The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[Suggestion - 2019] Dungeon Mode Toggle for Delves and Public Dungeons

joaaocaampos
joaaocaampos
✭✭✭✭✭
So... Here's my last suggestion of the year! From what I've seen, everyone has been suggesting this for years. I hope ZOS supports this idea!

pXM8EP6.png

Dungeon Mode Toggle (Normal/Veteran)

20px-ON-mapicon-PublicDungeon.png Delves and 20px-ON-mapicon-Dungeon.png Public Dungeons (are... Dungeons and) can also be challenging content. Before you enter the Delve or Public Dungeon, you choose to face Normal or Veteran enemies.

I need to list some important points!
  • Delves and Public Dungeons must be included in Dungeon Mode Toggle.
  • Veteran Delves and Public Dungeons would be better than Group Delves or Group Quest Hubs.
  • No need to be in a group to find other players in Veteran Delves and Public Dungeons!
  • Current Public Dungeons are Normal Public Dungeons.
  • Veteran Delves and Public Dungeons are for those well equipped and high CP.
  • Veteran difficulty is based on an even more challenging Craglorn. That is, Veteran Delves is as challenging as Group Delves. Veteran Public Dungeons is as challenging as Skyreach, Spellscar, Shada's Tear, The Seeker's Archive and Rahni'Za. If we can find other players, I suggest adding a "CP Modifier" to monsters and bosses, making content even more challenging (see below).
  • XP and Gold earned in Veteran Delves and Public Dungeons are the same as the Normal version! That is, XP and Gold are not the real rewards.
  • Add daily quests to Public Dungeons.
  • Daily Quests: blue reward for Normal and purple for Veteran.
  • Based on everything I've presented above, redo Craglorn. Group Delves are now Delves, and Group Quest Hubs (Skyreach, Spellscar, Shada's Tear, The Seeker's Archive, Rahni'Za etc) are now Public Dungeons. Dungeon Mode Toggle is active for these contents.

CP Modifier

Gina's words
Champion Points
We spent a fair amount of time discussing the Champion Point system because it is our belief that the power creep in this system is responsible for many of the issues ZOS is trying to address in the first place (such as players being able to avoid mechanics, not have to make difficult build choices, and the feeling that healers are not needed). The Devs indicated that the CP system is intended to counter-balance itself, that is, I can get X% buff, but that is negated by your -X% buff. The Devs indicated the way multipliers and other mechanics currently work means that counter-balance is not quite right. The class reps agreed and added the problem goes deeper; since Bosses don’t have CP, they aren’t getting the -X% modifiers. The end result is that players quickly out-scale and become too strong for any PvE content that gets released.

We also said it was unfortunate that much of our class identity has been taken away because the Champion System (and gear) has so much power.
CP for Common Monsters
  • Piercing & Spell Erosion: Increases Physical and Spell Penetration by 4000.
  • Mighty & Elemental Expert: Increases your Physical, Poison, Disease, Flame, Frost, Shock and Magic Damage by 10%.
  • Master-at-Arms & Thaumaturge: Increases the damage of your direct damage attacks and damage over time effects by 20%.
  • Weapon Expert: Increases the damage of your Light (and Heavy) Attacks by 30%.
  • Armor Focus & Spell Shield: Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 4000.
  • Hardy & Elemental Defender: Reduces Poison, Disease, Physical, Flame, Frost, Shock and Magic Damage dealt to you by 10%.
  • Iron Clad & Thick Skinned: Reduces the damage you take from direct damage attacks and damage over time effects by 20%.
  • Expert Defender: Reduces damage taken from Light and Heavy Attacks by 30%.
CP for Bosses
  • Piercing & Spell Erosion: Increases Physical and Spell Penetration by 5000.
  • Mighty & Elemental Expert: Increases your Physical, Poison, Disease, Flame, Frost, Shock and Magic Damage by 15%.
  • Master-at-Arms & Thaumaturge: Increases the damage of your direct damage attacks and damage over time effects by 25%.
  • Weapon Expert: Increases the damage of your Light (and Heavy) Attacks by 35%.
  • Armor Focus & Spell Shield: Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5000.
  • Hardy & Elemental Defender: Reduces Poison, Disease, Physical, Flame, Frost, Shock and Magic Damage dealt to you by 15%.
  • Iron Clad & Thick Skinned: Reduces the damage you take from direct damage attacks and damage over time effects by 25%.
  • Expert Defender: Reduces damage taken from Light and Heavy Attacks by 35%.

I put the most important CPs, but ZOS can add others like Blessed and Quick Recovery.

The suggestion below is optional!

20px-ON-mapicon-Dungeon.pngPublic Dungeons

We have 2 Public Dungeons per Chapter and 0 Public Dungeons per Zone DLC, right? This is my suggestion:
  • 6 Public Dungeons per Chapter.
  • 2 Public Dungeons per Zone DLC.
Again, I need to list some important points!
  • Public Dungeons will be more important.
  • Public Dungeon will also be Quest Hubs. Each Public Dungeon would be unique, with its own Daily Quests. Daily Quests could be creative and fun, with good and exclusive rewards.
  • Some Public Dungeons can be "Public Trials", with Daily Quests rewarding Trial sets! Why not?
  • Again, 6 Public Dungeons per Chapter and 2 Public Dungeons per Zone DLC. Public Dungeons are more interesting than Areas of Interest, ZOS!

Finally, I end up saying that I want more importance and protagonism for Delves and Public Dungeons!
Edited by joaaocaampos on November 7, 2018 6:26AM
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to vote NO because delves and public dungeons are not necessarily group material. It's more solo-able content AND it is NOT instanced content. So it's already crowded in the more popular ones.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I'd have to vote NO because delves and public dungeons are not necessarily group material. It's more solo-able content AND it is NOT instanced content. So it's already crowded in the more popular ones.
    • Normal Delves and Public Dungeons are solo-able content.
    • Veteran Delves and Public Dungeons are group or high cp solo-able content.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No delves and public dungeons are fine just the way they are.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No delves and public dungeons are fine just the way they are.

I'm not proposing to change the current content, but just add a Veteran version.