Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question.

MercyKilling
MercyKilling
✭✭✭✭✭
So, now that there's a "report for spam" feature to choose from...

Can we, as players report for guild/sale spam? I know everybody and their brothers will want to comment on and try to answer this...but I'm genuinely curious and concerned. I don't want to be reported when trying to sell something/promote a guild and competing with other people that are doing the same.

Some kind of official answer from a community rep or admin would be nice.....and I'm patient. I realize you guys and gals are pretty swamped right at the moment, what with all the "I WANT TO PLAY NAO FOR FREE!!" stuff with the billing going on.
I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
3) Difficulty slider.
4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems very unlikely that they would take a guild advert report seriously.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're spamming the message multiple times in a row without at least a few minutes break I don't see any issue with it.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    It seems very unlikely that they would take a guild advert report seriously.

That might be true, but over in Neverwinter, players got tired of seeing sale spam and guild spam in their chat, and thanks to Craptic's really rotten chat system...if ten or more people report you for spam, you're silenced for 24 hours. THANK MOLAG BAL THAT'S NOT HERE.

There's a precedent for it is the point I'm trying to make. Spam is spam, regardless of its source. Heck, Zenimax emails now go to MY spam folder thanks to every single gold spammer report ingame earning a separate email from them.

I don't want to be reported and actioned upon because I'm trying to sell my lousy little single gold quality rune in zone chat and some guild doesn't want the competition so a bunch of their members get together and mass report me. (I'm using myself as an example).
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.