The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 Main Nightblade defensive skills are broken. Do players have to wait for next DLC for a fix?

The_Camper
The_Camper
✭✭✭✭✭
Shadow Image: One of the main tools used in outnumbered fights and in my opinion best LOS and survival tool nightblades got. Now broken and unusable. Doesn't work at all on keep walls, tower fights and 90% of the open world scenarios. Unless you plan to 1vX in an open field. lol

Cloak: Yes. haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in forum recently (might have missed it). But cloak is utterly useless in keep fights or any fight where sieges are involved. Siege DOT ticks (fire ballista, Coldfire ballista dot etc) goes through the cloak now.

Do we have to wait for 3 more months for a fix or for an acknowledgement whether these are bugs or intended ninja adjustments that somehow skipped the patch notes?
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just 3 months?

... I use to have that kind of hope once upon a time too.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage over time is SUPPOSED to bring NBs out of stealth. If you were previously able to cloak through siege dots, and can’t anymore, it sounds like ZOS FIXED cloak.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/443367/so-no-fix-of-shadow-image#latest
    2. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/442844/can-we-count-on-hot-fix-for-bugged-skills#latest

Mayrael wrote: »
    Templar jabs much more clunky and unresponsive, dizzy and snipe requiring constant target tracking, shadow image broken again, cloak being broken by siege weapon dots, did I forgot about something? Can we count on some fixes before next DLC? Please?

It was mentioned but unfortunately there is no response. @Tasear wrote he will pass this issues along, but since then we have no word from anyone from the team :/

Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    ... ninja adjustments that somehow skipped the patch notes?

If you will watch some of my testings there is no way that Shadow Image is WAI. In certain situations it won't work even if you're on the same level with your shadow and there is no obstacles between.

When it goes to cloak... That would be simple inconsistent with all the rest dots, even oblivion dots are surpressed, so why fire etc. wouldn't be?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Damage over time is SUPPOSED to bring NBs out of stealth. If you were previously able to cloak through siege dots, and can’t anymore, it sounds like ZOS FIXED cloak.

No it is not supposed to. AOE skills are supposed to break cloak. not DOTs. where is the source for your statement " Damage over time is SUPPOSED to bring NBs out of stealth". is it your own opinion?

stop claiming false things. imagine if siege dots started going through shields. Sorcerers would flood the forum again with QQ threads.
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... ninja adjustments that somehow skipped the patch notes?

If you will watch some of my testings there is no way that Shadow Image is WAI. In certain situations it won't work even if you're on the same level with your shadow and there is no obstacles between.

When it goes to cloak... That would be simple inconsistent with all the rest dots, even oblivion dots are surpressed, so why fire etc. wouldn't be?

yeah Shadow image is unusable at this point. just a waste of a skill slot. and severely affects nightblade LOS and survival.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're totally wrong. Cloak was changed this way because it was useless in Cyrodiil when dots could break it.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @The_Camper 3 months? u do realize we waited 3 years to get the cloak fixed and then it got broken again next week...
    Edited by xenowarrior92eb17_ESO on October 31, 2018 11:16AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No it is not supposed to. AOE skills are supposed to break cloak. not DOTs. where is the source for your statement " Damage over time is SUPPOSED to bring NBs out of stealth". is it your own opinion?

stop claiming false things. imagine if siege dots started going through shields. Sorcerers would flood the forum again with QQ threads.

Whoops, my mistake. I haven’t had coffee yet. :D

Anyway, could be a bug, could be that ZOS is trying to do something about bombers... Either way, it does seem a little unbalanced that NBs can just saunter through siege dots unscathed. *shrug*
    Edited by Aurielle on October 31, 2018 11:19AM
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    All true. I was looking forward to my medium armour sNB but cloaking is even more unreliable and shadow image is trash... again. I guess its time to join the masses and go heavy armour, DOTs/ procs and dark cloak. Just need to get used to block cast spamming all my abilities again!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway, could be a bug, could be that ZOS is trying to do something about bombers... Either way, it does seem a little unbalanced that NBs can just saunter through siege dots unscathed while I have to spam my now-useless shields to try to get through a breach. *shrug*

Yeah it also seems a bit unbalanced that DKs can ignore almost any ranged attack, but hey that's the way this game is. If you play sorc you can streak through breach and don't even get hit, templar can remove effects. Each class has its pros and cons ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway, could be a bug, could be that ZOS is trying to do something about bombers... Either way, it does seem a little unbalanced that NBs can just saunter through siege dots unscathed while I have to spam my now-useless shields to try to get through a breach. *shrug*

