The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about the name of a odd skill

Doctor_Demento
Doctor_Demento
✭✭✭
I was playing in the Forgotten Wastes in Vvardenfell Sunday night late. I was doing the Hallowen event for the Gold Skulls and killing bosses on the 3 minute cooldown. I was waiting a extra couple of minutes for a boss to come back up. I see this guy running in a circle pattern in the large area in the dungeon. He was using a skill I had never seen before. As best as I can describe it is, it was beam that shot at mulitple targets at the same time. It would hit a target 2 ft away or 30 ft away, it didn't matter. The beam stayed on each one till they died. It hit enemies at full health. (not a low health skill) It killed every enemy it hit within 2 to 3 seconds. It was not a Ultimate skill because there was no cool down on it as he just fired it over and over as he ran. It was yellow in color. I saw it hit as few as 3 enemies at the same time up to a max I saw of about 10 enemies. Every single one died every single time. It never failed. Not once. And he never died a single time. I starting following him around to pick up some money and loot stuff because he wasn't picking up anything. I followed him for about a half a hour. I have just looked online for over a hour now and can't find any skill like it in the game. I have 7 characters of different classes so I thought maybe one of them could learn it. It damn sure looked pretty damn nice. I hope somebody can tell me what the name of this skill is. Cuz like the guy in Independence Day said, "I gotta get me one of these"! LOL
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first thought was Jesus Beam or radiant destruction but that is single target and you said he could hit multiple enemies at a time with it. So I have no idea beyond a cheat with multiple beams at a time.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No idea what you are asking about but this statement is funny to me.
    . It would hit a target 2 ft away or 30 ft away

Distances in this game are measured in meters. With "melee" generally being capped at 7 meters and top range abilitys are 28 meters, except a bow skill and of course in pve. So in feet that is 23 feet for melee and 91 feet for most range attacks. Your 2 feet is .6 of a meter and your 30 feet is 9.1 meters. Again, nothing to do with your question just something I found interesting.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 30, 2018 8:43AM
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog, I was thinking the same thing after looking for this skill for so long. It was strange. It was just melting these guys like some Star Wars multi beam(s). I've never seen a skill that would shoot 10 enemies at the same time and kill them all. It looked insanely overpowered. I just thought it was a new skill or something and they were gonna nerf hell out of it real fast. Figured it would be fun while it lasted. LOL :p
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    No idea what you are asking about but this statement is funny to me.
    . It would hit a target 2 ft away or 30 ft away

Distances in this game are measured in meters. With "melee" generally being capped at 7 meters and top range abilitys are 28 meters, except a bow skill and of course in pve. So in feet that is 23 feet for melee and 91 feet for most range attacks. Your 2 feet is .6 of a meter and your 30 feet is 9.1 meters. Again, nothing to do with your question just something I found interesting.

LOL. I'm a American and I don't do meters. I do feet measurements. But yeah I see where it could be funny I guess. Hey np, glad you saw humor in it. Laughter is good for ya. EDIT oh yeah I could have been around 25 to 30 ft I guess, hard to tell cuz he kept running the whole time.
    Edited by Doctor_Demento on October 30, 2018 8:48AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might have been a Templar using the skill Sun Fire, morphed to Reflective Light. That morph will hit multiple enemies, and it's a pretty good skill. If he combined it with armor sets that boosted flame damage, it would be a decently powerful skill. Also, if he was a Dark Elf, that would boost the flame damage even more because of racial passives.
    I used to use it, but changed to the other morph (Vampire's Bane) because that morph was working better for me for single targets.

Edited by SydneyGrey on October 30, 2018 11:52AM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do u see other ppls aoe skill effects?
    He might have melted stuff with wall of elements.
    "yellowish" is templar. one of the jbeam morphs animations has sth that looks like a secondary beam.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have guessed solar barrage from the templar, but its damage isnt that great. Maybe a dks deep breath, which draws some beams. Could also be sap essence, but then the color would be wrong....
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Do u see other ppls aoe skill effects?
    He might have melted stuff with wall of elements.
    "yellowish" is templar. one of the jbeam morphs animations has sth that looks like a secondary beam.

Yes I do. I have a pretty high end system. I'm sitting on a AMD FX-8350 running @ 4.4ghz with 24gb of 1866 dual channel SDRAM Patriot Black Mumba, 3 Samsung SSD's, a EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0 video card, with a ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard, in a Cooler Master HAF 912 case, and insane huge Noctua NH-D14 CPU heatsink cooler with 2 120MM fans and a 140MM center fan. Powered by a Seasonic 950 watt PSU. So yep, I crank up the pretty toys and see everything in the game really nice. His weapon had multiple beams coming out of a single point at one single time striking up to 10 targets that I could clearly see hitting all those targets and killing everyone of them as they died. I was running behind him collecting the loot and money as he wasn't picking up anything. I asked him what he was doing and finally he replied "leveling" and never said anything else. I might mention I've been here since beta and never saw anyone use a skill like this. Which is why I asked. I figured it was one of two things. Either it was a new skill that was insanely overpowered or he was cheating like crazy. Its starting to look like he was cheating. Maybe it was one of those guys that losers hire to "level" their character to max. I've heard they use cheat mods to do it really fast. Oh well no super melt down skill for me it appears. Well we all can dream. I figured if it was a real skill it was going to me nerfed FAST, like real fast. rats............ :p