The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Upload pictures

TGO8694
TGO8694
✭✭
How do you upload pictures in a discussion? I can't seem to figure it out 😑
  • TGO8694
    TGO8694
    ✭✭
    BG1.jpg
  • TGO8694
    TGO8694
    ✭✭
    It's saying enter image url but I can't upload anything. Wtf!?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally use Imgur and put everything in a hidden album call "ESO" then just use the forums code with the url image links from there.
    [img]website.blah/xu42dw.png[/img]

Edited by Turelus on October 31, 2018 3:13PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TGO8694
    TGO8694
    ✭✭
    I'm on a phone lol
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to have 50/50 luck posting pics. The mobile interface leaves much to be desired. We’ll see if it works this time...

50D7yN8.jpg
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    I seem to have 50/50 luck posting pics. The mobile interface leaves much to be desired. We’ll see if it works this time...

50D7yN8.jpg

Huzzah!
  • TGO8694
    TGO8694
    ✭✭
    So whata ya gotta do then? lol
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGO8694 wrote: »

Why don't you quote the person and then you can see how they did it.

You will need a third party hosting site for your pics. Then you get the URL and type it out like how Turelus said.
    Turelus wrote: »
    I personally use Imgur and put everything in a hidden album call "ESO" then just use the forums code with the url image links from there.
    [img]website.blah/xu42dw.png[/img]

You need the code line the {img} what ever you link code is {/img}.

Dont use the { } but the [ ] keys. I needed to use the { } to show you how it should look. Might have to get off the phone and use a PC web browser to see it properly.
    Edited by Davor on October 31, 2018 3:38PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they are telling you in not so many words, is that you can not directly upload pictures to the forum.

You have to use a 3rd party service like Imgur to upload pictures to then place the link to the picture in the forum for it to show

Imgur is a free service
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TGO8694
    TGO8694
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    What they are telling you in not so many words, is that you can not directly upload pictures to the forum.

You have to use a 3rd party service like Imgur to upload pictures to then place the link to the picture in the forum for it to show

Imgur is a free service

link it please? 🎃
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TGO8694 wrote: »

You cannot "upload" images like a lot of other sites. They obviously don't want to store that data on their server. Go to google, find an image, and then right click and select View Image. Take that URL and put it inside these tags [img][/img] to render it out on the page.
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually upload images in at least some of the other subforums. If I want to upload something from my phone, I’ll typically create a draft in a random thread there, upload my image, cut the text, and paste it here.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easier to just, for example, google "reaction gif" (just for example) and pick the image you want to post, then right-click the image, and select 'copy image address' and paste it in the image box in the forum comment box.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a guild that has their own website with a forum that allows members to upload images and then link them here using the "Image" tags.

w00t.gifninja.gifpost-2-1445282250.gifsmilie_pokal.gif
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »
    You can actually upload images in at least some of the other subforums. If I want to upload something from my phone, I’ll typically create a draft in a random thread there, upload my image, cut the text, and paste it here.

Just realized this was true. In the "Bugs" category, you can upload images which makes sense. I guess they don't want a bunch of random pictures being uploaded on a majority of the for-fun forums.
  • TGO8694
    TGO8694
    ✭✭
    20181026_215049