Yeah it also seems a bit unbalanced that DKs can ignore almost any ranged attack, but hey that's the way this game is. If you play sorc you can streak through breach and don't even get hit, templar can remove effects. Each class has its pros and cons ;)

Streak? You mean that laggy skill with a built in root that I can’t use more than three times if I want enough magicka to actually fight the other players I meet once through the breach? :) NBs have a disproportionate number of pros versus cons, so the fact that siege dots can now pull them out of stealth does not seem like a big deal to me. Maybe if cloak had an increasing cost associated with it, a la streak, I could empathize.

• The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Image: One of the main tools used in outnumbered fights and in my opinion best LOS and survival tool nightblades got. Now broken and unusable. Doesn't work at all on keep walls, tower fights and 90% of the open world scenarios. Unless you plan to 1vX in an open field. lol

Cloak: Yes. haven't seen this mentioned anywhere in forum recently (might have missed it). But cloak is utterly useless in keep fights or any fight where sieges are involved. Siege DOT ticks (fire ballista, Coldfire ballista dot etc) goes through the cloak now.

Do we have to wait for 3 more months for a fix or for an acknowledgement whether these are bugs or intended ninja adjustments that somehow skipped the patch notes?

Dots still tick while you cloak now? Sounds like a fix to me...

It always seemed incredibly broken to me that I could sneak through a breach and mitigate most of the aoe damage on the breach by using 1 skill. Maybe thats just me though.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aoe dot is still aoe, working as intended.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway, could be a bug, could be that ZOS is trying to do something about bombers... Either way, it does seem a little unbalanced that NBs can just saunter through siege dots unscathed. *shrug*

Apologize for my tone towards you as well. I thought you are one of those "cloak is so op, even light attacks should break it" kind of person.

Imo, cloak was in a fine position before the nerfmire patch. Maybe it needed a slight adjustment to prevent players from spamming it every second and could practically sustain it throughout. Not that it needed any adjustments on how it worked with dots and aoes. it was pretty much balanced.

When it comes to dealing with siege damage on their own, DKs got Igneous with on demand major mending with a shield. Sorcs got ward. Templar with cleanse. coming from a DK main, nb cloak ignoring siege dots was in line with these other skills. This not working is a major hit to the class in cyro when siege damage is everywhere.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sounds like a difference between ground based AOE dots and single target dots. Does cloak suppress caltrops, liquid lightning, things of that nature?
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

When it comes to dealing with siege damage on their own, DKs got Igneous with on demand major mending with a shield. Sorcs got ward. Templar with cleanse. coming from a DK main, nb cloak ignoring siege dots was in line with these other skills. This not working is a major hit to the class in cyro when siege damage is everywhere.

"Every class can MITIGATE siege dmg, so it is fair that NBs IGNORE siege dmg"

- Every NB.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Yeah sounds like a difference between ground based AOE dots and single target dots. Does cloak suppress caltrops, liquid lightning, things of that nature?
    Cloak should suppress lingering dots from for example a coldfire ballista. Just like how it suppresses other dots. Cloak should not suppress the stationary AoE dots from scattershot and meatbag siege while standing inside that AoE.
    Edited by Koensol on October 31, 2018 12:28PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologize for my tone towards you as well. I thought you are one of those "cloak is so op, even light attacks should break it" kind of person.

Imo, cloak was in a fine position before the nerfmire patch. Maybe it needed a slight adjustment to prevent players from spamming it every second and could practically sustain it throughout. Not that it needed any adjustments on how it worked with dots and aoes. it was pretty much balanced.

No problem. :) I agree that cloak needs adjustments, given that it can be spammed almost infinitely by magNBs with a large magicka pool and good sustain. I don’t really agree, though, re: siege dots. It makes sense why single target class dots don’t pull NBs out of stealth. Siege is not single target, however. The initial aoe strike should DEFINITELY pull NBs out of stealth, and they should not be able to cloak again while within the initial AOE strike radius. I don’t care if they cloak again once inside, but NBs shouldn’t be able to just stealth through a breach without requiring healing/purging/etc to gank the guys and gals manning the siege. No other class can get through a breach as easily as NBs can.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These are ground based effects and nope, cloak never worked vs this and nobody asks for it.

