The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Some calculations please

DarkJester1
DarkJester1
✭✭✭
I've been on a bow build in BGs for a while now, using Swamp Raider's since everything I use is poison damage (+400 wd to poison damage abilities)

Now with shields having resistances now though, I'm wondering if Spriggan's is better?

How much additional damage is 3450 armor pen?

How much additional damage is 400 weapon damage?

I'm using Nirnhoned bow + poison damage poisons (1734 poison damage for 4.5 seconds and 1126 for 6.2 seconds [it's lower in BGs]). Is infused + Stam Drain glyph or Weapon Damage glyph better than this now?

Thanks so much!
Edited by DarkJester1 on October 23, 2018 7:54PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google Sorcerer Arithmagic for the calculations. I think he did a stamina version, but it is easy enough to look at the Sorcerer equations and plug in stamina values (it all works the same even if the resource pool and focus are different)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by fred4 on October 29, 2018 3:40AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For calculating how much extra damage 400 WD will add, use the calculator at: https://esoitem.uesp.net/viewSkills.php

Input your existing stats (as shown on your character sheet, after modifiers such as agility, minor/major brutality, etc.) and check the tooltip on an ability, Lethal for instance. Add another 400WD*your WD modifier and calculate how many extra % damage the new tooltip shows relative to the initial one.

For calculating the effect of the added 3450 pen from Spriggan's, use the calculator I linked in my sig.

My gut feeling is that the Sprigg will add more. It also buffs non-abilty sources of damage like glyphs, proc sets, etc. But I'd recommend you to investigate it either way.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    kowalski.jpg
    Title begged for this.