The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cadwell's almanac journal format??

Strut6569
Strut6569
✭✭
I am working on Cadwell's almanac and when I look at the quest journal tab the quests are shown in 3 formats: Yellow text with a check mark, white text, and dark gray text.
I assume the yellow with a check means I have accomplished that quest. The dark gray seems to mean I have not done that quest. The white text is where I am not sure. I am working on the Dashaan quests in EP but one of them now shows in white text, although I think I just finished it. Does this mean it is not finished or does it mean I did it already and don't need to finish it again? Confused!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    White means you have started that questline but not finished it. Which one shows in white?
    Edited by Hippie4927 on October 30, 2018 5:18AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Shrine of Saint Veloth. I retreived all his stuff and restored him and he gave me his blessing to proceed. I thought that was it as there were no more markers except to continue on to defeat Magistrix Vox, which I did, as it shows as yellow with a check in the almanac.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you talk to Priest Dilyne and kill the watchers? I believe the quest is called Wounds in the World.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Priest_Dilyne

Edited by Hippie4927 on October 30, 2018 5:41AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    I went back and read a walkthrough of the quest (A Saint Asunder) and see that a "hidden objective" is to kill the daedroth that took his skull. Another player was there and killed it before I could and I didn't stay for it to respawn. I should have waited. Guess I better go back and finish the job.
    I will update with the results.
    Thanks Hippie!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you got it figured out! :)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Update:
    I went back and found the crypt where the deodroth was, but it is nowhere to be found.
    I reloaded the ui but it did not help.
    Any ideas???
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first time you went in the crypt, when another player killed the daedroth, did you grab the skull? If you did, then that part of the quest should have cleared.

Did you close all the daedric portals?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Yes, I took the skull and returned it to St. Veloth. He gave me his hammer to use when I confonted Vox.
    No, I didn't close the daedric portals. I am assuming they are the ones out in the open?? They are part of a separate quest, Wounds of the World.
    Edited by Strut6569 on November 1, 2018 5:31AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strut6569 wrote: »
    Yes, I took the skull and returned it to St. Veloth. He gave me his hammer to use when I confonted Vox.
    No, I didn't close the daedric portals. I am assuming they are the ones out in the open?? They are part of a separate quest, Wounds of the World.

Yes, and you need to do Wounds of the World in order to complete Cadwell's. That's the quest I linked to in an earlier post. The quest giver is Priest Dilyne.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on November 1, 2018 2:03PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Thanks! I will do that quest and report back.
  • Strut6569
    Strut6569
    ✭✭
    Got it!
    I was looking for Priest Dilyne in the wrong area. Once I found her the quest went as it should and now Caldwell's Almanac shows all the Dashaan quests as complete!
    Thanks for the help!
  • Obsydiandragon
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    White means you have started that questline but not finished it. Which one shows in white?

Just found this and would like some clarification on the Almanac, if possible? If you recall, I have the issue of not being able to complete Deshaan area. However, looking at my Almanac, it shows Obsidian Gorge is checked, but all the other four are white. If I cannot complete Mournhold, how did I start the other three? Or does that mean, I've simply discovered their location?

EDIT: yeah, it's not starting the questline that turns it white, it's actually discovering the location. Rather not very helpful in the long run for me, personally, but there it is for anyone else :}
    Edited by Obsydiandragon on January 6, 2019 11:56PM
  • cyberblast
    cyberblast
    ✭✭✭
    I believe white means you CAN start that quest OR have started it. But it's not completed.
    Gray means that quest is not available yet, you'll need to do prerequisites first.
    Edited by cyberblast on January 6, 2019 11:18PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

Just found this and would like some clarification on the Almanac, if possible? If you recall, I have the issue of not being able to complete Deshaan area. However, looking at my Almanac, it shows Obsidian Gorge is checked, but all the other four are white. If I cannot complete Mournhold, how did I start the other three? Or does that mean, I've simply discovered their location?

EDIT: yeah, it's not starting the questline that turns it white, it's actually discovering the location. Rather not very helpful in the long run for me, personally, but there it is for anyone else :}

@Obsydiandragon

In your regular quest journal, do you have any quests for Deshaan? If so, which ones?

Also, you have probably done this already but I will ask anyway........Have you looked for Registrar Riival in the Mournhold City Center?
    Edited by Hippie4927 on January 7, 2019 6:24AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️