Streak? You mean that laggy skill with a built in root that I can’t use more than three times if I want enough magicka to actually fight the other players I meet once through the breach? :) NBs have a disproportionate number of pros versus cons, so the fact that siege dots can now pull them out of stealth does not seem like a big deal to me. Maybe if cloak had an increasing cost associated with it, a la streak, I could empathize.

Yes, streak, the skill that allows me to go through almost any breach I want on my mag sorc. Yes it's not perfect but saying it's totally useless skill isn't fair ;) You know that all you need to stop NB on a breach are caltroops, oil catapult or any ground based AoE and suddenly cloak becomes useless, totally, gives you nothing, it just drainagin your resources. While streak no matter what moves you from point A to B, can't be stoped in any way + when used smart it allows you to avoid a lot of ground based and siege damage. Just wait till oils are on cool down and then streak, it's a very short window so sorc is almost the only class who can do this when there is more than two oils.

Please stay civil, we both know that streak same as cloak are great tools (I've spent most of my time in ESO playing magsorc), it's just about when and how to use them. But this thread is not about streak or sorcs, it's about broken skills that doesn't work as they should. Please don't be that person which tries to justify bugs because you enjoy when someone is weaker, you never know when your skills will get broken.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These are ground based effects and nope, cloak never worked vs this and nobody asks for it.

Yes, streak, the skill that allows me to go through almost any breach I want on my mag sorc. Yes it's not perfect but saying it's totally useless skill isn't fair ;) You know that all you need to stop NB on a breach are caltroops, oil catapult or any ground based AoE and suddenly cloak becomes useless, totally, gives you nothing, it just drainagin your resources. While streak no matter what moves you from point A to B, can't be stoped in any way + when used smart it allows you to avoid a lot of ground based and siege damage. Just wait till oils are on cool down and then streak, it's a very short window so sorc is almost the only class who can do this when there is more than two oils.

Please stay civil, we both know that streak same as cloak are great tools (I've spent most of my time in ESO playing magsorc), it's just about when and how to use them. But this thread is not about streak or sorcs, it's about broken skills that doesn't work as they should. Please don't be that person which tries to justify bugs because you enjoy when someone is weaker, you never know when your skills will get broken.

I’m being perfectly civil. Streak, unlike cloak, has been nerfed to the ground. Yeah, you can use streak to get through breaches, but with a significant ding to your magicka (especially if the opposing team is smart and layering their siege). It’s often not worth it to streak in without your group. It’s much safer to go in as a unit, with a Templar or two purging and healing you, and someone spamming siege shields. Only nightblades can easily slip in unnoticed with almost no hit to their resources and bomb/gank the defence.
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    number of people who do not understand the difference between siege AOE ground dots and the Lingering dots are amusing to say the least.

Ground siege AOEs such as meatbag catapults and scattershots breaks cloak on impact and will keep breaking cloak and ticking damage as long as the nb stays inside the AOE. this has always been the case and nothing has changed in this aspect. and no one is asking for any changes either. Claims that someone can cloak through an siege ground AOE without taking damage is pure BS and probably coming from people who have never played a nb.

The bug is about lingering dot on person after a fire/ coldfire ballista that keeps ticking on even after cloaking. which changed last patch and considering how every single dot works with cloak, this is a bug and nothing else.

I don't even main a nightblade. I play stamblade on an alt every other week. I'm just someone who's not a hypocrite that will try to justify some main class skills being broken because it suits your agenda. cough all these sorcs cough.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree with you OP. ZOS plz fix.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    number of people who do not understand the difference between siege AOE ground dots and the Lingering dots are amusing to say the least.

Ground siege AOEs such as meatbag catapults and scattershots breaks cloak on impact and will keep breaking cloak and ticking damage as long as the nb stays inside the AOE. this has always been the case and nothing has changed in this aspect. and no one is asking for any changes either. Claims that someone can cloak through an siege ground AOE without taking damage is pure BS and probably coming from people who have never played a nb.

The bug is about lingering dot on person after a fire/ coldfire ballista that keeps ticking on even after cloaking. which changed last patch and considering how every single dot works with cloak, this is a bug and nothing else.

I don't even main a nightblade. I play stamblade on an alt every other week. I'm just someone who's not a hypocrite that will try to justify some main class skills being broken because it suits your agenda. cough all these sorcs cough.

Perhaps you should do what everyone told sorcs to do when Sloads was overperforming: slot purge.