The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Something Wrong, Dizzy Swing Targeting?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Went in to test PvP, the targeting feels absolutely wrecked on dizzy swing. Minuscule movements from the enemy cancelled it. I was often trying 7-8 times before one swing would start.

Oh yeah, also shuffle is complete garbage now. Huge nerf to medium armor. Not good ZOS.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with shuffle?

Medium got a huge survivability buff vs most stam matchups but NB.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

I don’t see how AOE reduction is better than complete dodge chance. You’re now getting hammered with all single target attacks which are far more common in any class set up than AOE attacks, unless you’re mighting a Templar maybe.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

I don’t see how AOE reduction is better than complete dodge chance. You’re now getting hammered with all single target attacks which are far more common in any class set up than AOE attacks, unless you’re mighting a Templar maybe.

You have dodge roll for a reason. And now you take 25% less damage while dodge rolling as aoe was the only counter to rollers. RNG dodge was a massive crutch.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • godchucknzilla
    godchucknzilla
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that repairing rams is getting canceled by oil. Is dizzy getting interrupted by aoe?
    Edited by godchucknzilla on October 24, 2018 2:31AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

You have dodge roll for a reason. And now you take 25% less damage while dodge rolling as aoe was the only counter to rollers. RNG dodge was a massive crutch.

See, with shuffle having dodge chance, I never used it; like you said I relied on dodge roll

For players such as myself, that will now slot shuffle; this is a buff.

For players that relied on a 15% chance on single target; this is a nerf
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that repairing rams is getting canceled by oil. Is dizzy getting interrupted by aoe?

No idea, but someone else has a video up showing how bad it is to try and target a moving person, no evasion no speed buffs up.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not really advocating that they bring back the dodge chance. I’m just saying that for medium armor users shuffle is pretty trash now. The snare removal/immunity still barely works. And while the AOE damage mitigation is situationally useful you’re definitely feeling those extra hits. So while you’re still getting snared every two seconds you’re now also taking the brunt of every attack. Or idk has anyone checked that the AOE mitigation is functioning properly? All I’m saying is that it feels pretty trash right now, like it’s almost not doing anything. On a Stam DK it might be better to slot wings than shuffle.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See, with shuffle having dodge chance, I never used it; like you said I relied on dodge roll

For players such as myself, that will now slot shuffle; this is a buff.

For players that relied on a 15% chance on single target; this is a nerf

Perhaps, I don’t pretend to be a great player, but I have heard some pretty damn good players who think the shuffle change is pretty *** for medium builds. Especially when it comes to solo play open world.
    Edited by Vapirko on October 24, 2018 5:02AM
  • smashcats
    smashcats
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I noticed the dodge happen quite often and loved it, like the one guy said, you just get hammered by all single target now, yeah sure dodge rolling, whatever its boring