The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Turned My Villa Into Hogwarts *Updated Oct 30th*

PocketNova
PocketNova
✭✭✭✭
UPDATE: OCT 30th

After finishing Murkmire, achievement hunting and giving more thought to exactly how to set up Hogwarts I've undertaken some major renovations at my Villa.

I've had to cut back on a lot of my exterior space to give more life to the interior. As it stands right now my furnishing count is 690/700.

Exterior:
I cut my Quidditch pitch right back
NG77xwV.png

Tweaked how Hagrid's Hut was setup, opened up the hut and added stuff inside, gave it a Provisioning service and moved Sirius Black's motorbike into the air (the new linking function is wicked)
hC3tkPo.png
dPICz3B.png
sE4LFF0.png
kkCKE2J.png
g9Djy16.png

Added a sweets (this game needs sweets furnishings) stall (a mini Honeydukes) with Clothing & Jewellery Crafting services
aWgMc1T.png
ghk9Yww.png

Added a Quidditch/Pets stall (a mini version of the ones from Diagon Alley) with Woodworking & Blacksmithing services. Eventually once I finish my Master Harvester achievement I'll be adding those animal cages under this stall.
zZz9Zbr.png
M7Ka1AI.png

Interior:
Added a music box and wanted posters (a la Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban) to the trunk/pet drop off
wqnIrf5.png
62xO62q.png

Added more pumpkin lanterns, candles and benches to the Grand Hall
pKdmQrD.png
gsgnkk9.png
of9i06E.png

Added flourish to the Headmasters Podium, table and added a music box
eKh2AT7.png
KzvpvSD.png
nUUHbgE.png

Turned the Dormitory into a Common Room/Dormitory with a Dye station
8RuFQ2T.png
SZyF4hn.png
5q3bGaA.png
vKA66UD.png
ZUkEKOr.png

Added a library with magical books & a windchime (so calming)
KpYJBf1.png
nvNWNpO.png
saDKIDD.png
liPeaJd.png

Added a hospital wing complete with petrified students
5kKDHUn.png
wWJdUHm.png
zC7eEMj.png

Added a Herbology area with magical plants (p.s. I LOVE the new scuttleblooms, I need more)
L479IzG.png
Vwd8djo.png
4lz1ebX.png
dNMIb0v.png
vaPJzDS.png
QVAjNBv.png
fealMiu.png

Moved the potions room from downstairs and turned it into a Potions Classroom with Alchemy & Enchanting services
BiIDOsA.png
E3LkIkk.png
ZkMBUzW.png
kmGPp4J.png
1BWJF5y.png
47wjyDP.png

Misc Target Dummy Room, cause why not
IIbBFjl.png

If you're on PC NA and wanna visit you can find me in game with the same @ name as here

Old Post:
I had the idea when I first saw the Grand Psijiic Villa, that hall would be perfect to re-create the grand hall from Hogwarts. It just took a while for me to research and find the perfect items that would best suit the world.

It's mostly finished now. I think when I last checked the furnishing count was 680 something. I still need to farm more Quidditch members (the Precursors from CWC). Just wish I could make them squat instead of standing but alas.

There are things I wish I could do, like do benches along every table instead of the occasional one/stools. Add food to the tables, make the dormitory cosier, add more trinkets to the potions room and just make the whole place feel more lived in. Perhaps one day they'll increase the limit and I'll be able to expand.

I'd love to know what other's think. Perhaps you've got some ideas for how I could improve things/lessen my furnishing count so I can add more little things.

Quidditch:
xiDXr1q.png
zf6d6Ap.png
Xzr7WHy.png
YSnKaB9.png
2PMJqWG.png

Hagrid's Hut (with fang & a baby hippogriff):
sNi1mcq.png
LtzshqJ.png
aRkMWsT.png

Sirius Black's Motorbike:
Rua6lHU.png

Whomping Willow (with secret entrance):
9JSoBLB.png
1N6aEIM.png
v7704Ml.png

The Grand Hall (with sorting hat stool, headmaster podium & house flags):
QpoB6wA.png
GF2YR85.png
KsT8wDa.png
tbvMuLH.png
ukeV10e.png
7vsbADx.png
7yfa2tt.png

Filch & Mrs Noris under attack:
mtkkxBK.png
2M739L0.png

1st Year's Trunks & Pets Dropoff:
Pbe6oEq.png
glCD0Fy.png

The Potions Room:
7zJbkLw.png
xQqTCku.png
5m9oVXQ.png
HmAr849.png
zGQuQqw.png
skMv4gr.png

A House Dormitory:
czJ12eD.png
xZp3ay6.png
K6EEtxo.png
0dxNSKM.png

Misc Extras:
F5mMXcN.png
TuIfxJj.png
4Bb7hjO.png
dX8mN6e.png
zQQNUHJ.png
xh076YD.png

More images here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5551941/#Comment_5551941
Edited by PocketNova on October 30, 2018 9:19AM
PC NA
Master Angler
Dressed as Wonder Woman
Living in Hogwarts
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done!
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy!!!!
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesssssss, when will my letter of enrollment arrive via owl?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • ZOS_Chris
    ZOS_Chris
    Community Rep
    This is truly incredible, we're utterly blown away by the creativity on display here.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, PocketNova!

