Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meta anticipation. What should i play?

LuminaLilly
LuminaLilly
✭✭✭✭
So im returning back to eso and want to make a new character. Ive been off the game for almost a year and am pretty inattentive to all the class changes. ive always been avoidant of the meta of each time, but now i want to conform for the next patch. Who can guess what the next meta will be?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre DW Torug Nerf, DW Torug

After...

DW something.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade or Templar are great and probably the most well though out classes in the game but Dragonknights and Wardens can be amazing with the right set up anything but Sorcerer is a good pick can't recommend that class to anyone.

Nightblade is probably the best DPS class in both PVP and PvE not the best tanks or healers tho
    Templar- best healers, great tanks and the DPS is pretty good this patch Templars are a good well rounded class and if you really can't decide then just play it safe and chose a Templar.

Edited by RebornV3x on October 28, 2018 9:38PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'm betting that its finally time for some nightblade nerfs.

That being said, I suggest you find a class you like, and just change the gear. Like right now, any class can do decently with a stam build, dual wield, enchantments, bleeds, and spin to win.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano I have no NBs because I’ve been making and losing that bet for years
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For playing in an offensive role, pretty much any Stamina class is the way to go, especially for Battlegrounds. If you want to play a support spec, Magicka Templar and Magicka Warden would be the top choices (each with their own pros and cons).

My main character for quite some time has been a Magicka Warden, and I spend the overwhelming majority of my ESO time in Battlegrounds, playing a sort of damage/healing hybrid setup. Looked at on its own, I think my build is fairly strong, and most magicka builds aren't that bad to go up against (some of the better Magblades get really nasty, and anything that roots a lot can be a huge problem). It's quite easy to get rolled by Stam builds though, especially if it's a 1v1 and they actually know how to avoid the Shalks properly.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    @VaranisArano I have no NBs because I’ve been making and losing that bet for years

Me too lmao.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »

Fair enough! I finally leveled up a MagBlade to CP for the first time in 3 years, myself.