The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finally! I finished training my first horse!

jainiadral
jainiadral
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
...and the game didn't give me any fanfare. So I'll just give myself some :cookie::cookie:

Sorry, but I'm really, really glad that's over-- on one toon anyway :D
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done buddy..

I still haven't finished one! Ofc its my own fault - I only ever bother to visit the trainer when I happen to be right next to them - which is only once a week when the golden vendor appears..!

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    grats.

its a pain. you can get to level 50 like in a day, but then you have to wait 180 days to use your mount. what crappy design. it was okay back when leveling was slow, but now? especially if you want to do pvp in cyrodil (aka PvHorse/Horse Simulator)...
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! It's always awesome when you finish the first one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've 15 done :|
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    grats.

its a pain. you can get to level 50 like in a day, but then you have to wait 180 days to use your mount. what crappy design. it was okay back when leveling was slow, but now? especially if you want to do pvp in cyrodil (aka PvHorse/Horse Simulator)...

Back in that day your horse could also only train 60 times and you had to choose to make either a balanced horse, a stamina horse, a speedy horse or a packmule. And it was per mount and not mount wide.

I had all 3 maxed (1 per horse) and was so happy they were combined to one uberhorse because the training of all 180 per mount sucks balls. None of my alts have done it.
    Edited by Knootewoot on October 31, 2018 10:29AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz :). But you know, you could train all your alts-mules too, just make them and relog to train them, you never know when you will need these, but when you do, they will be ready.
    I'll just finish training on my 14-th alt soon:).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Train Guar next
    Options
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRATS FRIEND!
    at a place nobody knows
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    grats.

Back in that day your horse could also only train 60 times and you had to choose to make either a balanced horse, a stamina horse, a speedy horse or a packmule. And it was per mount and not mount wide.

I had all 3 maxed (1 per horse) and was so happy they were combined to one uberhorse because the training of all 180 per mount sucks balls. None of my alts have done it.
    I actually kind of miss that system.

I fully understand why it was removed, but it added some interesting choices. I think most people ended up with a speed one in PvP (no one cared about dismounts) and pack one in PvE though. At least all my friends and guild members at the time.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've got 1 characters speed to max, never fully trained tho... I have max amount of characters too
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still haven't after years because I am too lazy. Too much of a chore...and bore.
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still didnt finish my main char's horse for 4 years. 1 point from stamina is missing there. Keeping it as a trophy and im gonna complete it in 10th aniversary.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    ...and the game didn't give me any fanfare. So I'll just give myself some :cookie::cookie:

thinking it is a bit weird that we don´t get any achievment for that..........
    and it takes 180 days to do it............. :(
    Options
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    thinking it is a bit weird that we don´t get any achievment for that..........
    and it takes 180 days to do it............. :(

Because it's no achievement, what you do, it makes your life/gameplay more easy, that should be enough reward :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    grats.

I actually kind of miss that system.

I fully understand why it was removed, but it added some interesting choices. I think most people ended up with a speed one in PvP (no one cared about dismounts) and pack one in PvE though. At least all my friends and guild members at the time.

I had a stamina horse in cyrodill and got my speed from rapid manouvers. With my speed horse i got kicked of my horse to kick
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

I still haven't got a fully trained horse. Like some other people I only do it if I'm passing a stable and I remember to stop for it, so it's pretty erratic. My crafter has all the carrying capacity trained and I occasionally throw a point into one of the others, but my other characters all just have odd points in whatever I felt like upgrading at the time.

I assume I'll get one fully trained eventually, but it will be a very long time before that happens.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good feeling when you finish training that first one. :)
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finished my 15th character a few weeks ago. Decided if I have anymore characters they're just going to have to walk.
    PC EU
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished my Warden, which I guess is character #9. Then I made a stamplar.

What I do is, I log out next to the stable keeper on characters that are training riding. That way, I just have to log in and train, then go do whatever it is that I want to do.

At one point, I was training 5 characters at the same time, but it's been a while.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭

Well done. It's a relief when it's completed.

