Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Void and Sithis

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
tZe3qeo.jpg

Is this to be believed
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <Remains silent>
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given what we know about the kalpa cycle...possible. The Saxhleel aren't the only culture who believe the world will inevitably end; just ask the Redguards.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hail Sithis yes
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    Most cultures probably know that the current kalpa will come to an end, but few of them are actively rooting for it. Except for maybe the Thalmor in the fourth era. They want to end the world, end all kalpas, and end time as we know it.

Usually, this is a turn of events to be delayed as long as possible. If the new world can't overcome the guardians of the old, it doesn't deserve to come into being.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The end of the kalpa was the underlying theme of TES V:Skyrim. I think it all went horribly wrong.

Let's try an extended metaphor. The end of the kalpa is like when it is time to flush the cosmic toilet, to get rid of all the old crap that has accumulated there and to refill the entire cosmos with new, clean, pure, sparkly, sweet-smelling, fresh water. Very hygienic, very necessary, very desirable.

By destroying Alduin the Dragonborn stops the end of the kalpa. The Dragonborn stops the cosmic toilet from being flushed. He effectively says, "this is our ***, you can't flush it." He stops the wheel of time from turning, jamming it so that it can only move forward in a skid. After Skyrim the future of Tamriel is just one long, unending skid mark.

This is one of the reasons why I'm a bit concerned about TES VI. Instead of a bright, fresh dawn in the Golden Age a new kalpa what where going to be given is the same old crap we got in Skyrim, hardly any magic, men hacking at each other with swords (possibly curved), people wandering around saying, "same ***, different day." Another in the series of TES wrecking every damn place that it visits.

Flushing the toilet is the right thing to do.

:(

PC EU
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Truth is.. Void does not exist ;)..
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on October 30, 2018 8:06PM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end of the kalpa was the underlying theme of TES V:Skyrim. I think it all went horribly wrong.

Let's try an extended metaphor. The end of the kalpa is like when it is time to flush the cosmic toilet, to get rid of all the old crap that has accumulated there and to refill the entire cosmos with new, clean, pure, sparkly, sweet-smelling, fresh water. Very hygienic, very necessary, very desirable.

By destroying Alduin the Dragonborn stops the end of the kalpa. The Dragonborn stops the cosmic toilet from being flushed. He effectively says, "this is our ***, you can't flush it." He stops the wheel of time from turning, jamming it so that it can only move forward in a skid. After Skyrim the future of Tamriel is just one long, unending skid mark.

This is one of the reasons why I'm a bit concerned about TES VI. Instead of a bright, fresh dawn in the Golden Age a new kalpa what where going to be given is the same old crap we got in Skyrim, hardly any magic, men hacking at each other with swords (possibly curved), people wandering around saying, "same ***, different day." Another in the series of TES wrecking every damn place that it visits.

That's actually a little bit different. The Last Dragonborn had to do with Alduin not fulfilling his task. He sought to dominate; not end; the world. The Dragonborn was meant to defeat him, as prophecy shows.

Alduin will be reborn the way he is meant to be at the true end of time.
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    Why does everyone assume that a new kalpa would be a good thing, or even a desirable thing? There's no evidence that the "toilet" needs to be flushed or that the new world would be any better than the old world. It could be considerably worse, in fact. It is likely to be worse if the Thalmor get their way. Or if there would even be a new kalpa if they win.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh while Skyrim does confirm the basic aspect of the kalpa system, the very topic of it is iffy with me since some people start adding MK's fanfic to it. Like the whole thalmor\tower\talos war nonsense

Whether this kalpa will end or not remains to be seen

Edited by PrayingSeraph on October 31, 2018 12:14AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows but just thinking of being the only thing to exist sounds boring . What do they do all day if they are all that exists ? Skooma .
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have a pet theory that the kalpa cycle is already broken and so ending the current one would just end everything, forever. Reason being we have some mention in the Annotated Anuad and the Redguard creation myth that mention previous worlds being destroyed and Nirn being created from the remains of those worlds. So if those worlds mentioned were prior kalpas, then Nirn is made of stitched together remnants of those kalpas and was never a fresh new kalpa in the first place, but rather a last-ditch effort to save what could be saved.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works