Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr needs some love with a new zone or 2

ESO_Nightingale
ESO_Nightingale
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I really want to visit all or most of Anequina and Pelletine. Is it just me? So far, Elsweyr is the least visited province with one island (khenarthi's roost) and half a zone (reaper's march).

Id really want to specifically visit Rimmen and Senchal! Imagine the really unique architecture and ruins of the Khajiit! Anyways. There is so much room for expansion in the world and i really think next chapter should be Elsweyr. That is just what i think. What do you think?
PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a good possibility that the 2019 Chapter will be Elsweyr.
    Edited by JD2013 on October 22, 2018 6:55AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »

Regardless of when, just looking at the in-game map will show the ENTIRE province of Elsweyr is perfectly chapter sized.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    JD2013 wrote: »

Regardless of when, just looking at the in-game map will show the ENTIRE province of Elsweyr is perfectly chapter sized.

right?! its so open!
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probable 2019 chapter

Some hints noticed in Summerset (spoilers)
    - Raz talking
    about visiting his family - in the last dialogue in Alinor Palace (just like previous teasers were left in the last quests of Orsinium and Vvardenfell)
    - noble khajiit female NPC with a unique and detailed (golden) model of robe - not sold in the Crown Store, nor used for any story purpose yet
    - the name of the moths that inhabits Summerset is strongly khajiit-themed - then it's the only species that seems out of place without a story explanation like the welwa
    Id really want to specifically visit Rimmen and Senchal! Imagine the really unique architecture and ruins of the Khajiit! Anyways. There is so much room for expansion in the world and i really think next chapter should be Elsweyr. That is just what i think. What do you think?
    Rimmen! our first meeting with akaviri people.
    The Tenmar Forest!
    The bazar of Corinthe and Senchal!
    Temples, 'hymalayan' vibes, sugarcane plantations...

The Imga Leech Queen of Meirvale mentioned in the book of the collector box.
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on October 23, 2018 12:54AM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probable 2019 chapter

- Raz talking
    about visiting his family - in the last dialogue in Alinor Palace (just like previous teasers were left in the last quests of Orsinium and Vvardenfell)
    - noble khajiit female NPC with a unique and detailed (golden) model of robe - not sold in the Crown Store, nor used for any story purpose yet
    - the name of the moths that inhabits Summerset is strongly khajiit-themed - then it's the only species that seems out of place without a story explanation like the welwa
    Rimmen! our first meeting with akaviri people.
    The Tenmar Forest!
    The bazar of Corinthe and Senchal!
    Temples, 'hymalayan' vibes, sugarcane plantations...

The Imga Leech Queen of Meirvale mentioned in the book of the collector box.

I really hope this is what we get!
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Claws Crossed :) By the Moons this one would like that very much.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr landscape files (cliffs, plants, trees) were put into the game as of Wolfhunter, they were datamined and then promptly removed via a patch. We've also datamined a new Baandari (Elsweyr trading group) themed crown crate season (which usually sync up to big DLC releases), as well as a few other misc Elsweyr themed furniture assets. It sounds like you'll get your wish soon. I don't want to post all the files we have (we want to save some surprises for the big uesp datamine blog post series we do each year), but for now I'll leave you with these:

note: these are in the dev subdirectory, and are named after the zone they appear in (we saw this with Summerset, and other DLC zones, when we datamined them early).

ESO_SourceArt\Fixture\Elsweyr\LightsSignPostsBanners\meshes\ELS_LSB_LightSet001.gr2

dev\eso\prototype\dev\rawdata\Environment\Rocks\Elsweyr\Meshes\ROK_ELS_CliffSet001.gr2

dev\eso\prototype\dev\rawdata\Environment\Trees\Elsweyr\meshes\TRE_ELS_Iroko001.gr2

dev\eso\prototype\dev\rawdata\Environment\Trees\Elsweyr\meshes\TRE_ELS_Ironwood001.gr2

dev\eso\prototype\dev\rawdata\Environment\Vegetation\Fantasy\Meshes\VEG_FAN_ELSHaworthia.gr2

Edited by Thal_J on October 23, 2018 1:39PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr landscape files (cliffs, plants, trees) were put into the game as of Wolfhunter, they were datamined and then promptly removed via a patch. We've also datamined a new Baandari (Elsweyr trading group) themed crown crate season (which usually sync up to big DLC releases), as well as a few other misc Elsweyr themed furniture assets. It sounds like you'll get your wish soon. I don't want to post all the files we have (we want to save some surprises for the big uesp datamine blog post series we do each year), but for now I'll leave you with these:

note: these are in the dev subdirectory, and are named after the zone they appear in (we saw this with Summerset, and other DLC zones, when we datamined them early).

