The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for builds

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
Hello, everyone. I haven't played ESO in a few months, mainly because I was sick with builds but now I wanna return. A few months ago I asked a series of questions regarding builds and pvp, I decided I wanted to go for a combined PVP PvE build because I didn't feel like starting a new character, but I'm simply not good/adept enough at the game and I don't really understand how it all works yet (maybe because ESO is my first ever MMORPG, so my approach to it wasn't right, I thought of it as a "Skyrim online") and I'm not sure that I can make a proper build for myself. but I'm done with that. I want to start a new character for PVP and use my existing one for PvE. So does anyone know any good:

Dragonknight PvE builds? I really want DPS, but I guess tank is fine as well if DPS is far too stretched

PvP combat templar? I've seen a few like it and it looks really fun, with a 2handed weapon and heavy armor.

I know that Sorcerers are the most powerful class, but I don't really enjoy magic focused characters.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO has a number of mechanics which the game doesn't really explain to you, once you start to understand these then it becomes a lot easier to build strong characters.

Check out some YouTube videos for general information about ESO mechanics, if you're more of the reading type who enjoy in depth maths you can try the Tarmriel Foundry forums.

Up to date builds are normally taken from Alcast or Tamriel Foundry. Alcast has more focus on end game PvE builds (dungeons and trials) but his builds always have an entry level version which doesn't require hard to earn sets.

You can also post in the Combat & Character Mechanics section of the forums asking for help, I tend to find PvP builds are more common here than on any build websites.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alcasthq.com

https://dottzgaming.com

These two guys provide decent builds and explanations for both pve and pvp for all classes and roles.

If you are new or dont want to invest the time in learning specifics these guys provide good explanations and guides that will help you understand.

You can replicate thier builds and as you gain experience modify them as you see fit to suit yourself or to perfrim better.