The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Writ voucher to gold currency exchange rate

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Aloha and good day,

Does anyone know the current exchange rate for writs to gold, and AP to gold.

Before I thought Ap was 1 to 3 or 4 gold. I'm not sure if this is still current, however I'm also looking especially for Writ voucher currency to Gold exchange rates.

Thank you.
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC -EU: usually around 1:500 (1 writ = 500 gold)
    Edited by mandricus on October 31, 2018 11:43PM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Writ values per point on xbox na is about .5k to around .7k
    This is coming from someone that actively looks at them and for the better deals, although market is flooded with jewelry writs, I rarely see any jewelry writ worth doing and their value tends to be not worth doing.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for AP, you've got the exchange rate the wrong way around - it's usually 3-4AP per 1g. (PC/NA)
    The ratio is worse after the Midyear Mayhem event, when it's easy to get AP.
    New items that are only purchaseable with Alliance Points can have a bit more value for a short time after coming out.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its supposed to be 1,000g per voucher, but everyone will start giving reasons to make it cheaper like "cost to craft" and "is it an imperial city set?".
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Its supposed to be 1,000g per voucher, but everyone will start giving reasons to make it cheaper like "cost to craft" and "is it an imperial city set?".

On xbox na I haven't seen writ values of 1k per writ in ages. When the achievement writ merchant came out I almost expected writ value to increase but they dipped lower than .5k per writ to around .4k per writ but that only lasted for a couple weeks and increased to close to what is now kinda normal. Not sure about pc writ values or ps4 or xbox eu values either.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you So much. This information is very useful. I will also post it in my guild for others to know.
    for AP, you've got the exchange rate the wrong way around - it's usually 3-4AP per 1g. (PC/NA)
    The ratio is worse after the Midyear Mayhem event, when it's easy to get AP.
    New items that are only purchaseable with Alliance Points can have a bit more value for a short time after coming out.
    mandricus wrote: »
    PC -EU: usually around 1:500 (1 writ = 500 gold)

Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While people can list them for anything (why TTC needs to be used carefully) what they sell for is generally .4k to 1k gold for each voucher. Ones like provisioning, enchanting and alchemy tend to be on the expensive side and metal, cloth and wood for low amounts or stupidly rare motifs are often cheaper.

Jewelery writs are just to be deleted even if you get it for free you make a massive loss trying to do them. You would be better off BY FAR just selling the mats.

This is PC both EU and USA.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on PC/NA, first point. There are two values at play here. When selling master writs (uncompleted), the rule of thumb is that the total cost to the buyer should be between 700-900g per voucher, when they factor in the crafting cost as well (some alchemy/enchanting writs are only 25-50g per voucher to craft, so could sell for 650-850g per voucher) Some blacksmithing (gold) are in the 350g/voucher range to craft, so you might sell for 350-550g per voucher.

Completed vouchers sell for 900-1100g per voucher (by purchasing items at the vendor and then selling them in guild traders, etc) This depends greatly on demand/item, etc.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • vyrzeden
    vyrzeden
    ✭✭✭
    And on PC, you can use the WritWorthy addon which will estimate the craft costs and add that to the value per writ. As pointed out, if price per writ + craft costs < 1k, it's usually worth it to complete the writ and try to convert writs to gold from the vendor. Otherwise just sell the writ outright. Both depend on whatever defined margins you want to use.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On PC NA server the usual AP to gold ratio was pretty steady around 5:1 for the past few years, although recently it has gotten a bit worse (15k gold avg selling price for Dawn Prism which costs 100k AP)

Writs seem to sell around 500g per voucher except for jewelry writs, which sell maybe 10-20g per voucher, sometimes lower

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on November 2, 2018 3:24PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC NA server the usual AP to gold ratio was pretty steady around 5:1 for the past few years, although recently it has gotten a bit worse (15k gold avg selling price for Dawn Prism which costs 100k AP)

Writs seem to sell around 500g per voucher except for jewelry writs, which sell maybe 10-20g per voucher, sometimes lower
    Wonder if briarheart comes to the golden sometime, purple jewelery of that set cost around 70K, not much less with arcane trait so you should be able to sell gold ones very well.

Dawn prism, note that you can also transmute jewelry and then deconstruct and as PvP players also overflood with transmute this makes sense, its an bis enchant for tanks who want to maximize all stats.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow on PS4 NA I usually don't pay more than 500-600 per Voucher.

1000 per voucher was the rule of thumb for us when Master Writs first came out, but they've tanked in value with time. It's easy a heck to scoop up even better deals most days. I usually grab 8 writ vouchers for all of 2k sometimes.
    Edited by lagrue on November 2, 2018 4:22PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"