Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix the in-combat bug...again.

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Around 6 months ago they fixed it pretty good, so that if you did no damage and took no damage for 7-8 seconds you dropped combat reliably.

Now it has slowly become worse and worse again to the point where it is as bad as ever.

If nothing else they should fix it since it must be extra strain on the server keeping track of who is in combat and who isn't based on some extraneous algorithm that has clearly gone rogue.

No damage done/taken for +/- 10 seconds you drop combat. Simple.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its time to slot Clever Alchemist! :trollface:
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »

Hahaa one upside off the insane amount of time stuck in combat.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    This bug is going to become as old as the one of running over the horse lol
    As a templar, happens to me all the time too
  • mullins07
    mullins07
    ✭✭✭
    I subscribe to ESO Plus only to support the game. I don't need any of the extra stuff I get from paying this subscription.

Until this bug is reliably fixed I will not be subscribing to ESO Plus.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night, I was in Sej when two EP zergs attacked it. We didnt have enough defense to even slow them down. They came in and came up the stairs. Me and and couple others jumped out the back.

No EP followed me or attacked me. I ran almost all the way back to the Alessia/Niben bridge before I finally got out of combat. It's rediculous.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Around 6 months ago they fixed it pretty good, so that if you did no damage and took no damage for 7-8 seconds you dropped combat reliably.

Now it has slowly become worse and worse again to the point where it is as bad as ever.

Yup :(
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    No damage done/taken for +/- 10 seconds you drop combat. Simple.

One would think this should be possible. It's probably already meant to be like this, but the spaghetti code keeps you in combat somehow.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Inanegrain62
    Is it intended for locking players out in certain dungeons as well? Such as blackheart and wayrest where players couldn't open the gate due to the group being in combat, locking them out.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Each day in pvp I run in this bug :/. Especially if an enemy warden is involved in the battle. This is so frustrating. Without words :/
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • oDezX
    oDezX
    Beardimus wrote: »

Don't see how drinking a potion has any bearing on being in combat?
    Edited by oDezX on November 1, 2018 12:50AM
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it intended for locking players out in certain dungeons as well? Such as blackheart and wayrest where players couldn't open the gate due to the group being in combat, locking them out.

Didn't have the issue in PvE yet. What's the problem in these specific dungeons ? I completed them multiple times with no trouble at all. I tend to play my Dk tank and not the Templar for that sort of content though.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    PVP: I can confirm. After fighting an enemy warden I stuck in combat with my nb.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left combat yesterday. Had to walk on foot from an outpost to the next keep. I was still in combat when I got inside the inner walls of the keep. That is more than a few minutes.

I had several events similar yesterday. Multiple times yesterday I somehow entered combat when I could not see any player or NPC. Just mysteriously entered combat

It is not uncommon that I resurrect in a keep that is not being attacked or even the home base that cannot be attacked (and gates are closed) and I am still in combat.

This has been in the game as long as I can remember, but had gotten worse. It borders on managerial incompetence that Zos ignores this yet implements harsher requirements for changing skills while in combat.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged on, first fight, stuck in combat. Logged out after like 10 minutes.

Zos, anybody at home ?
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on November 7, 2018 5:14PM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lord, it's staying forever! I got stuck in combat in the middle of nowhere without damaging/healing a single person for 25 mins. I just don't know anymore lel.
    PC|EU
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combo of Champion of the Hist set + Balorg monster set keeps you in combat till you reach 500 ults.
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oDezX wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

Don't see how drinking a potion has any bearing on being in combat?

You can't proc clever alchemist when you are not in combat. So drinking a potion will not give you the buff. But if you are always in combat anyways...

Regarding the Netch I always wondered if the game thinks you have been attacked if you resummon the netch since the old one "dies" and triggers the passive that heals you when one of your pets is killed. However just spamming netch often doesn't put you in combat so it's probably a combination of things.
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS idea of Templars:

Knights-Templar.jpg

Reality in game:

rollator-601x400.jpg

lolllll hahaha
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stam Warden hasn't been out of combat for the past hour or so, despite several longer breaks.

What the hell is this bs.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @Zeni: An plan to fix the *** bug???? Or are you really so incompetent at fixing this????
    Edited by Thunderclap on December 17, 2018 4:42PM
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I get a bug that prevents me looting or interacting with anything every now and then. I don't know if the game thinks I'm in combat but the only fixes are either opening inventory then closing it or /reloadui. (I don't get the red screen border with this bug)
  • KlotePino
    KlotePino
    ✭✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    I get a bug that prevents me looting or interacting with anything every now and then. I don't know if the game thinks I'm in combat but the only fixes are either opening inventory then closing it or /reloadui. (I don't get the red screen border with this bug)

I've been getting similar things, however reloadui doesn't solve anything, should check if opening inv works. I usually just get myself killed
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ? Nothing in the new dlc patch notes on this...again.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @cazlonb16_ESO

I've asked, not fixed the bug. But what do you expect from such a company?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455548/have-they-fix-the-in-combat-bug#latest