We must ask though, how long has it taken you so far as a rough estimate?
    Staff Post
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is amazing! Brings back fond memories of the books, too! Fantastic job!
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PocketNova This is fantastic!

Without more item slots I don't see how you could have done more without sacrificing areas.

It's the old story, and is exactly what makes us feel like tearing our hair out.

If/when ZOS finally increase the limits, I do hope you'll go back to this and finish it. We'll all look forward to seeing the end result. :)
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG! So wonderful! You did and amazing job. That grand hall, and the quiditch arena! Love!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all. You're so kind. I'm glad you like it.

I actually realised this morning that the scarecrow is wearing a wizards hat. But for the life of me I couldn't get it to work as the sorting hat. I tried for a while but those damn arms are impossible.
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Yesssssss, when will my letter of enrollment arrive via owl?

You're welcome to drop by if you're on PC NA. My username is the same as here.
    ZOS_Chris wrote: »
    This is truly incredible, we're utterly blown away by the creativity on display here.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, PocketNova!

We must ask though, how long has it taken you so far as a rough estimate?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

I'm not sure exactly, but it's pushing close to 20 hours I think. That includes crafting, buying mats, buying recipes, buying furnishings, researching for the right piece (especially those sconces for the Quidditch hoops) and decorating.
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    @PocketNova This is fantastic!

Without more item slots I don't see how you could have done more without sacrificing areas.

It's the old story, and is exactly what makes us feel like tearing our hair out.

If/when ZOS finally increase the limits, I do hope you'll go back to this and finish it. We'll all look forward to seeing the end result. :)

Thank you. I've actually gone through again this morning and tightened things up (sitting at 659 now). Freed up enough space to replace most stools with benches in the Hall. Ran out of mats before I could craft the last 3 or 4 I need. It's a complete mismatch of styles but I love it this way. Feels lived in, like over time as one broke down a different style was crafted.
    uEjuPsb.png

And changed the enchanted garden slightly to add a mandrake being burned by a soul shriven. Mostly because I love those cauldrons.
    Jzvc9cP.png
    CBcvQxo.png

Also moved my Mournful Aegis to act as a Quidditch goalie for now. While my banker is the referee.
    o2NpJfE.png

It's my primary house as it has my crafting stations so I have no intentions of leaving it almost finished. As new stuff is always coming, I'll tweak with time. Hopefully we'll get more NPC's that are squatting so I'm not stuck with teams of standing precursors.
    Edited by PocketNova on October 22, 2018 1:07AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so wonderfully thought out and done! You have added so many awesome details, from the flying broom, to the motorcycle, to the petrified statues! Amazing work! Ooh, the bone dragon could double as a thestral! :smiley:
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    This is so wonderfully thought out and done! You have added so many awesome details, from the flying broom, to the motorcycle, to the petrified statues! Amazing work! Ooh, the bone dragon could double as a thestral! :smiley:

Oh, I can totally see the dragon working as a thestral.

A guildie mentioned Honeydukes & Gringotts today. Got me thinking about adding certain Diagon Alley shops.

I've started Honeydukes at the end of my secret Whomping Willow tunnel. I've run into a wall though, this game seriously lacks candy of any kind. A guildie mentioned the lint from Outlaw Refuges (the achieve furnishing), so I'll have to check that out when the servers are back up. For now I've got stacks of sweetrolls, floating sweetrolls and a bunch of fruits/veggies. Too healthy for a candy shop.

I may also turn the potions room into a potions classroom. And I may add a library at some point if I can work the furnishings count just right. Maybe even Hogsmead.

Too many ideas, too limited furnishings space. I suppose there's always the option of turning other houses into them.
    Edited by PocketNova on October 22, 2018 9:35AM
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Oh, I can totally see the dragon working as a thestral.

A guildie mentioned Honeydukes & Gringotts today. Got me thinking about adding certain Diagon Alley shops.

I've started Honeydukes at the end of my secret Whomping Willow tunnel. I've run into a wall though, this game seriously lacks candy of any kind. A guildie mentioned the lint from Outlaw Refuges (the achieve furnishing), so I'll have to check that out when the servers are back up. For now I've got stacks of sweetrolls, floating sweetrolls and a bunch of fruits/veggies. Too healthy for a candy shop.

I may also turn the potions room into a potions classroom. And I may add a library at some point if I can work the furnishings count just right. Maybe even Hogsmead.

Too many ideas, too limited furnishings space. I suppose there's always the option of turning other houses into them.

The 'Hlaalu boxes, compact' look like wrapped truffles sort of. You could use ornamental boxes, Jester's coffers, etc. to give the impression of boxed candies, and you could fill the glass jars with pocket lint for a hard boiled candies look. Though I agree, it would be great if there were more sweets in game--I turned my Alinor House into a patiserie with a little shop, and I had to use boxes and vases, to give the impression of goodies.
    Edited by Jaimeh on October 22, 2018 10:36AM
  • HiLyfe808
    HiLyfe808
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow that is amazing! nice work
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've updated my original post with new screencaps of how my Villa has evolved post-Murkmire.

It now includes a Library, Potions classroom, Herbology area, Hospital wing, mini Honeydukes stall, mini Quidditch/pets stall & a Common Room.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I will have to stop by again to check it out.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it!