from time to time. Snares are much more toxic to deal with because you have to kite away from your shade to make it work which is almost impossible while snared.

    This is only a comparison between light armor destro/resto magblade and magsorc. Heavy armor magblade and melee magblade would have different comparisons.

    The way you presented your argument leads me to believe you were thinking more in terms of 1v1 than 1vX. If that's the case I agree a magblade dueling build is in a whole different teir than magsorc. With that being said though cyrodiil is no duel and I have no problems kiting a dueling build open world

    It's worth pointing out that the invis morph of Cloak isn't a guarantee on magblade bars anymore (not that it has been for a while) due to the Healing Ward nerf almost making it necessary to run the heal morph instead to have any viable self heal. Magblade lost a lot this patch, and people mentioning passives forget that a lot of them are either situational (see: Master Assassin) or not easily fit into a light magblade's bars (Shadow Barrier isn't all that good if you're not spamming Cloak or Surprise Attack, surprisingly.)

    It's kind of dumb to compare the two, anyways, when stam builds are so much farther ahead of both of them.


    Grand Overlord 25/8/17
Sign In or Register to comment.