ESO_SourceArt\Fixture\Elsweyr\LightsSignPostsBanners\meshes\ELS_LSB_LightSet001.gr2

dev\eso\prototype\dev\rawdata\Environment\Rocks\Elsweyr\Meshes\ROK_ELS_CliffSet001.gr2

dev\eso\prototype\dev\rawdata\Environment\Trees\Elsweyr\meshes\TRE_ELS_Iroko001.gr2

dev\eso\prototype\dev\rawdata\Environment\Trees\Elsweyr\meshes\TRE_ELS_Ironwood001.gr2

dev\eso\prototype\dev\rawdata\Environment\Vegetation\Fantasy\Meshes\VEG_FAN_ELSHaworthia.gr2

Awesome!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yet there's an itching feeling in the back of my head that these pieces of content will eventually add up to just a couple Khajiiti themed Dungeons instead of an entire story zone.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the lady chilling around the stables in Rawl'Kha?
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to visit all or most of Anequina and Pelletine. Is it just me? So far, Elsweyr is the least visited province with one island (khenarthi's roost) and half a zone (reaper's march).

My bet and wish is that we get next year a Elsweyr Chapter!
    Caty wants to visit her homeland, dream it possible!!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probable 2019 chapter

- Raz talking
    which khajit lady you mean??? where can I find her???
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Saphayla @Azurya

The one in the yard before the Palace of Alinor

screen38.png
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *snip, mistake*
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on October 26, 2018 11:43PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some other hints as we talked about, elsewhere :3

- The Imga Leech Queen of Meirvale mentioned in the book of the collector box.

(the NPC with unique robe is before the castle of Alinor)
    screen38.png

i like your character's look!
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    i like your character's look!
    I wanted to mention this as well. @Ajaxandriel both Khajiit on that screenshot are top notch pretty
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Saphayla @Azurya

The one in the yard before the Palace of Alinor

screen38.png

ah this one! yes and there are a few other khajit ladies in summerset with dreams about the homeland and wearing things nobody else in summerset does, so ZOS maybe my khajit ladies can visit their homeland soon???
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of unusual outfits, this lady has been in Reaper's March for as long as I can remember. Does anyone know what outfit this is and if it appears anywhere else?
    g5v8pkleeqhf.png
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ESO_Nightingale @Saphayla @Azurya
    (Here is a drawing I did of Tahajmi last year: )
    tahajm10.png
    Saphayla wrote: »
    Speaking of unusual outfits, this lady has been in Reaper's March for as long as I can remember. Does anyone know what outfit this is and if it appears anywhere else?
    g5v8pkleeqhf.png
    This is a "Treethane Ceremonial Dress" that was available at the Store some time ago, with a redish dye
    https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Treethane_Ceremonial_Dress?file=Treethane_Ceremonial_Dress.png

It's intended to be from the Bosmer culture but... well, the Reapers March is common bosmer-khajiit and such detail can be seen as a "placeholders" for an original bosmer-influenced khajiit stuff.
    (This is what I did with the own costume of Tahajmi after all ^^ - with "Doeskin-and-Chamois Woods Wear")
  • Saphayla
    Saphayla
    ✭✭✭
    tahajm10.png

That is a lovely drawing! Does the character have any kind of backstory, or do you not bother with roleplay? I'm getting a sort of Dro-m'Athra vibe from that drawing :)
    Edited by Saphayla on October 31, 2018 3:03PM
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please, no. We've just had Summerset. I've had enough of Aldmeri Dominion zones. I'll take Skyrim instead.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I think this topic doesnt belong in the Lore Section.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You think?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i put it in here because i want more Elsweyr lore. no need to be rude dude.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on November 3, 2018 3:13PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While there will definitely be plenty of lore in new zones, thats not what your title or original post was about. Its about introducing new zones and how it will look. Theres nothing wrong with wanting any of that. But none of that particularly belongs in the lore section. This could of easily been posted in the General Discussions section where it belongs.

