Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spell Strategist power level question

Swomp23
Swomp23
✭✭✭✭
So, after about 1 week in Murkmire, how is the new Spell Strategist performing? How does it rate vs Mothers Sorrow, Burning Spellweave, or even Julianos? Is it worth farming and/or buying? How much does it go for in guild vendors so far?

Console pleb wondering
XBox One - NA
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    42 views 0 answer. Too soon? People are still making their mind on how it performs in real environment?
    XBox One - NA
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, too soon to tell. There also may be something bugged with either the set or Combat Metrics, as uptimes appear to be much lower than expected. I’ll need to do more testing, since I just completed the set last night. So far not impressed with it.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your answer.
    XBox One - NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only drops in RotW and those selling it are getting a good price for it.

But it should be good single target. For AoE situations it will not be very good.
    Edited by idk on October 29, 2018 4:58PM
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

But it should be good single target. For AoE situations it will not be very good.

Yea, i cant belive that ppl are actually pricing/paying it for 1M, no matter the trait(doesn't really matter in this day of age).
    In 2 weeks you'll be able to buy invigorating one(again as good as infused) for 20k no problem.
    Having said that, im farming those rewards like crazy for one so i can got a peace of that cake.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nevermind misread
    Edited by Conduit0 on October 30, 2018 6:42AM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too soon, to tell you right now, still don´t have 5 pcs together, stuck on 4 so far.
    Alcast says in single target fights it is prior
    and in
    AoE fights better use mother-sorrows

If I have it complete I tell you!
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too soon. Drops from RotW only and have abyssmal drop rate (opened 30 of them and didnt get a single trash piece) and people wants milions for it.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tenor.gif

Edited by WuffyCerulei on October 30, 2018 10:06AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    too soon, to tell you right now, still don´t have 5 pcs together, stuck on 4 so far.
    Alcast says in single target fights it is prior
    and in
    AoE fights better use mother-sorrows

If I have it complete I tell you!

Yeah, thatt's pretty much what I'd like to know. I saw Alcast's video, so I know that in single target it's on top. But on console I don't wanna change gear every 5 mins in vet dungeons, so I was wondering if wearing SS 100% of the time was worth it. If there was really a big difference in trash fights.

Welp, I guess I'll ask the question again in 2 weeks.
    XBox One - NA
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn...why would you worry about swapping gear for trash fights?

That's why they are called trash fights
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

In places like Blackrose Prison the trash fights are multiple rounds and pretty long, so there it's beneficial to swap gear in between trash rounds and boss rounds, makes pretty big difference.
    EU PC
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sold a blue ring for 100k.

I love to sell stuff early and buy it back later for 100x less :)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed an increase on my target dummy parses with this set over MS. There is def some sort of bug with the uptime reporting in Combat Metrics. Even if I just weave light attacks and a spammable without bar swapping, my uptimes are only reported to be around 40%. It think it is just a tooltip bug as my damage did go up on the dummy. The spell damage itself is not reflected in the CM info, but as its applied specifically to a target, I wouldn't expect it to be.

As others have said, it's BIS on basically any PVE magic build for ST DPS. If your goal is to push AOE damage, there are better options. Whether high end trial groups will be swapping mid run, well I have no idea, but they will be using Spell Strat on bosses for sure.

Fun story: Yesterday, my first ROTW box was a Sharp Fire staff. I then went to TTC to check on prices (i knew sharp wasnt as much as infused, but still better than most traits). I then went to the trader with the lowest listing to see if it was still there. Well, it wasnt, but there was an identical staff sitting there for 20k. Someone obviously didnt know what they had. Now I have two. Haha.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on October 31, 2018 5:02PM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm just asking questions based on what I heard during PTS testing.
    XBox One - NA
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insane price per single item with this set means it's way overpowered and should be nerfed asap.
    Looks too easy to gain a huge spell damage vs other sets granting spell damage.
    I wonder how it rocks paired with Clever Alchemist and flame/resto Staff on magDK.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    better than all the mentioned sets, pairs perfectly with siroria.

armor parts are 100k+
    Infero staff is 600k+
    Jewerly (blue) 200k+

edit: It is niched to single target DPS, and in the trial community there is a unsaid rule that ONLY single target DPS matters =)
    Therefore the 'BiS' proclamations.
    edit 2: People that use this set also swap out of the set on trash fights. And I would never use it in a dungeon.
    Edited by Kikke on November 2, 2018 11:57AM
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    better than all the mentioned sets, pairs perfectly with siroria.

armor parts are 100k+
    Infero staff is 600k+
    Jewerly (blue) 200k+

edit: It is niched to single target DPS, and in the trial community there is a unsaid rule that ONLY single target DPS matters =)
    Therefore the 'BiS' proclamations.
    edit 2: People that use this set also swap out of the set on trash fights. And I would never use it in a dungeon.

Wow @ those prices. Guess I'll play a lot of Cyrodiil starting nov. 6th.
    XBox One - NA
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it no good for PvP?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

It is pretty good for PVP, but not quite as good as it initially looks. It works well for dueling or focusing down a single enemy in group PVP. It is not effective for things like bombing or AoE attacking a massive zerg battle. The 500 Spell damage allows for decent burst, with slightly more damage output than Clever Alchemist (while giving up the 2 health bonuses). However the uptime seems to be pretty poor in PVP, any time someone dodges your light attack you miss the opportunity to proc the spell strategist bonus. It also suffers when switching targets, for example if you proc Spell Strat when finishing off one enemy, then the first 4s you’re fighting the next enemy you are lacking the 500 Spell damage. DK wings are a hard counter, since all your light attacks will be reflected.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »

To farm it, so I can sell it and make some dough.
    XBox One - NA
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

Yea, i cant belive that ppl are actually pricing/paying it for 1M, no matter the trait(doesn't really matter in this day of age).
    In 2 weeks you'll be able to buy invigorating one(again as good as infused) for 20k no problem.
    Having said that, im farming those rewards like crazy for one so i can got a peace of that cake.

mine only cost 400k.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But almost all important battles in PvP and PvE make use of a smaller amount of aoe damage on adds/secondary targets, with a much higher focus of single target damage on the main opponent. In theory it would work very well. I had a magplar use it against me and it felt very very strong. The uptime was pretty high.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *waits for stamina version
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

True enough,but the proc conditions on those sets don't compare with the one light attack of Spell Strategist.

Spell Strategist
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type PvP
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a Light Attack, you place a mark over your target for 5 seconds, granting you 500 Spell Damage against your marked target. This effect can occur every 4 seconds.

No wonder prices are high,lol.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sold inferno staff infused for 650k and a ring for 220k.
    Love it so far
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heyheyhey, pve ers aren't complaining about needing to pvp for pve gear, maybe that's only a pvper thing :p