Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Do I Unbind This?

Wildberryjack
Wildberryjack
✭✭✭✭✭
In the housing editor the RMB is bound to "Link" but it isn't in the keybinds and I need to unbind it. How do I do that if it isn't in the keybinds to change? It's messing me up bad, I have movement bound to my mouse. I've looked at every setting and don't see this anywhere, google was no help at all either. I'm stumped.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God, please let me know, too! It's my main movement button, same with all my friends. :'(
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean Link isn't in the keybinds? It should be under the housing editor section of the controls. All you have to do to unbind 1 keybind is to use that key elsewhere, or else set something else in its place.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    Do you mean Link isn't in the keybinds? It should be under the housing editor section of the controls. All you have to do to unbind 1 keybind is to use that key elsewhere, or else set something else in its place.

It isn't under keybinds in the housing editor. It's nowhere in the keybinds at all.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    What I'm saying is if you want to use RMB for somewhere else, you can do that. It should unbind it from Link.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm saying is if you want to use RMB for somewhere else, you can do that. It should unbind it from Link.

Dude, I said I use it now for movement in my original post. It did NOT unbind it, it's bound to both. That's why I asked how do I unbind it from Link in the housing editor, because it's not in the keybinds to do so and having RMB bound to something else didn't unbind it from Link either. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Bind RMB to something else and then use your housing editor.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    Dude, I said I use it now for movement in my original post. It did NOT unbind it, it's bound to both. That's why I asked how do I unbind it from Link in the housing editor, because it's not in the keybinds to do so and having RMB bound to something else didn't unbind it from Link either. Try it and you'll see what I mean. Bind RMB to something else and then use your housing editor.

Yeah, but did you already try to bind it to something else?
    rolleyes.gif
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Yeah, but did you already try to bind it to something else?
    rolleyes.gif

Yes and yes. It was already bound to movement before the update that added this feature to the housing editor. So I tried to rebind it, and even to something different. It worked but it also stayed bound to Link so it is bound to TWO things still. It won't unbind from Link no matter what. I mean have you been able to get it to unbind from Link?
    Edited by Wildberryjack on October 29, 2018 9:40PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to be sarcastic, seeing how others seem to be stuck on that part. Sorry about that ...
    bye1.gif
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was trying to be sarcastic, seeing how others seem to be stuck on that part. Sorry about that ...
    bye1.gif

Oh ugh me LOL. I'm sorry I didn't pick up on that. Sometimes my sarcasm meter is busted LOL.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bye1.gif

Oh ugh me LOL. I'm sorry I didn't pick up on that. Sometimes my sarcasm meter is busted LOL.

It's alright. I take it no solution yet?
    (note: when I right-click, it selects a furnishing, then I can move normally. But I'm in linking mode.)
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    bye1.gif

It's alright. I take it no solution yet?
    (note: when I right-click, it selects a furnishing, then I can move normally. But I'm in linking mode.)

Nope, it doesn't appear that it can be unbound at this time. So I made a toon just for decorating and put her forward movement on a different mouse button. Prefer that to having to change my keybind constantly on my other toons when I want to do some decorating. Easier just to log to a different toon, her bags are full of furnishings, she's always ready to go!

Editing to add: ZOS I'm glad yall added the Link feature, if someone isn't using a decorating addon it's useful to have. But please let us rebind it to a different key. TY.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on November 1, 2018 2:26PM