Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thank you, ZOS!

Slowbromance
Slowbromance
✭✭✭
Dude, being in PvP in prime time since patch I haven't had a moment where I'm locked up and can't cast any abilities. Sometimes in tri faction fights I find some abilities lag when trying to cast, but it's nowhere NEAR as frustrating as PvP has been in the past. Not sure what you guys did, but thank you. With all these new changes this patch I thought it would just make performance worse, but I was proven wrong. So many more tactical approaches to the map now, and continuous PvP. Well done. I'm excited to see how next midyear mayhem runs!
-Shadow hide you
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's because the majority of people quit or aren't in Cyrodiil... :p
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »

Yup. We get these threads every time a new patch drops lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Yeh it usually takes a week. Didn´t for EU vivec this time. Unplable lag 3 days in.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, we're pop locked every night since Monday. I'm running into groups like pact militia, blood of daggerfall, iron legion, etc. and no lag.
    -Shadow hide you
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combination of the holiday event and new update has reduced lag more than anything else IMO. I don't think server performance has improved when the conditions are the same. It's possible the new objectives may help spread players out, but unfortunately that's going to mean more pvdoor than anything else.

During the PC/NA/Vivec depose the first night of 4.2, the lag was the most brutal I've experienced in recent memory. It was 1.5-like in that damage took a very long time to register.

I will say that client performance has improved this update. It is much more responsive.
    Edited by zyk on October 24, 2018 9:26PM
  • Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    True, I may be jumping the gun, but I am hopeful. I guess it's too early yet to say for sure how I feel about this patch, but so far I'm a fan.
    -Shadow hide you
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    Dont rejoice in hope,zos doesnt care pvp. Its like a stone in their crown store shoes
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can barely play in primetime, so I don't, and it's no different for this patch. The lag is awful right now.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    i only crashed one time yesterday night and i absolutely think the crash was player induced. Across the board my impression is the patch has helped tremendously spread out the data. In fact last night i played at the highest graphical settings the entire night.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And we are back to normal. Last night was horrific in cyrodiil. I went to BGs and it wasn't too bad.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, lag *definitely* isn't any better.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Today is even worse. Worse than the meteor spam lag patch (I forget which one that was, 1.6?)
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed performance definitely seems better for me even during prime time. Having a great time and lots of good fights but with new objectives people seem more spread out. Still had some large siege fights and performance was better all around.

Gotta give ZoS credit when it is due.

Edited by Sureshawt on October 30, 2018 9:55PM
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to hang around 160 ping in Cyrodiil. I haven’t set foot in Cyrodiil in several months. However, I went in last night and was at 200+ with not a single soul near me.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

Unplable lag 3 days in.

Unplable for me as well.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    Agreed performance definitely seems better for me even during prime time. Having a great time and lots of good fights but with new objectives people seem more spread out. Still had some large siege fights and performance was better all around.

Gotta give ZoS credit when it is due.

Spoke to soon, Performance was crappy last night and the server had a light load and my ping/tracert through my ISP was solid.