Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So whens the new content and expansion packs coming out?

Maestro_Sartori
Maestro_Sartori
✭✭✭
Since a big share of people are already done with the game and are 50 which just boggles me how they are doing that so quick...

I think they need to turn down the xp gains considerably...
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, in my humble opinion, most of the people who are already 50 either missed most of the game anyways or don't really care about content. Either way, why cater to them when they won't be here next month anyways.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People at level cap were using exploits or grinding like crazy. They have no right to demand new content when they haven't actually experienced most of the existing content.
    ----
    Murray?
  • LarZen
    LarZen
    ✭✭✭
    No point in shipping out content to a minimal percantage of the players base that have miss understood the point of the game. Or any MMO for that sake.
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the new content is harder than the current stuff, Im level 41 now and have completed every map 100% all skyshards/world boss's etc. This game is far to easy, So I hope the veteran content is much more of a challenge.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since a big share of people are already done with the game

Whoa. A big share! Uh. How do you define "big"?

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Zoltariel
    Zoltariel
    ✭✭✭
    I play 6+ hours a day and have two characters one is at 15 and the other is 12. Can't say I pity anyone at level 50 who claims to be bored and demands content.
    Edited by Zoltariel on April 6, 2014 5:34PM
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    Laughter wrote: »
    I play 6+ hours a day and have two characters one is at 15 and the other is 12. Can't say I pity anyone at level 50 who claims to be bored and demands content.

^^ This. "A big share of people" is not even accurate. But yes, I do hope those that level like that, rushing through the game, will do so and then just hang out in the PVP region. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy a less crowded game.
    Edited by MaxBat on April 6, 2014 5:46PM
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • Karaena_Aedoth
    "big share" lol... no...
  • hurricane198
    how did they even level so fast?
    When we talk, we tell what we know, when we listen we learn something new
  • SpieleNerd
    how did they even level so fast?

and in all the world... WHY ?

Thats like Swallowing a Delicious Cake at once, then complain about that you didn`t taste anything ... weird people

• JohnD212
    JohnD212
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad these experience junkies will soon leave the game. Every MMO has them. They storm the game, skip dialogue, skip exploration - focus 100% on PVP and RVR and when they level up after 1 week, they complain about the game being boring and no end game content. I'm happy for the 30 day free period because it gives me hope that on day 31, most those people will be gone.
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A standard ES player listens to the quests and looks around the world. A standard mmo player skips the quest text and just runs to the quest spots and moves on.

Don't worry about how other people play the game just enjoy it how ever you do.
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    To answer the OP, I bet the first major content patch is six months or more out. Figure at least 3 months to hammer out all the bugs from launch and 3 months on a ptr for whatever comes next.
  • Jimbob2k
    Jimbob2k
    Soul Shriven
    Yea, hurry up - I'm level 7 and really need the extra content!
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the 'early 50s' are ex PTS testers who wanted to get into full blown Cyrodiil quick (real 50 not scaled up) and don't really think they'll be complaining about PVE content
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to cater to the MMO locusts is foolish. They'll never be happy, just let them get bored and quit one week in. Healthier for the game overall.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see the first (major) DLC about the time of the console release (i.e. June)
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    My God. It's two days since launch and you're already pounding your spoon on the table and demanding second helpings? Give the devs a minute to breathe, whydontcha?
    Eris wrote: »
    To be honest, in my humble opinion, most of the people who are already 50 either missed most of the game anyways or don't really care about content. Either way, why cater to them when they won't be here next month anyways.
    ^This.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm definitely not in the most crowd. I play 10-12 hrs a day across 6 characters. One is level 8 and the rest are level 4.

Nonetheless, I anxiously await the introduction of Necromancy, in a future expansion. I can only hope the expansions are not all end-game content and implement something towards new characters.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    I have consumed almost all off the level 0-15 area of the AD and have over 24 hours played so far on that character. Those who rush to 50 are doing so at the expense of then content.

They don't need new content as they would just skip that too.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, my biggest is only 15 so far. My interest in new content isn't linear, but fleshing out the missing stuff, like thieves and dark brotherhood. I assume you'll be able to join them at a lower level like mage and fighter, and it would be nice to not have outleveled all their content before it's added.
    Edited by Seraseth on April 6, 2014 8:22PM
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of my characters are still on the starter islands.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, whoever is 50 and complaining about lack of content has only himself to blame. I've also been playing (three day early access) quite a bit and I'm still below lvl 15 (I have 3 characters).
  • Alexies
    Alexies
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to remind people that 50 isn't "cap". level 50 is only 1/3 of the game. they still have to get to VR10.

regardless when you skip through all the content you should know that you're skipping the game. Im fine with people who do it but the people who do it and then complain thats theres no content left even though they just skipped it all are silly IMO.