And calling out that this thread does not belong here isnt being rude.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While there will definitely be plenty of lore in new zones, thats not what your title or original post was about. Its about introducing new zones and how it will look. Theres nothing wrong with wanting any of that. But none of that particularly belongs in the lore section. This could of easily been posted in the General Discussions section where it belongs.

And calling out that this thread does not belong here isnt being rude.

It can belong in here as it has elements of lore that can be discussed. Its not really a problem either way I don't see why you think it is one in the first place. This discussion is to talk about Elsweyr if it was a future zone. It's not just about how it will look as the ruins and stuff that I suggested would have so much more lore about primal Khajiiti civilisation.

I'd see it being a problem if I had posted it in bug reports or something like that, but I genuinely feel as if it is related. So that is why I put it here.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on November 4, 2018 5:06AM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if we're talking lore I'd really want to see how (or if) ESO will deal with the various Khajiiti species. Will we see Suthay-Raht alongside Cathay? Alifq and Ohmes? Will they make Pelletine and Anequina distinct from one another through their climates in lore?
  • Nilarynpaw
    Nilarynpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Recently I was thinking about how would they introduce the Mane?
    Who is the Mane?

Since we know from Reaper's March questline, that the new Mane is either Khali OR Shazah, but it was a player choice, so... if we ever get to Elsweyr, who's gonna waiting for us there? I mean... We can't just go there and not meeting the Mane, can we? That would be very disappointing because I'd like to know more about how their society works. Also, Clan Mothers!

Edited by Nilarynpaw on November 5, 2018 10:00AM
    PC EU: 810+ CP
    "Only the Aldmeri—the High Elves and their noble allies, the Wood Elves and Cat-Men—have the wisdom and restraint to peaceably rule the disparate peoples of Tamriel. [...] Men always follow the destructive path of their defender and apologist, the Missing God whom we shall not name. [...] The world has gone wrong, and we must put it right. March proudly beneath the eagle banner of the Aldmeri Dominion! "
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nilarynpaw wrote: »
    Recently I was thinking about how would they introduce the Mane?
    Who is the Mane?

Since we know from Reaper's March questline, that the new Mane is either Khali OR Shazah, but it was a player choice, so... if we ever get to Elsweyr, who's gonna waiting for us there? I mean... We can't just go there and not meeting the Mane, can we? That would be very disappointing because I'd like to know more about how their society works. Also, Clan Mothers!

You mean you haven't heard about the proxy Mane? ;)
    PC EU
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see how they can fix this "dragon break" of both sisters being the only Mane haha
    Well maybe... one idea;
    if the Mane placeholder is hold by Khali for PCs who chose her, Shazah for the PCs who chose her (and even Akkhuz-ri for the PCs who didn't complete the campaign if it's meant to be simultaneous), but through the story we learn that the things went wrong and a faction believe the other sister is the actual Mane!
    this would leave room for each version to be "true".
    Saphayla wrote: »
    tahajm10.png

That is a lovely drawing! Does the character have any kind of backstory, or do you not bother with roleplay? I'm getting a sort of Dro-m'Athra vibe from that drawing :)
    Yes she has ! Tahajmi is from Pellitine. Basically she's a "grey" sorceress and a moondancer, bargaining balance between the influences of Azurah, Jone, Jode, Lorkhaj, the whole Riddle'Thar.
    She's one of the spiritual leaders of the "Brotherhood of the Three Moons" which seeks absolute balance - but she appears as a simple fortune-teller in the lands of the Dominion. Her background is sumed-up here but in french ^^' not translated yet, and it's hard to get something readable, even if I try and start that on the roleplay subforum
    Bruccius wrote: »
    Will they make Pelletine and Anequina distinct from one another through their climates in lore?
    I expect Anequina to be dryer than Pellitine, where the khajiits have a desert-warrior and caravans culture. Pellitine with lush jungles, and amazing temples and palaces.
    That's mainfly fluff from the TES expanded universe but there are hints of this in actual ESO data, like flavor text of the collection items from Elsweyr