The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The dungeon finder is garbage today

Neoealth
Neoealth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Twice it's happened now, found a group with the dungeon finder, "Jump to instance failed" Try a few times to tp myself to my team, fails over and over, team kick me.

15 minute leaver penalty, so 30 minutes of punishment because of ZOS and their bugs.

Fix your damn game please.

Had to blow of steam here because this happened in between our tank leaving one group i actually managed to join, then it fell apart. Getting no where today in terms of dungeons.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :(
    at a place nobody knows
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may always go in immersive way - by foot :p
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah when you get that notice you have to actually go to the nearest wayshrine to the dungeon and enter it by walking in :disappointed:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When I get that, I'm grateful to be a tank. People are slower to kick a tank in vet dungeons.
  • xcalibur007
    xcalibur007
    ✭✭
    Did you tell your group you are getting this error? I use the dungeon finder every day, whenever this happens I tell the group. The group usually responds with wait a few minutes, or travel to another zone, or try to go in manually. I never got kick because of it. By the way, I'm on PC NA maybe it's different for other servers.
  • booksmcread
    booksmcread
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that. I had a great experience this morning with the dungeon finder. Queue'd up for one of yesterday's pledges on my new stamplar (currently set up as a tank until undaunted is leveled) and got speed run, no death, and HM all done.
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today?

The Finder has always been a stunning example that if you do give an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amout of keyboards, they will in fact not be able to write a simple grouping tool.
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dungeon finder is usually garbage for me. Thankfully I can just get on discord and get a guild group.
    Campos de oro
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had it throw me into a completely empty dungeon a couple of times.
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    When isn't it?
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t buy stuff in the crown store if you’re too busy in a dungeon.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HA!! I just had this happen to me and the dungeon was WG Tower... which I can't travel into by foot without going to Cyrodiil and then IC. So I had to leave group and get the penalty. Ridiculous.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Somewhere
    Somewhere
    ✭✭✭✭
    What also works is if someone else inside the dungeon uses "travel to player" on another person inside the dungeon it frees up an instance and you can usually port in.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere wrote: »
    What also works is if someone else inside the dungeon uses "travel to player" on another person inside the dungeon it frees up an instance and you can usually port in.

That only works maybe 25% of the time in my experience. :cry:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That stinks. It happened to someone in my group yesterday, but hasn't happened to me in about a year.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may always go in immersive way - by foot :p

it maybe works for dungeons but you cant get into battlegrounds by foot. i cant understand how it can be for real? i mean they can create a game but cant do a simple grouping tool. its nonsense
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really only thing garbage for me is getting a dlc dungeon 10/13 times, not being able to complete them either.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Twice it's happened now, found a group with the dungeon finder, "Jump to instance failed" Try a few times to tp myself to my team, fails over and over, team kick me.

15 minute leaver penalty, so 30 minutes of punishment because of ZOS and their bugs.

Fix your damn game please.

Had to blow of steam here because this happened in between our tank leaving one group i actually managed to join, then it fell apart. Getting no where today in terms of dungeons.

That usually means the instance already has four players in it. They kick a DPS, try to invite someone, you get picked up before the DPS leaves, then you can't port in... and they kick you too, because they think you're not coming. Especially given the player who was kicked continues to "exist" in the dungeon until they've fully loaded out (I think), or there's a few minutes lag for good measure before it frees up their slot.

Yeah, it sucks. Sucks more when they're just like, "nope, you're out."
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol if you can't port in, at least say 'instance full'
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really only thing garbage for me is getting a dlc dungeon 10/13 times, not being able to complete them either.

Try to group up with player without ESO+ and DLC, then use the DF.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TempPlayer wrote: »

Try to group up with player without ESO+ and DLC, then use the DF.

That is the thing. I don't have plus. Haven't for almost 3 years. So I bought each one as they came out. And you can't unbuy them or disabled them, outside of just queueing for the rest but that doesn't get the trans stone at the end.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 2, 2018 4:35AM
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the daily random only send your group into a dungeon that everyone in your group have access to. So if you group with another player who doesn't have access to any DLC and queue as a group, you should not get sent to a DLC dungeon.