Let's see - 60 upgrades x 3 x 250 gold each. Soon adds up.

With 15 alts on NA and 14 on EU, I find an easy way to upgrades mounts is to park the unleveled alts at the stables.Then when I log in to collect mail/do writs if the alt is at the stable I need to upgrade. I park the leveled alts at the bank.

I've just deleted a CP alt with full mount upgrades! DK damage - just could not get on with him, and now have a new level 15 Stamplar. Having so much fun with her in PvP.

Yes the key is to have fun.
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats mate! Leveling up a horse can be horrible, so good job :smile:
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! I have completed the highest movement increase a few times but since I got loss where I was in the game I started over. I have created five characters and all reached level 40 but I always end up deleting them. Some may say I wasted some gold but as I did this I learned enough about each of the four primary classes that when I came back I was able to create a character that is built around my play style.

I am far from end game, I am only level 39 and play sparingly as this is my secondary MMO when I get bored of the primary MMO I play. I do have to say though that this game seems less repetitive compared to other MMOs I have played. I am still in the initial leveling mission and enjoying it as I go, no need to rush and collecting lore books, skyshards, etc.. as well.

Back to the mount, congrats and it is nice having the max movement speed and if you have completed all 3 you also get some extra bag space which is highly needed if you don't have a membership and stamina for the mount to sprinit pass some badies or in PVP.
    Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on October 31, 2018 12:29PM
    Options
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

I just finished my second. :)
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone! *hugs*

I can't tell if I'm happy or just having that weird endorphin thing that comes after you've stopped bashing yourself over the head with a hammer :D

Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my main now. I park all my toons in Daggerfall to do writs/training because the layout and geography do the thinking for me. It's autopilot to head to the stable first, then the writ boards, then the stations, turn in everything at the docks, then come back and deconstruct everything on my alts before heading back to the bank. I bet first thing I log in tomorrow, I'll head right for the stables :p I missed a few days in Alinor and Vivec City simply because the trainers are in the opposite direction from the stations.

My three alts are at least halfway finished with speed, and my Khajiit is halfway through bag space. Hopefully when it's their turn at bat through the story, I'll at least have speed finished.

Gah, I can't believe I finished one! I'm usually done and burned out with most MMOs by the six month mark. This frightens me ;)
    Options
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Geekgirl wrote: »
    Congrats!

I just finished my second. :)

Congratulations! That's amazing!

Well done. It's a relief when it's completed.

Let's see - 60 upgrades x 3 x 250 gold each. Soon adds up.

With 15 alts on NA and 14 on EU, I find an easy way to upgrades mounts is to park the unleveled alts at the stables.Then when I log in to collect mail/do writs if the alt is at the stable I need to upgrade. I park the leveled alts at the bank.

I've just deleted a CP alt with full mount upgrades! DK damage - just could not get on with him, and now have a new level 15 Stamplar. Having so much fun with her in PvP.

Yes the key is to have fun.

Fifteen? Wow! I can't even imagine.
    grats.

Oh gods-- that sounds horrible!
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

I have done 30 of them over two accounts and i can tell you the 30th felt just as good as the first. Its such a long process and really is a relief not have to worry about that extra visit to the trainer everyday.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say I love that the free crates/twitch drop crates give out books as well. It shaves a couple of days of here and there.

Of course more available if you buy crate and get them from those. They're one of the few consumables I use rather than trash when I get them.
    Options
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats! Yeah you would think you would get a simple achievement for it too, but hey, the feeling of getting them maxed is well enough for sure!
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a baby warden about 9 months ago. Leveled her up to about 16, got bored and let her rest - except to log her for 20 seconds every day to level horse. She did indeed get to 60/60/60. Then I finally got around to working her up as a bowbow warden fairly recently. One of her recent level up rewards was a scroll of free horse training - character bound of course. *sigh* I needed the practice spelling DESTROY. Seriously, I'm not complaining a bit just thought it was funny. :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 31, 2018 3:05PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options